August 15, 2012
The guys over in the R-9 Studio are cranking out various sci-fi coffee tables and furniture inspired by George Lucas, Ridley Scott, and others. The one that caught our eye is the Millennium Falcon Coffee table. We love the almost concrete nature of the design along with the soft lines.
Continue reading: "Star Wars Millennium Falcon Coffee Table"
April 26, 2012
We do. The dog is man's best friend, and we think it could be man's best coffee table too. This shot of a labrador is accurate, because the artist studied two labradors in a therapy pool in order to capture the movement in this coffee table. It's also a perfect size with the at 49 inches high X 36 inches wide.
At Labrador Dog Coffee Table
April 11, 2012
We guess that's the problem with DVDs - they've never made for a great shape stacked up when it comes to fulfilling our needs as a potentially giant coffee table. Made of hand crafted teak, the VHS coffee table also comes inscribed with movie favorites like Footloose, and the Empire Strikes Back and the shape of a pile of VHS tapes is the perfect coffee table shape.
Continue reading: "VHS Coffee Table Makes Us Want to Toss our DVDs"
April 9, 2012
Brandon Gore's Orson Coffee Table is a well-designed coffee table because it has a sanctuary for your coffee cup. THE ORSON will be your new favorite coffee table, and is handcrafted by Brandon Gore in his artisan studio.
Continue reading: "Coffee Table With Built-In Saucers Catches the Drops"
March 30, 2012
Over at Etsy someone has decided to go boldy beyond where coffee tables have been before, and made on in the shape of the Star Trek Enterprise. The table glass dimensions are 34" x 54" x 17" tall making the entire ship a bit too small for actual interplanetary travel, but perfectly sized for caffeinated travel.
Continue reading: "Caffeinate at Warp Speed with the Star Trek Enterprise Coffee Table"
March 15, 2012
The REK coffee table is designed for tiny apartments where clutter and space is always an issue. Designed by Dutch designer Reiner de Jong the REK coffee table is very much like a dinner table with extendable leaves. You can slide one or both of the interior sections to make a long table, and the interior sections also slide out in two directions for more options when guests are over.
Continue reading: "Shape-Shifting Coffee Table is a Total Rek"
February 7, 2012
Here's a coffee table we never would have imagined could exist 10 years ago. The body of the table encapsulates electronics and robotics, that sculpt geometric patterns and images into a field of microscopic silicone beads beneath a glass top. The effect is mesmerizing and magical; it is truly Zen-like to watch ever-changing patterns and images appear in the sand.
Total price for a coffee table table sponsorship is at $5000, and you can get other smaller versions as well. We'll have to wait and see how well this Kickstarter project turns out before plopping down 5k.
- Constructed from organically grown FSC certified renewable bamboo, which is available in several different styles
- The glass top is extremely strong tempered glass, 5/16" thick, as is similar to the high-strength glass used in store windows
- Comes with an SD card containing programs for sculpting patterns into the sand
- A dimmer switch controls the brightness of the built-in lighting
- An optional 3G modem can be built into your table to receive new programs for sculpting via the cellphone network, along with a service plan subscription that will push new designs to the table as they are created
- Control the table from your smartphone. With the 3G modem option installed, you can download the iPhone/Android app which we are currently developing and play a compendium of classic games, or send commands via text message to your tables dedicated phone number
- Connect a USB cable to your table, if desired, to send commands directly to the table from your computer, rather than programs being automatically loaded in sequence from the SD card
At Zen Table
October 20, 2011
There's nothing better to get the conversation started than a cup of single serve coffee, and a large crack in your coffee table. The Grand Canyon Table brings nature a little closer to the conversation, and the contemporary, sleek and very organic brings a modern look to your living room. We really love the see through glass meets wood top.
Via Gizmodiva.com at Trendhunter
October 13, 2011
Cruxflux has a new UMYD (Union Modular y Democratica) coffee table. The UMYD is a flexible, modular coffee table that can be expanded. The table can be used for storage, a footrest and discrete tables all at the same time.
September 23, 2011
The company Crunchy Logistics has a thing for creating gianttouchscreens, and the Padzilla is their newest product, and it allows users to interact with their iPhones and iPads on a completely ridiculous scale.
You mount your iPad or iPhone inside of Padzilla, and then you can pick a 70"+ screen size with rolling display. Anything older than the iPhone 3GS isn't supported, and you can also hook up other consoles or computers to the display as well.
Continue reading: "Padzilla Case Turns Your iPad Into a Giant Touch Coffee Table"