Review: Black Mountain Gold Moka Java Gourmet Coffee Pods
We're always looking for a very interesting and rich cup of single serve coffee. Recently we've started to go through many of the coffees offered by Black Mountain Gold Coffee. They have some very distinctive flavors - and one we've found is their Black Mountain Gold Moka Java Gourmet Coffee Pods. This coffee uses a mix of peaberry coffee from the island of Java blended with Ethiopian moka beans. The result is a very balanced, and richly flavored cup of single serve coffee.
The coffee has a very spicy nose, and that spice translates into a really rich interesting flavor. It has both a warm and toasty bite in the taste, with a rich caramel like finish. If you add just a touch of sugar - the candy like notes really come out. Both beans of the peaberry coffee and the Ethiopian moka beans seem to balance each other really well in this coffee pod, resulting in a cup of single serve coffee we'll have again and again.
- Aroma - 10 - spicy and really rich
- Acidity - 8 - nothing much here - some acid after sitting
- Body - 9 - we think the light to medium nature of the coffee will work for most drinkers
- Flavor - 10 - spicy and really rich - candy-like caramel notes
- Mouth Feel - 8 - bigger than you would expect - lingers on the tongue
- Coffee Drinker - Medium to a lighter coffee drinker who wants something with exciting flavor and a bit of spice
Overall Rating: 91 - Exceptional
At Black Mountain Gold Moka Java Gourmet Coffee Pods
Read how we review and rate single serve coffee and other single serve coffee beverages here.
Read More in: Coffee Pod Reviews | Coffee Pods | Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at January 17, 2008 8:13 AM