June 5, 2006
If you're looking for a Father's Day gift and have a few siblings to split the cost, we think the combination of a new Grindmaster Brewer at $199.99 and some coffee pods could be the perfect gift. We reviewed the Grindmaster GPOD PrecisionBrew single cup brewing system not too long ago and we really liked it.
The GPOD is easy to use and makes one of the best cups of pod coffee we've had. You can get the brewer at Amazon.com and also pick up some pods for it in time for Father's Day. You can purchase the brewer at Grindmaster GPOD PrecisionBrew Single Cup Coffee Brewing System and we think the Private Reserve DIAMOND 100% Kona Coffee Pods will go quite nicely with the Grindmaster Brewer.
At Grindmaster GPOD PrecisionBrew and 100% Kona Coffee Pods
March 20, 2006
It's been over a year since we last learned of the fabled Grindmaster Consumer PrecisionBrew single serve coffee maker. We had thought back then it would be only a few months before it came out, but like some consumer products, you just have to wait and the product will come out when it wants to not when you'd like it to.
We're pretty excited to say - the wait was worth it. The Grindmaster GPOD PrecisionBrew™ Single Cup Brewing System has a small footprint, easy to use features, and can make a mild or strong cup of single serve coffee using coffee pods with ease. The machine is both attractive and is one of the best mid-ranged priced coffee pod brewers we've tested over the past two years.
Continue reading: "Review: Grindmaster GPOD PrecisionBrew™ Single Cup Brewing System"
Single Serve Coffee brings a focused and influential
audience to brand advertisers. Click
here to find out more about sponsorship
Single Serve Coffee.com posts continue below...
March 8, 2006
We primed and fired up the Grindmaster PrecisionBrew Single Cup Brewing System yesterday and proceeded to sample the various cups of coffee using a variety of coffee pods. This machine will take 7-10 gram coffee pods and so far the coffee produced has been quite good.
We're really impressed with the footprint of the brewer along with the quality you feel right away. Many of the brewers we've tested are just too big for our tastes but this machine is dead on for size. It just feels right.
We're also quite impressed with the controls and the simplicity of making a decent cup of coffee by using the patented Grindmaster PrecisionBrew brew strength control. When we reviewed the earlier commercial Grindmaster brewer we enjoyed these features but we think the simplicity of this machine and adjusting the brew strength is much easier along with the interrupt brewing feature of the new GPOD allows for a variable cup size without the fuss of changing the machine settings.
One of the things we like right away is the light on the brew button. It can turn Green for ready to brew, Aqua flashes for - "Hey I need WATER", Red light for warming up, Purple light for first priming the machine, and Yellow when the coffee pod brew chamber is not closed properly. Good stuff and easy to remember after a couple of attempts at brewing.
The machine also comes preset at 197 degrees F and so far the coffee produced has been piping hot and when tested at this temperature. We're also not getting any plastic taste or other unpleasantries out of the box and with initial brewing. The cup volume is a solid 8-8.5 ounces depending on the size of the pod we've used. The coffee pod will eat up a good ounce of water producing a cup around that size.
We'll have more as we discover the features of the new Grindmaster PrecisionBrew Single Cup Brewing System.
March 2, 2006
We've just received the new Grindmaster GPOD PrecisionBrew™ Single Cup Brewing System from Grindmaster. We're pretty excited to try out this new consumer brewer as we've had such great results with their commercial Grindmaster PrecisionBrew system. We'll be testing this new consumer brewer over the next few weeks and if you'd like our impressions of the commercial brewer you can read our full review.
Grindmaster GPOD Pod Brewer Product Features:
Continue reading: "Grindmaster GPOD PrecisionBrew™ Single Cup Brewing System Arrives for Review"
- Pour over single cup coffee brewing system
- EasyPod accepts a wide variety of pods
- Allows you to choose your favorite coffee or tea
- BrewControl Flavor Selector 4-position adjustable brewer straight control, 3 positions for coffee & 1 for tea
- AccuBrew Brewing Interface- five LED display. A low water alert notifies when it is time to fill the reservoir.
- Stylish high performance design looks great on the counter
- High Performance Design minimal counter design
- Extra large water reservoir-always ready to brew multiple cups anytime
- Electric: 110Volts, 1300Watts, 12Amps, 60Hz
- Water reservoir capacity 38 fl. oz.
