Coffee Gadgets & Accessories
September 9, 2014
Adrian Rivera of Whittier, California (collectively, 'ARM') filed a complaint requesting that the ITC commence an investigation pursuant to Section 337. In less law like terms ARM has patents regarding reusable K-Cups and other patents around brewing with a K-Cup that uses your own coffee. The adaptor assembly of the reusable brewing capsule is also listed in the complaint. If ARM succeeds it looks like there may be a single reusable K-Cup in town.
The complaint alleges that the following entities (collectively, the 'Proposed Respondents') unlawfully import into the U.S., sell for importation, and/or sell within the U.S. after importation certain beverage brewing capsules, components thereof, and products containing the same that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent No. 8,720,320 (the '320 patent):
- Solofill LLC of Houston, Texas
- DonGuan Hai Rui Precision Mould Co., Ltd. of China
- Eko Brands, LLC of Woodinville, Washington
- Evermuch Technology Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Ever Much Co. Ltd. of China
- Melitta USA, Inc. of North Clearwater, Florida
- LBP Mfg. Inc. of Cicero, Illinois
- LBP Packaging (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. of China
- Spark Innovators, Corp. of Fairfield, New Jersey
- B. Marlboros International Ltd. (HK) of Hong Kong
- Amazon.com, Inc. of Seattle, Washington
In the complaint, ARM states that the Proposed Respondents import and sell products that infringe the '320 patent. The complaint specifically refers to various products associated with the Proposed Respondents, including, for example, the Solofill K2 and K3, the EkoBrew Elite and EkoBrew (China), the Melitta E-Filter, and the Sparks Café Cup.
Via ITC Law
May 15, 2014
Don’t you just love waking up to the fresh smell of a cup of coffee in the morning? Of course you love waking up to a fresh cup of coffee so Nescafe has made the Nescafé Alarm Cap.
The Nescafe Alarm cap is a ‘soft and natural awakening’ followed by ‘open the cap to enjoy the delicious aroma of NESCAFÉ’. The Alarm Cap is a 3D-printed combination container lid and alarm clock, assembled in California and run on a custom Arduino-based platform.
You attach it to your Nescafé bottle, and the alarm clock will gently wake you up with sounds. Unfortunately, the Nescafé Alarm Caps are very limited, and only 200 press kits are available. We’ll let you know if they plan on making this a production product.
May 9, 2014
It's time to blast off to a better world with this one-cup coffee brewer. The Rocket Fuel Pour-Over Coffee Brewer has it the right amount of thrust to make any cup of coffee more exciting.
This red rocket-themed pour over brewer will let make one perfect cup of coffee at a time.
- BPA Free.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Measures approximately 3.5 inches tall x 4 inches in diameter.
- Uses standard #2 coffee filter.
At Rocket Fuel One-Cup Coffee Brewer
January 22, 2014
The Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite Cup, Refillable K-Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers will allow you to use your own ground coffee in just about any K-Cup brewer. What’s different about this Ekobrew is stainless steel. The stainless steel design makes clean up a breeze and the lid and inner basket will stay fresh for a lifetime of use.
- 100% BPA/lead free, one-piece design and it has a deep-set lid flange, heat resistant grips, 100% silicone O-ring
- New sediment free filter, inlet dispersion cone, micro-screen and laser perforated base all provide the perfect combination of attributes to ensure a clean, full and even extraction of the very best your coffee has to offer
- Save money by using your favorite coffee and, at the same time, reduce the impact on the environment; the all-metal hinge resists fatigue from frequent use
- No need to remove the Keurig filter holster; simply fill the Ekobrew Elite, place it in your machine, and brew normally
- Ekobrew is not compatible with the B30, B130, B150, B155, Mr Coffee BVMC-K and Vue
January 17, 2014
If you've ever wondered about making coffee poured through cherry, walnut, or maple woods - Canadiano is for you. Carved out of Cherry, Walnut and Maple wood, the Canadiano is the Canadian pour-over method of brewing coffee. You place the Canadiano on your cup, add two spoons of coffee and pour hot water into the wooden bowl. 2-4 minutes later your coffee is ready. Because the Canadiano is made of wood, overtime the coffee oils of your specific beans and roast will be absorbed into the wood and be a part of your morning coffee experience.
Each type of wood is matched with different beans and roasts from around the world. The Walnut edition is crafted and designed for use with darker roasts and earthier flavors such as beans from South East Asia. Maple and Cherry is designed for beans with slight citrus hints and nutty taste.
There's also a metal filter to reduce waste and lower your environmental impact by not using paper filters similar to other pour-over techniques.
Full video after the jump and it's got a little profanity in it.
Continue reading: "Canadiano - Single Cup Pour Over Wood Coffee Filter"
January 2, 2014
If you’re looking to up your single serve coffee game this year, we recommend flaunting your coffee love with a stylish coffee iPhone case. The Coffee Cup series over at WowCase has several different color options to put around your new iPhone 5.
