February 4, 2014
Flavortown has finally come to the world of single serve coffee with the launch of Guy Fieri’s Flavortown Roasts Single Cups. The Flavortown Roasts Single Cups will work in K-Cup Brewers, and from what we’ve read this is a clear indication of the flavorpocolypse. Yes - according to the Huffington Post, and other news sites these flavors represent everything wrong with America. We have to disagree.
Sure there’s a ton of flavored coffees out there, and sure Guy Fieri is over the top, but here in the single serve coffee world we’ve been having cinnamon bunn K-Cups, and Spicy Egg Nog K-Cups for quite some time. Didn’t they take step back and realize that Campbell’s Soup K-Cups are on their way soon too?
We for one welcome our Bananas Foster Guy Fieri Flavortown Roasts Single Cups, and can’t wait to try a few. Indulgent? Yes. Single serve coffee? Yes. For coffee snobs? No. We’ve never really been for coffee snobs.
If you want to try all of the flavors below Amazon.com has a sampler of the entire line of Guy Fieri's Flavortown Roasts Single Cups.
- Bananas Foster - 'Sweet banana, caramelized sugar and cinnamon flavors — brings me back to my days as a flambé captain!'
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding - 'All the flavor from my righteous Caramel Apple Bread Pudding stuffed into your mug.'
- Chocolate Mint - 'The rich and creamy taste of chocolate and cool, fresh mint is perfect any time of year.'
- Guy’s American Diner Blend - 'One thing you know about a diner is that they've got a great cup o' joe ... so here you go!'
- Hazelnut Cinnamon Roll - 'Toasted hazelnut and big cinnamon flavors make this brew dessert in a mug.'
- Hot Fudge Brownie - 'My chocolate on chocolate Hot Fudge Brownie coffee comes to you straight from Flavortown!'
- Redwood Roast - 'Big, bold and strong like the mighty redwoods, this French roast will get your engine started.'
- Unleaded Decaf - 'Full of rich medium roast flavor, just packin' a little less horsepower.'
February 3, 2014
When Keurig’s K-Cup patents expired a while back, we saw all sorts of third-party companies create various forms of K-Cup knock-offs and new formats of Keurig-compatible single serve options hit the market. Some were truly horrendous (freeze-dried coffee crystals in a K-Cup capsule) while others were outstanding (Marley’s Real Cups line-up). One of the first companies that came out with their own take on the K-Cup aftermarket was Brooklyn Bean Roastery back in 2010. Through a combination of proprietary tension-based filters and the familiar K-Cup capsule & lid format, they managed to achieve the look, feel & quality that most K-Cup consumers were already familiar with.
Continue reading: "Brooklyn Beans Cinnamon Subway Single Cups Review"
January 31, 2014
Rogers Family Coffee has produced a pretty compelling video that showcases one of our issues - that throwing away single serve coffee K-Cups and other formats into the trash is not great. The OneCup Single Serving Coffee - 97% Bio-Degradable video spells out all the details on how Rogers Family Coffee made a more recyclable and environmentally friendly single cup of coffee.
One of the best analogies is how tea bags can be environmentally friendly - then why not single cups? Also price is a factor for Rogers Family Coffee, and it's great to see that aspect teased out. Also - the single serve coffee format has always been a way to not throw out a pot of coffee you don't drink, but the solution isn't to add waste by throwing out 100s of K-Cups.
Video is after the jump.
Continue reading: "The OneCup - An Environmentally Friendly Single Serving Coffee"
January 30, 2014
Over the Summer we found Seattle's Best was testing K-Cups at Subway restaurants indicating sometime in the future they would be selling them at retail. The future of Seattle's Best selling K-Cups at supermarkets is now. Seattle's Best Coffee is launching K-cups and instant-coffee packages to be sold in supermarkets, and this means Starbucks is adding even more to it's retail presence and how important single serve coffee is to Starbucks.
Seattle's Best is also launching two new roast blends - House Blend and Breakfast Blend. The packaging from this summer has changed to a red and white design to distinguish it a bit more from other single serve coffee offerings.
The entire line up of Seattle's Best coffee blends include:
- Seattle's Best Breakfast Blend K-Cups
- Seattle's BestSignature Blend 3 K-Cups
- Seattle's BestToasted Hazelnut K-Cups
- Seattle's BestHouse Blend K-Cups
- Seattle's BestVery Vanilla K-Cups
January 29, 2014
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and Keurig brewing technology, today detailed its new K-Carafe capability for its Keurig 2.0 Brewing System, available for sale in Fall 2014. Keurig 2.0 brewers will be the first system to brew both one cup using a single serve pack and a carafe of coffee using the new Keurig K-Carafe pack. We've anxiously been waiting to see if the Keurig 2.0 would be able to use VUE and K-Cup packs, but it looks like being able to meet the needs of a large pot of coffee is what Keurig 2.0 is all about.
Continue reading: "Keurig 2.0 - Home Brewing System to Brew a Single Cup and a Carafe of Coffee Using Keurig Brand Packs"
'Both current Keurig brewer owners and non-owners told us the brewer functionality they wanted most was the ability to brew both a single serving and a pot of coffee from one system with Keurig speed, convenience and brand choice. Our next generation Keurig 2.0 brewers will do just that,' said Brian P. Kelley, President and CEO of GMCR.
