Review: Hazelnut Dark Roast Extra Bold K Cups from Green Mountain
We're not the biggest flavored coffee drinkers here at Single Serve Coffee, but every once in awhile a flavored coffee comes into our lives and can change our coffee drinking habits. Hazelnut Dark Roast Extra Bold is just such a flavored K Cup coffee.
We love the dark rich notes in this coffee, and mixed with a little cream and sugar - you get a buttery madness that explodes in your mouth and throat. The taste is rich and deep, with flavors of toasted hazelnuts over a deep dark bed of coffee. We have to say this may be one of our favorite dark roast flavors we've had in quite awhile.
- Aroma - 9 - great smell of hazelnut
- Acidity - 9 - more acid here but still balanced to the flavor and feel
- Body - 8 - good body - but not as bold and big as the flavor
- Flavor - 10 - Deep rich and buttery
- Mouth Feel - 9 - big
- Coffee Drinker - Dark roast coffee drinker or a medium roast drinker that loves flavor
Overall Rating: 90 - Exceptional
A deep dark cup of Hazelnut Dark Roast Extra Bold
These K Cups will work in your Keurig Elite B40 Brewer, Keurig B50, Keurig Special Edition Ultra Elite B60, Keurig B70 Brewer, Breville BKC600XL Gourmet Single Cup Brewer, and other Keurig K Cup brewers.
Here's the entire list of recently release K Cups from Green Mountain Coffee:
- Hazelnut Dark Roast Extra Bold - The sweet, buttery flavors of toasted hazelnuts layered over the rich flavors and subtly smokey aromas of our darker-roasted coffee.
- Double Black Diamond Extra-Bold K Cups - Our darkest Extra Bold coffee is heavy-bodied, with a dark and toasty flavor. On a darkness scale of 1-10, this one goes to eleven.
- Dark Magic Decaf Extra Bold - Spellbinding complexity. Deep, dark and intense. Enjoy our most popular Extra Bold coffee, now available in decaf!
- Half-Caff Blend K Cups -Perfect when you want a little late-afternoon or evening pick-me-up without a sleepless night.
Read how we review and rate single serve coffee and other single serve coffee beverages here.
Read More in: K Cup Reviews | Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at November 14, 2007 10:04 AM