FLAVIA FUSION Drinks Station Arrives for Review
We've just received the FLAVIA FUSION Drinks Station to review. So far we're impressed with the shear amount of hot beverages you can make and the Sumatra coffee isn't bad at all. We'll be testing out this "Drink Station" over the next two weeks and expect our first impressions soon.
Would you like to enjoy a fresh-brewed single cup of coffee, espresso, teas, latte, chai latte, cappuccino or hot chocolate anytime you want with push-button speed and convenience? Now you can, with FLAVIA FUSION Drinks Station, a Sharper Image exclusive. This new at-home brewing system uses a sealed, foil-fresh single-serving "filterpack" of leaf tea or fresh-ground coffee plus purified hot water at the optimal temperature to make a variety of cafe drinks with no hassle at all. Forget the kettle, carafe, strainer, filters, grinder and everything else, except your own mug! Even when making two or more different beverages, there's no need to clean the Drinks Station in between.
- Single-serve drinks station brews 30+ flavorful drinks at the touch of a button
- Revolutionary brew-by-pack technology uses Flavia Filterpacks for hassle-free brewing
- Adjustable height accommodates various cup sizes, even a travel mug Removable, large-capacity water tank; activated-charcoal water filter included
- Measures 9 by 14 by 13 inches
- Purchase includes plug-in Drinks Station, a travel mug and 34 filterpacks across the impressive selection; mild-, smooth- and bold-roast coffees (including decaffeinated); classic and green teas; choco; plus creamy toppings, syrups and sprinkles for specialty concoctions. Order more filterpacks at myflavia.com. One-year warranty.
At Flavia J10NBK Fusion Drinks Station
Read More in: Flavia | Single Serve Coffee Machines
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at March 7, 2006 8:10 AM
I got a Flavia Fusion for Christmas this year and I absolutely love it! The selection is great and everything I have tried has been much better than my old coffe pot made. The teas and hot chocolate are great and the machine itself is very well made. It is very easy to use. My only complaint is that the coffe itself is only available (to my knowledge) at the Flavia website and is fairly pricey. Otherwise, I am thrilled with it!
I noticed that in some of the review it is mentioned that the Flavia is tall, but still fits under the counter and that the controls are on the top. Does this mean that if you are a short person that you are going to have a hard time using the machine controls because you cannot see ontop of the machine to operate it? If anyone has one let me know as I am 4'9" and have standard counters.
The Tassimo makes better tasting unflavored coffee, though selection is limited right now. The Flavia makes flavored coffes I like, but I don't care for the unflavoreds. The Tassimo doesn't have any flavored coffee right now. The Tassimo looks like a better built machine, though it has its issues (like long heat up time, low cup clearance, and post-brew water discharge into the drop tray.
From the looks of the Fusion I don't think I'd buy one, although I think the Flavia SB100 (at twice the price) is a good machine.