Acaia: The Minimalist Coffee Brewing Scale
Over at Kickstarter we’ve found a great coffee scale called Acaia. Acaia is a simple minimalist coffee brewing scale featuring an LED readout, and a clean design. Why do you need a coffee scale when using a pour over coffee maker? If you want consistency in your cup of pour over coffee you’ll want to weigh the coffee and water to get it right every time. The Acaia scale also works with your iPhone using an app to communicate via Bluetooth about various brewing methods and times.
Features of the Acaia brewing scale:
- Touch sensitive on and off button
- 6*6 scale pressure plae
- The pressure plate also has no rubber feet under it - the entire base is rubber so it never tips and is inaccurate
- Accuracy of 0.1 gram increments.
- Smart auto off feature and auto off can be disabled for long pours
- A hot coffee insulation pad can be placed over the coffee scale when doing a pour over
The Acaia Coffee brewing app Acaia Coffee Brewing Tool is an awesome App that connects with the coffee scale via Bluetooth 4.0 technology, and features a coffee brewing monitor for various types of coffee.
- Coffee Brewing Monitor - When you have to run some errands while brewing a 4 minutes
- French Press coffee - our build in scale reading and timer is your saviour, you can check the progress and time while you are doing something else.
- Brewing & Blooming Timer - Keep track of the brew time with a stopwatch or countdown timer, depending on different brewing method.
Let’s hope they get funded but right now they’re at $5k out of $30k needed and it’s early - so that’s good news and we think they’ll be successful.
Read More in: Coffee Gadgets & Accessories | Whole Bean and Ground Coffeee
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at November 22, 2013 7:35 AM