The Brooklyn Beans Variety Pack Coffee Single Cup Coffee for Keurig K-Cup Brewers is a 40-count Brooklyn Bean Roastery sampler pack which includes four samples of the following light, medium, and dark-roast blends: Breakfast Blend, Boardwalk Blend, Brooklyn Bridge, Colombian, Cyclone, Donut Shop, Fugheddaboutit and French Roast.
We’ve been sampling various Brooklyn Beans Coffees over the past month or so and can safely say their Donut Shop and Breakfast Blends are two of our favorites. If you haven’t tried any of the Brooklyn Beans Coffee at just $22 bucks this is the way to get into the Brooklyn Beans Coffee game.
Here’s a few reasons why you should check out Brooklyn Beans Coffees for your K-Cup Brewer:
- Highest quality of coffee beans; 100% Arabica coffee beans available in 12 specialty blends. Revolutionary ‘Roast2Cup’ processing for extra freshness and premium flavor. You are guaranteed a fresh-brewed cup every time. Crafted with pride in the USA. Compatible with many popular single-serve coffee machines.
- Brooklyn Beans Roastery is the first independently owned, single-serve coffee company using ‘Roast2Cup’ technology, a process that ensures the best cup of coffee every time you brew. Not your everyday cuppa Joe, see?
- Unwavering Quality Five separate, important quality-control checks are performed with every batch we make:
- Visual inspection – only the best coffee beans make the initial cut. Supervisor-monitored grinding – A little secret: if it’s too coarse, it won’t brew properly; if it’s too fine, the coffee gets bitter.
- Portion quality control – precisely the right amount is packed to ensure the best brew every time.
A special thanks to Brooklyn Beans for sending us a variety of their single cups to try.
January 27, 2014
We never thought we’d see the day where Kraft would be going behind enemy lines and creating their own version of K-Cups using their existing coffee brands which they currently also produce for their own Tassimo system in T-Disc format but that’s exactly what occurred (much to Kraft’s delight, we’re sure) when Keurig’s patents expired several months ago. You can now get anything from Maxwell House to Yuban Single Cups which are all compatible with Keurig K-Cup brewers. It makes us wonder if someday we’ll see Keurig making Green Mountain T-Discs for the Tassimo system should Kraft let their own patent expire. The avalanche of T-Disc knock-offs which would result simply boggles the mind and causes our wallets to feel as if they were designed in Cupertino and just earned the Air moniker as we’re certain they’d suddenly feel a whole lot lighter than before.
Continue reading: "Gevalia Mocha Latte Single Cups for K-Cup Brewers Review"
January 24, 2014
Snapple Diet K-Cups are here in Peached Iced Tea and Lemon Iced Tea varieties. We've been wondering when non-sugared version of these K-Cups would debut, and they're here in the dead of winter. The diet versions do have Aspartame, but the rest is all natural. We'll probably hold off on ordering these until the weather gets above 2 degrees F, but then again stocking up for the Spring and Summer might be in order.
- Diet Peach Iced Tea by Snapple - Perfect peach flavor blended with green and black tea to create Diet Snapple® Peach iced tea. You won’t believe this peach of a tea could have this much taste and still be called diet Ingredients: Black and Green tea leaves and extracts, Citric Acid, Aspartame, Natural Flavor
- Diet Lemon Iced Tea by Snapple - Life handed us lemons, we picked out the best ones and blended their lemon flavor with green and black tea to create delicious Diet Snapple® Lemon iced tea. No autographs, please! Ingredients: Black and Green tea leaves and extracts, Citric Acid, Aspartame, Natural Flavor
January 23, 2014
AB on a trip to Starbucks yesterday found Guatemala Casi Cielo K-Cup Packs. They have returned for the 2014 season, and run $12.99 for a box of 12. Why are we excited about these K-Cups? The words casi cielo mean ‘almost heaven.’, and this coffee is a little cup of heaven in every sip.
This coffee was originally developed to be the ultimate ‘fine-dining’ experience, working with the chefs at Seattle’s legendary Canlis restaurant. The coffee was designed to pair perfectly with a variety of gourmet entrees and desserts – particularly those with savory herbs or cheeses, rich chocolate or berries.
This coffee For years was only available to a few, choice establishments. But the clamor for Guatemala Casi Cielo has been so relentless, and the coffee so good, that eventually it’s been made available for everyone with a K-Cup Brewer to enjoy.
January 21, 2014
Gloria Jeans is a brand that has stuck around and endured the years with Keurig ever since the company first started creating K-Cup brewers and for the longest time, we hadn't seen any new flavors emerge under the brand for just as long. Then a few years ago, we started getting tips from our readers that the brand was releasing new flavors but that they could only be purchased at select retailers. The same holds true today as we check out a flavor that was originally only available at Target stores across USA... Gloria Jeans Caramel Almond Torte K-Cups.
Continue reading: "Gloria Jeans Caramel Almond Torte K-Cups Review"