Review: Senseo 10 Percent Kona Coffee Blend Pods
Senseo was kind enough to send over a sample bag of their new 10% Kona Coffee Blend coffee pods to review, and we're glad they did. We've been anticipating how good these coffee pods would and could be, and are pleased to say up front - pretty darn good (think Larry David saying that). Kona Coffee tends to be milder and easier on the stomach and palette, and the 10% Kona Coffee blend coffee pods are no exception.
We fired up our original Senseo single serve coffee maker (yes the one we launched the site with just over 5 years ago), and used the double cup setting. The coffee produced had the classic Senseo froth, and the aroma was mild.
- Aroma - 7 - Nothing great here but nothing bad either - not very strong.
- Acidity - 7 - Low acidity and easy on the stomach.
- Body - 8 - Medium body with a milder finish.
- Flavor - 7 - Round and almost sweet with an aftertaste of rich flavor.
- Mouth Feel - 8 - Smooth - what else is there to say this is good stuff.
- Coffee Drinker - Suited for any coffee drinker from light to dark. We think you'll be pleased.
Overall Rating: 88 - Good
Overall we think you'll like the Senseo 10% Kona Coffee Blend coffee pods, and we think the wide range of coffee drinkers that will enjoy this coffee makes the Kona blend coffee pods a winner. The 10% Kona Blend coffee pods from Senseo will work in your Senseo, Bunn My Cafe, Melitta One:One, simplehuman, Krups 1010 , GPOD, Home Cafe, Cuisinart SS-1 Cup-O-Matic, Melitta MES5B Javapod, and other single serve coffee pod makers.
At Senseo US and Senseo Kona Pods
Read how we review and rate single serve coffee and other single serve coffee beverages here.
Read More in: Coffee Pod Reviews | Coffee Pods | Reviews | Senseo
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at November 5, 2009 7:59 AM