- Hot water tank capacity 17 fl. oz.
- Minimum brewing water temperature 195 Degree F.
- Maximum brewing water temperature 200 Degree F.
- Brewing volume 8 fl. oz.
- Dimensions: 12-1/2"H x 6-5/8"W x 10-5/8"D
February 3, 2006
Finally - it's here. Grindmaster has announced their new consumer pod brewer the GPOD. This may be the first consumer single serve coffee maker to be a few letters off from an iPod. We'll be getting one of these to test in the Single Serve Coffee.com test kitchen as soon as we can. In the mean time you can read our review of their Commercial OCS Pod Brewer. We really liked the commercial brewer but often found larger pods would not fit as well as a 10 gram and under coffee pod in the brewer over the past several months.
Grindmaster GPOD Consumer Coffee Pod Brewer Features:
- GPOD PrecisionBrew™ Single Cup Brewing System – A non-proprietary pod-based brewing system combines commercial infusion technology with digitally controlled brew sequencing to ensure a great tasting cup of coffee every time, in less than one minute.
- EasyPod™ Brew Basket – Our exclusive design accepts a wide variety of pods, allowing you to choose your favorite coffee or tea. Plus, the brew basket is dishwasher safe.
- BrewControl™ Flavor Selector – 4-position adjustable brew strength control allows you to easily fine tune the strength of each cup to match your personal preference. It includes three positions for coffee and one position for tea.
- AccuBrew™ Brewing Interface – An easy-to-follow, five-color LED display makes brewing simple. A low-water alert notifies you when it’s time to refill the reservoir.Energy Savings Feature – The unit features an automatic shut-off that is activated after 36 hours of inactivity.
At Review of Grindmaster Commercial Brewer
October 10, 2005
We received the Grindmaster Precision Pod Brewing System in mid-September and you may have been wondering - what have they been doing all that time? Why haven't we had a review sooner? Well, we like to put a machine through it's paces and reviewing machines of this caliber takes some time.
However, you may have noticed we've been mentioning and using the machine in several of the reviews over the past month. Some of the reviews included:
Starbucks Coffee Pod Review:
"We fired up the Grindmaster Pod Brewer we are currently testing. We stuck with a 6 oz setting on the Grindmaster with the darker setting (there's a dial where you can pick the level of coffee intensity you want). The Grindmaster pre-saturates the coffee pod for a better extraction, and then brews up a cup of 6 oz of coffee. We've found the 6 oz size to have the right amount of extraction to water ratio for our tasting habits. We then sampled the coffee with and without cream and sugar.
Continue reading: "Review: Grindmaster OPOD001 Precision Pod Brewing System from Single Serve Coffee"
September 13, 2005
Grindmaster has sent us the Model OPOD001 Single Cup Precision Pod Brewing System to review. We've had coffee from the Grindmaster on our Baronet Coffee visit, however we are anxious to review and test the Grindmaster Single Cup Precision Pod Brewing System ourselves. Stay tuned for a full review in the coming weeks. Please sound off in the comments if you'd like us to test a particular set of pods with the brewer.
January 21, 2005
Well - there's both a single cup version and this version. One looks to be targeted at consumers and the bigger one looks to be targeted to cafes and such. I will see if I can drum up both machines to review in the coming weeks.
- PrecisionBrew - Innovative precision pod brewing and infusion technology provides the ideal cup every time.
- Open Pod System accepts a variety of pod brands and sizes.
- BrewControl - Adjustable brew strength control allows users to fine tune their flavor preferences.
- Smartstop Automatic Water Shutoff-Water shuts off when pod drawer is open.
- Programmable cup size - Control the volume of beverage dispensed into the cup.
- Stylish, high performance design
- Dual water system brewer can be plumbed into a water line or manually filled
- Great for coffee and tea
May 8, 2004
Grindmaster Corporation has a "Consumer Pod Brewer" that looks to be a contender of sorts. It it's not the best looking brewer - but it does take a variety of pods from other machines (or so it says)
"Precision Brewr Single Cup Brewing System - Proprietary pod-based brewing system combines commercial infusion technology with digitally controlled brew sequencing to ensure a great tasting cup of coffee everytime, in less then one minute."Grindmaster Corporation