Review: Fratello Coffee Pods for Senseo, Bunn My Cafe, and other Coffee Pod Brewers
We've sampled all of the Fratello coffee pods we received for review over the past week. We picked up a sampler pack by ordering from the Coffee Artisan which comes with five different pods for $2.49. If you don't know that much about Fratello, Fratello has been roasting coffee since 1985, so that gives them a little north of 20 years of experience to put into their coffee pods.
Coffee Pods in Fratello Coffee Pod sampler pack:
- French Saigon Dark- This popular blend is a sure fire hit for those who love the smoky taste of a dark roast. Never bitter. 100%
- Columbian Supremo - Premium Colombian coffee - full in flavor. A classic cup of coffee.
- Columbian Natural Decaf Colombian - Coffee with heady aroma and mellow flavor. - Swiss Water Decaf Process with no chemical aftertaste.
- French Vanilla - An exceedingly smooth Bourbon Vanilla - one of the worlds most popular.
- Costa Rican Organic Fair Trade - Strictly high-grown coffee that produces a distinctive brew with vibrant flavor & rich undertones.
These coffee pods will work in your Senseo, Bunn My Cafe, Melitta One:One, simplehuman, Krups 1010 , GPOD, Home Cafe and other single serve coffee pod makers. What did we think? How good are the different coffee pods from Fratello?
Sampling the Fratello Coffee Pods
What we noticed right away was the quality of the pod packaging and the coffee pod itself. You can tell when a company has put some effort into their coffee pods, and the Fratello coffee pods are nicely put together. We also like the 10 gram coffee with and slim profile. At 10 grams, this makes the Fratello Coffee pods very compatible with your Senseo, Bunn My Cafe, Melitta One:One, simplehuman, Krups 1010 , GPOD, Home Cafe and other single serve coffee pod makers.
The Fratello coffee pods weigh in at a solid 10 grams even.
Brewing up a Cup of Fratello Coffee
We fired up our Bunn My Cafe and made a nice cup of 7 ounce French Saigon Dark to start. This is good coffee. We really like the overall flavor and the darker profile is very noticeable. We also like the nose of the coffee - the flavor seems to come right off the top of the cup.
The Fratello coffee pods worked great in the Bunn My Cafe.
A nice rich dark cup of French Saigon Dark.
Here's our thoughts on the sampler pack:
- French Saigon Dark- Easily our favorite and quite good i the morning surprisingly.
- Columbian Supremo - Good but nothing special here.
- Columbian Natural Decaf Colombian - Good flavor - much like above and it has little aftertaste.
- French Vanilla - Good but not that strong on the vanilla front.
- Costa Rican Organic Fair Trade - The other gem in the pack. Really liked this coffee.
Read More in: Coffee Pod Reviews | Coffee Pods | Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at May 29, 2007 7:22 AM