Keurig Rivo Cappuccino and Latte System
In partnership with Lavazza coffee, Green Mountain and Keurig are introducing the Rivo System designed to deliver coffee shop-quality cappuccinos and lattes at home using fresh milk. The new Keurig Rivo System combines the simplicity of Keurig single cup technology with the authenticity of Italy's favorite coffee, Lavazza, and marks GMCR's entrance into the espresso, cappuccino and latte brewer category.
This also means Green Mountain is going head to head with the recently announced Verismo single serve coffee and espresso maker from Starbucks. The Starbucks Verismo uses shelf stable milk capsules, but the Rivo uses fresh milk from your own refrigerator. This also means there's going to be K-Cups, Vue Packs, and Rivo Packs for consumers to pick from to use in their K-Cup Brewer, Vue System, and Rivo System.
The Rivo will be available just in time for the holiday season, the Rivo System will be sold exclusively at select Bloomingdales' locations beginning in mid-November and is expected to become more widely available, including on www.keurig.com, by the spring of 2013.
Rivo System's Features
The Keurig Rivo System, which is named to evoke the Italian word for revolutionary, is one of the only at-home premium espresso brewers in its price range ($229.99 SRP) that brews authentic espresso-based beverages using any type of fresh milk from the refrigerator — from whole milk to skim and even non-dairy options — offering an exceptional alternative to the high-priced beverage options typically consumed at coffee shops. With minimal clean-up, Rivo provides an easy way to brew a variety of delicious drinks - including hot or iced cappuccinos, lattes, mochas and more, simply and consistently.
To make true espresso, a brewing machine must be a high pressure system, forcing hot water through a finely ground blend of specially blended and roasted coffee. The Keurig Rivo System brews rich Lavazza Italian espresso with up to 15 bars of pressure and each Rivo pack contains approximately 7.5 grams of a unique blend of 100 percent Arabica beans, packed and freshly sealed to preserve optimum quality of taste.
To make authentic cappuccinos, or lattes, fresh milk has to be frothed using high-temperature steam. The Keurig Rivo System optimally froths the milk with a combination of hot steam and a high speed spinning whisk. The Rivo System delivers delicious espresso-based beverages with exceptionally long-lasting foam and ideal in-cup temperatures.
The combination of fresh milk and espresso-blend Rivo packs, crafted by Lavazza exclusively for the Rivo System, offer users the breadth of choice to brew up to 32 authentic espresso-based beverage options at the touch of a button in under two minutes.
Key brewer features include:
- Two espresso sizes: short (1.4 oz.) and lungo (2.8 oz.)
- Three frothing modes to make the perfect froth, hot or cold
- Removable 60 oz. water reservoir
- Frothing pitcher that is dishwasher safe
Rivo pack varieties ($14.99 SRP for an 18-count box) include:
- Espresso Delicato (medium roast): A medium roast featuring a pleasant aroma with notes of tropical fruit; sweet, mild floral qualities with a lingering fruity finish.
- Espresso Classico (medium roast): A medium roast with a full bodied blend and a balanced acidity; slightly sweet with notes of chocolate and a long lasting citrus finish.
- Espresso Intenso (dark roast): A dark roast consisting of a bold, full bodied blend with aromas of butter and caramel; subtle hints of smoke with a pleasantly crisp finish.
- Espresso Decaf (medium roast decaffeinated): A medium decaffeinated roast featuring a balanced flavor and gently sweet aromas of grape and dried fruit with a satisfying, smooth finish.
Read More in: Single Serve Coffee Machines
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at November 8, 2012 7:43 AM