Bosch Tassimo France Website is Live - Tassimo Bosch Features Detailed
SH from Canada has written in and provided a rather extensive translation of the new Tassimo designed by Bosch web site in France. The Bosch's France-based Tassimo website is now LIVE. It also appears no other Bosch Tassimo websites are online yet, and there's lots of juicy tidbits of the Bosch Tassimo features below.
Here's what SH had to say with a translation of the site from French to English:
It appears Bosch recently held a brunch/press event a few days ago where they invited French Tassimo bloggers to preview the new Bosch machine before it hits France retail stores (This is rumored to be in April/May 2008 on the bloggers' sites).
The Glamour Red Tassimo designed by Bosch
The machine comes in several metallic colors (which are oddly described in English on the French site) such as Silk Silver, Magic Black, Glamour Red and Morning Sun Orange. We're not sure if the colors will be exclusive only to Europe like the current Braun models or if they'll be available worldwide. There's a video of the press event on the site where you can see the machine in action as well as a contest for France residents where they can vote for their favorite blogger (via photo gallery selections) and win one of the new machines along with a 3-month supply of T-Discs (the winning blogger also gets a machine).
The remainder of the site shows the machine's new features which include:
- 139€ euros manufacturer suggested retail value (see "lots" section of website) = Average $210 USD & CAD.
- New auto-cleaning system cleans the piercing unit after each cup via steam-pressure
- New start/stop button has a series of lights around it which show "Brewing in progress/Auto Mode, Brewing Done/Manual Mode
- Warning light to refill water tank, Warning light to show "Descaling Recommended" (nice!)"
- Water tank is now 2 liters and has carry handle.
- No need to wait for heating element to warm up when brewing 2 cups due to Bosch's "Thermoflux" technology (apparently allows you to brew several cups one right after the other. I'm guessing this will also allow you to immediately brew the milk discs when making cappuccinos/lattes)
- Integrated power cord storage on machine Front-mounted on/off switch (based on photo of machine, not actually noted on website)
It appears the only elements being borrowed from the Braun model are the cup stand/drip tray design, the clamping mechanism in which you insert T-Discs and possibly the piercing unit. We'll have more details as we find them out, and we really hope the new features and Tassimo colors make it to the US.
At Tassimo France
Read More in: Single Serve Coffee Europe | Tassimo & T-Discs
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at January 28, 2008 9:44 AM