Lavazza Blue Pininfarina Single Serve Coffee Maker Arrives for Review
Café-Razzi has sent us the Lavazza Blue single serve coffee system to review. The Lavazza Blue is really called the "Pininfarina Pro" and is designed with a patented brewing mechanism to match the coffee capsules and assures a perfect cup each time. Lavazza has teamed up with two world famous Italian companies Pininfarina and Saeco to design and manufacture this machine. The sleek modern look was created by Pininfarina, famous for designing Italian exotics like Ferrari. The machine makes both coffee drinks and espresso based drinks.
Café-Razzi is currently the premier distributor of the Lavazza Blue system and features a coffee club that has a 30 day free trial. We'll be testing it over the next few weeks and already we're enjoying the ease of use from the capsule based system.
Update: Read our full review of the Lavazza Blue Pininfarina here...
- Manual loading for individual capsules
- Steam wand for cappuccinos & lattes
- Double boiler systems dedicated to brewing and steaming
- Removable and washable brewing unit
- 1 Gallon water tank capacity with electronic water tank level indicator
- Dispenser draw holds up to 25 used capsules. Electronic detection when drawer is full
- Programmable for up to three different coffee cup sizes or manual dosing
- Other programmable features include water hardness, brewing time, and drink temperature
- Cup warmer with two cup racks for small & large cups
- different language settings available
- Plumbed models available upon request
Read More in: Lavazza | Single Serve Coffee Machines
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at September 20, 2006 7:33 AM
Jay, I'll be super interested in your review of the Lavazza Blue. I believe you've tried their prior system (the Espresso Point), which I've also tried. I'd be very interested in whether you think the new machine prepares a more authentic tasting espresso. Of all the capsule or pod espresso systems I've tried I've felt the Espresso Point comes the closest to a true espresso taste, though still falls short. I wonder if the Lavazza Blue machines come even closer. Be sure also to comment on how well the machine can froth milk if you could.