Review: The Original Donut Shop Coffee Vue Pack from Coffee People
We often wonder how much coffee can be improved when you brew it with a new system or different method. Back in 2007 we had our first cup of The Original Donut Shop Coffee in K-Cup form from Coffee People and thought it was good - but not great. Oh how things have changed with this medium roast coffee using the new Vue system from Keurig and Vue pack.
The Vue pack or V-Cup version of the Original Donut Shop Coffee is much more on the medium to medium bold side of coffee. It's more than just your standard donut shop coffee because it has sweet chocolate notes with a very nice bite on the tongue. Acid continues to be low, and we really just love the entire roast profile - it's not a french roast but it's close enough to make us happy but we think we'll still be pleasing to medium-light coffee drinkers looking for a bit of a change.
We brewed using the 8oz setting on the normal mode. If you use the STRONG setting you can make this Original Donut Shop Coffee approach an almost french roast like flavor.
- Aroma – 8 – It's got that coffee shop nose and smells very smoky yet sweet.
- Acidity – 10 – Sharp on the back of the throat but gentle overall.
- Body – 9 – Medium as expect but warm and inviting. This is more than a breakfast blend/mid-day coffee - it's a 3am with eggs coffee.
- Flavor – 10 – So good - it's sweet chocolate notes with a french roast upper profile gives it legs.
- Mouth Feel – 8 – Adequate. We think the mouth feel here could be a bit bigger but then again it may be the french notes tricking us.
- Coffee Drinker – We think medium-light coffee drinkers will like the bolder notes, and medium-dark coffee drinkers will find this right in their sweet spot.
Overall Rating: 95 – Excellent
Donut Shop Coffee from Coffee People is one of the many Keurig Vue Packs available for the Keurig Vue V700 Single Cup Brewing System. The Keurig Vue Packs are not compatible with older Keurig K-Cup systems.
We purchased these Vue Packs on our own for the purpose of this review.
Read how we review and rate single-serve coffee and other single-serve coffee beverages here
Read More in: Keurig Reviews | Keurig Vue & V-Cups | Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at April 30, 2012 7:43 AM