Gourmesso Bolivia Pura Mezzo Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules Review
Gourmesso is a fairly recent player to the Nespresso compatible coffee capsule market. Gourmet recently sent us a wide range of their Nespresso compatible Lungo and Espresso capsules. Most of their coffees are Fair Trade, and we decided to start with the Bolivia Pure Mezzo Gourmesso capsules. Each of their capsules come packed in boxes with 10 capsules with 2 capsules to each pouch. The pouches are not resealable, but we didn’t seem to have a problem pulling a few shots of each and not letting the coffee get stale.
Brewing the Gourmesso Bolivia Pura Mezzo Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules resulted in a somewhat dry very moderate cup of espresso. Tasting gave us notes of fruit, and there’s almost a peppery quality to it until the espresso cools. We really like these shots with a little sugar and milk. The espresso seemed to settle down and really relax in a latte.
- Aroma – 9 – Very pleasant top note of a classic espresso with subtle fruit aroma.
- Acidity – 8 – On the lighter side but still has a kick to it.
- Body – 10 – A rich dark amber with a full feel in the mouth.
- Flavor – 7 – Given we didn’t prefer it straight up - mixing this with some creme and sugar fixed any flavor issues we had.
- Mouth Feel – 6 – Thin and decent to start but didn’t have the legs we expected.
- Coffee Drinker – This is for the medium roast person or someone who wants a bit of a surprise. The espresso isn’t complex but it does change in flavor over the course of drinking it.
Overall Rating: 86– Average
Gourmesso is onto something with this blend, and we hope to provide some more reviews of their other blends of Nespresso Compatible capsules. We want to thank Gourmesso for sending us the capsules to review. All Gourmesso Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules will work in any Nespresso Maker, and will not work with the Vertuoline of Nespresso machines.
At Bolivia Pura Mezzo
Read More in: Nespresso | Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Coffee for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at April 21, 2015 8:15 AM