- Shock absorbable and anti-bump for ultra protection
- You can bend or twist it, without deforming from the original shape
- Designed with a stand to prop up your device while you watch movies, read ebooks or type words
- Precise cutouts allow easy access to all buttons and ports
- Each case comes with an anti dust plug
December 17, 2013
The K2V-Cup allows you to use any K-Cup in a Keurig Vue brewer. The K2V-Cup is a 2 in 1 Coffee reusable Coffee Cup. You can use any K-Cup in your Keurig Vue Machine, and you can use your own coffee in the Keurig Vue by filling the Eco-Fill - a reusable K-Cup which comes with the K2V-Cup.
We received a K2V-Cup to try out in our Keurig Vue brewer, and it quickly transformed our Vue brewer into a K-Cup powerhouse. We tried a variety of K-Cups and results were always a great cup of coffee every time. We also used the Eco-Fill combined with the K2V-Cup to use our own coffee, and the coffee produced was excellent.
Continue reading: "K2V-Cup for Keurig Vue Brewers - Use Any K-Cup in Vue Brewers"
November 22, 2013
Over at Kickstarter we’ve found a great coffee scale called Acaia. Acaia is a simple minimalist coffee brewing scale featuring an LED readout, and a clean design. Why do you need a coffee scale when using a pour over coffee maker? If you want consistency in your cup of pour over coffee you’ll want to weigh the coffee and water to get it right every time. The Acaia scale also works with your iPhone using an app to communicate via Bluetooth about various brewing methods and times.
Continue reading: "Acaia: The Minimalist Coffee Brewing Scale"
October 30, 2013
With Halloween almost upon us it's hard not to pull out a little macabre spoon to make your Halloween coffee a little more spooky. The Sugar Skull Spoon will help you set the tone to each cup of coffee you have this Fall. The shape of the skull embedded into the spoon makes for a raised skull after scooping. It’s £8 ($13) for yours, and if you fund it over at Kickstarter I'm sure they'll get it done even faster.
October 17, 2013
For all of us who are waiting on more coffees, teas, and other drinks for the VUE brewer we think we've found the solution - the Solofill V2 GOLDCUP. This 3-1 refillable filter cup for Keurig VUE brewers allows you to use K-Cups, ground coffee, and coffee pods in your VUE brewer. Now when that new K-Cup flavor comes out you can use it right away in your VUE brewer.
K-Cups are trending to be cheaper than VUE cups, and this can also save you money. Plus if you love a micro-roasted coffee at your local coffee house you can now use it with your VUE brewer by using the refillable filter that comes with the Solofill V2 Goldcup. The Solofill V2 Goldcup is also easy to use and easy to clean if you use ground coffee.
Continue reading: "Use K-Cups in Your VUE Brewer - Solofill V2 GOLDCUP 3-1 Refillable Filter Cup"
October 2, 2013
One of the big complaints I hear from lots of friends about Single Serve Coffee drinkers is our at home mentality and lack of coffee house need. They often complain to me that the main reason to go to a coffee house isn't just for the coffee but for the ambiance. I've thought about how to fix this and now I can stop thinking - Coffitivity for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch brings the coffee shop to you.
Continue reading: "Coffitivity - Coffee House Ambient Noise Maker for iPhone"
September 26, 2013
Are you worried about getting some cocoa in your next cup of coffee? Did you just try some K-Cup that has left a mess in your brewer head? Are you worried your hard water has left your K-Cup brewer full of bad stuff to clog it? We have these problems monthly with all of our testing here at Single Serve Coffee, and Urnex has developed the CleanCup Single Cup Brewer Cleaning Cups and their CleanCup Descaling Liquid for K-Cup brewers to solve these problem.
Continue reading: "CleanCup Single Cup Brewer Cleaning Cups and Descaling Liquid"
September 10, 2013
If you want to know where old single serve coffee makers go when they retire it appears they turn into soap dispensers. We had several readers write in about the Nine Star Automatic Liquid-Soap Dispenser and how much it looks like the Senseo single serve coffee pod brewer. It's like they took the design of the Senseo's back tank and turned the top into a soap pump. Right?
Continue reading: "Is this a Senseo or a Liquid Soap Dispenser?"
August 28, 2013
Making frothed milk can be a very hot and daunting task for those who don't do it on a regular basis, but if you're looking the easiest preparation of thick, rich frothed milk the TEC Automatic Milk Frother from Capresso is for you. You can make rich frothed milk in minutes for cappuccinos, latte, hot chocolate and other milk specialties.
Features and Benefits
Continue reading: "Capresso Froth TEC Automatic Milk Frother"
- New patent pending froth enhancer is designed to deliver thick, cream froth at the touch of a button
- Heating disk warms milk without ever scalding
- Large capacity: 10-oz for frothed milk and 16-oz for heated (non-frothed) milk
- Dual auto shut-off for safe operation when temperature is reached or when pitcher is removed from base
- Three illuminated temperature buttons (cold, hot, warm) can be used with frothing disk or heating disk
- Sturdy German-made SCHOTT Duran glass milk pitcher
- Dishwasher safe removable milk pitcher for simple and quick cleaning
- Includes one frothing disk and one heating disk that can be stored in integrated storage drawer