Senseo Gourmet Coffee and Mixologist Eben Klemm Coffee Drinks
SENSEO Gourmet Coffee is teaming up with one of New York City's most acclaimed mixologists, Eben Klemm of B.R. Guest Restaurants, to introduce two new signature coffee beverages designed to perk up of the average cup of joe. The new recipes give consumers a budget-conscious way to create restaurant-quality coffee-based cocktails and iced coffee drinks at home with the ease and convenience of the SENSEO Coffee System.
A former MIT researcher with a degree in molecular biology from Cornell, Klemm brings his methodological training to the world of mixed drinks. Known for his scientific approach, Klemm conceptualizes and implements cocktails for all B.R. Guest properties, inventing drinks and cocktails that have become legendary among restaurant patrons and his compatriots.
"We wanted to enlist a mixologist to develop recipes specifically designed to enhance our flavors and mesh with our coffee," said John Risley, director of marketing for SENSEO. "By tapping Eben's expertise in mixology, we are thrilled to give coffee-lovers a new way to enjoy SENSEO and a premium coffee experience."
These coffee drinks will work with just about any Single Serve Coffee pod brewer or other Single-Cup coffee maker. We really liked the iced recipe, and expect to drink a bunch this Summer.
SENSEO Cocktail (1 serving) Instructions:
SENSEO Iced Beverage (1 serving) Instructions:
- Load double pod holder with one pod each of the SENSEO Origins Kenya Blend and the SENSEO Medium Roast.
- Fill pre-warmed, preferably clay pottery, coffee mug with:
- 1 ounce Anejo tequila
- Small pinch powder ancho chile
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon good quality hot chocolate powder
- Stir to blend
- Run machine.
- Sprinkle surface with powder from unused SENSEO Origins Kenya Blend coffee pod.
- Load double pod holder with one pod each of the SENSEO Paris: French Vanilla and the SENSEO Dark Roast.
2. Stir in:
- 1.5 Ounces of Maple Syrup
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- One Whole Star Anise (optional)
- Pour the mixture over ice and stir with 3 ounces of cold milk.
Read More in: Senseo
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at July 8, 2009 8:01 AM