Review: Celestial Seasonings Sweet Peach Iced Tea K-Cups
We're going to feature a bunch of the brew over iced K-Cups over the next week, and we kick things off with the Celestial Seasonings Sweet Peach Iced Tea K-Cups and notice a light peach aroma filling our nose as the hot liquid melts over the ice. This aroma quickly becomes muted after the drink cools down a bit.
We didn't really notice much acidity as the ice cuts down on it somewhat. Things were smooth overall and there was barely any aftertaste. The thing which threw us off a bit was the initial punch to the face of bitter flavoring... we couldn't quite figure out what caused it. The peach flavoring? The cane sugar? (unlikely) or perhaps it was the hibiscus? Once we got accustomed, we started noticing more of the natural peach flavoring hiding below the light sweetness of the cane sugar. The longer we sipped on the drink, the more peach notes started coming through. A flavor score of 5 thankfully got changed to an 8 as a result.
Body was what we were expecting. Reddish-orange hues when held to a light source which mimics the colors you'd expect in the skin tones of a peach. A bit of yellow instead of red would have been slightly more natural. As for mouth feel, we thought the melted ice would cause the drink to be too watery, but it held up fairly well and even had a light, silky feel to it.
Overall, we've had better in the past, but we feel once most people get over the bitter initial flavor, they'll come to like these Celestial Seasonings Sweet Peach Iced Tea K-Cups for a casual drink on a warm Summer afternoon. The flavor grows and grows with each sip, and is very peachy.
- Aroma - 7 - Light peach scent present during brewing, not as strong as we would have liked.
- Acidity - 5 - Barely present, very mellow & smooth overall, little aftertaste.
- Body - 9 - Notes of reddish-orange when held to a light source. Good representation of peach color.
- Flavor - 8 - A little bitter at first, then sweeter notes of the cane sugar help push out light peach flavor mellowing underneath. Gets better the longer you drink through cup.
- Mouth Feel - 8 - Despite melted ice, not watery. Has a light silky feel overall.
- Coffee Drinker - Casual tea drinkers or those who prefer a flavored iced tea where the taste of the tea itself if more present than the flavoring. This isn't too bad, but we wish a sweeter, stronger peach flavoring would have been present.
Overall Rating: 87 - Good
The Celestial Seasonings Sweet Peach Iced Tea K-Cups will work in your Keurig Elite B40 Brewer, Keurig B50, Keurig Special Edition Ultra Elite B60, Keurig Platinum B70 Brewer, Breville BKC600XL/BKC700XL Gourmet Single Cup Brewer, and other Keurig K Cup brewers including the Keurig Mini Plus and Keurig Mini B30.
At Celestial Seasonings Sweet Peach Iced Tea K-Cups
Note: Thanks to Green Mountain for sending us these K-Cups to review. A special thanks to SH for the review.
Read how we review and rate single-serve coffee and other single-serve coffee beverages here.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews | Single Serve Tea
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at August 27, 2010 7:55 AM