Review: Pumpkin Spice Coffee Pods and K Cup Madness!
Yes. It's a mad mad mad world. We have received from our good friend Jim Evans at CoffeeWhiz.com - not one - not two - but six different pumpkin spice coffees to try. Three of the coffees are for your single serve coffee maker that uses coffee pods and will work in your Senseo, Bunn My Cafe, and Krups Home Cafesingle serve coffee pod brewers. The pumpkin spice coffee pods are from: Baronet Coffee, Reunion Island Coffee Pods, and Melitta's One: One JavaPods.
The other three are for your Keurig single serve coffee maker in K-Cup form and will work in your Keurig Elite B40 Brewer, Keurig B50, Keurig Special Edition Ultra Elite B60, and the newly released Keurig B70 Brewer. The k cup coffees are: Timothy's Pumpkin Spice K Cups, Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice K Cups, and Gloria Jean's Pumpkin Spice K Cups.
What did we ultimately think of each coffee? How did each of them taste?
Sampling the Pumpkin Spice Coffee Pods
We fired up our Senseo and Bunn My Cafeand tried out each one on the double cup setting on the Senseo and 7 oz on the Bunn My Cafe.
1. Baronet Pumpkin Spice - still very good. Once again no surprise a little better in the Bunn, but overall great kick and feels like Fall.
2. Reunion Island - okay. Nothing too amazing here but a very yummy pumpkin spice with decent flavor.
3. Melitta One: One Pumpkin Spice Coffee Pod - there are Melitta's new larger pods and we have to say - very good. We liked the overall character of the brew and thought this one had a flavor matching the Baronet coffee pod.
Sampling the Pumpkin Spice K Cups
We fired up the new Keurig B70 Brewer and tried each of the cups on the 7.25 oz setting.
1. Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice K-Cups - okay we have a sweet spot for these. If we receive any amount we will drink the entire box of K Cups in a less than a week. Yummy. Spicy. Delicious and lighter than the Timothy's.
2. Timothy's Pumpkin Spice K Cups - good but not amazing. We like the flavor but it's a bit bolder than we want our spice. We did like it later in the day over the morning.
3. Gloria Jean's Pumpkin Spice K Cups - another winner. Great flavor and very very pumpkin spice tasting. It's got a very just make the pumpkin pie smell and taste. Yummy again.
We recommend trying out a little bit of each of these Pumpkin Spice coffee pods or K cups. You'll immediately feel the taste of fall and also the smell of a really yummy pumpkin pie cooking. Thanks again for Jim Evans at CoffeeWhiz.com for sending all the different samples.
Read More in: Coffee Pod Reviews | K Cup Reviews | Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at October 9, 2006 7:28 AM