Review: Dixie Voodoo Coffee Pods from Fratello
We've been drinking quite a bit of Dixie Voodoo coffee pods from Fratello using the Cuisinart SS-1 Cup-O-Matic single serve coffee maker over the past few weeks. This is our third official review for the Fratello coffee pods, and we think it's well deserved. All of the coffee pods we've had from Fratello have been excellent. We also like the attention to detail in the packaging, quality of coffee pod filter, and the generous 9.5 gram size.
What we like about the Dixie Voodoo coffee pods (besides the killer name) is the smoky/chocolaty flavor. They also have a strong lingering aftertaste which is both sweet and interesting.
The Dixie Voodoo coffee pods do indeed have a full body with a smoky flavor. They don't have really any bitter aftertaste, but they do have a flavor that lingers in the mouth for quite awhile after having a cup. The aftertaste and feel on the throat is both spicy and also a bit on the chocolate side, but mostly spicy.
- Aroma - 9 - earthy and medium in stature
- Acidity - 8 - sweet and nice - mostly in the aftertaste
- Body - 9 - a medium to darker body with good flavor
- Flavor - 10 - spicy and interesting with chocolate notes
- Mouth Feel - 8 - lighter than you'd think and better with cream and sugar to draw out the sweeter flavors
- Coffee Drinker - Medium to darker coffee drinker, though a light coffee drinker might think it advernturous
Overall Rating: 87 - Good
The Dixie Voodoo Coffee Pods from Fratello will work in your Senseo, Bunn My Cafe, Melitta One:One, simplehuman, Krups 1010 , GPOD, Home Cafe, Cuisinart SS-1 Cup-O-Matic, and other single serve coffee pod makers.
Available at The Coffee Artisan
Read how we review and rate single serve coffee and other single serve coffee beverages here.
Read More in: Coffee Pod Reviews | Coffee Pods | Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at October 29, 2007 7:40 AM