Make Your Own Coffee Pods with Melitta FilterPads
We just found out (thanks Cafepods) about the Melitta FilterPads (50 count) For the Senseo and other Pod Coffee Machines. These "filterpads" allow you to use your own coffee and create your own coffee pods for your Senseo, Bunn My Cafe, Melitta One:One, simplehuman, Krups 1010 , GPOD, Home Cafe and other single serve coffee pod makers. Unlike the Perfect Pod Maker, the Melitta Filterpads also don't require a dedicated heat press device to seal the coffee pods you make. We'll be ordering up a set of these to review very soon.
Here's how it works:
- Fill it with 3-4 teaspoons ground 'drip coffee' or ground espresso coffee (the finer the better).
- Push the flap inside, and make sure the coffee is spread evenly in the filterpad. Make sure the filterpad is closed securely.
- Put the filterpad in your 'pod holder' of the machine you have, close the lid and make the coffee!
- The finer the grind, the better the results. So don't use coffee that is ground too coarse. A 'drip coffee' grind is fine enough (but espresso or Turkish grind is better).
- The optimum 'filling amount' is 6-8 grams of ground coffee. This is 3-4 LEVEL teaspoonful.
- Remove any loose grains of coffee off the closed padfilter before putting it in the pod coffee machine.
- Used filterpads can be put with the green waste since they are biodegradable!
At Melitta FilterPads (50 count) For the Senseo and other Pod Coffee Machines
Read More in: Coffee Pods
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at June 15, 2007 10:47 AM
please let me know, where i can purchase "make your own pods"
i am having a great deal of trouble buying pods in super market,target,etc. this has happened all of a sudden. where can i readily find them?