May 30, 2013
We continue our Brown Gold Real Cup review series today by checking out the 3rd flavor in their line-up... Brown Gold 100% Colombian Real Cups.
Brewing these Real Cups resulted in a pleasing aroma overall, comprised by lightly smoked notes of caramel with very faint hints of spices & raisin hiding underneath. Billed as a medium roast, flavor seemed more balanced overall compared to the previous flavors in the Brown Gold line-up as we noticed some slight sour notes at first which quickly gave way to notes of caramel, molasses, chocolate & more faint notes of spices in the background blended by a touch of smoke on the finish.
Continue reading: "Review: Brown Gold 100% Colombian Real Cups"
May 29, 2013
We continue our Brown Gold Real Cup review series today by checking out the 2nd flavor in their line-up... Brown Gold 100% Peruvian Real Cups.
Brewing these Real Cups resulted in mild smoky notes appearing with subtle notes of chocolate throughout with some faint earthiness in the background. Billed as a medium roast, flavor seemed on the sour side as the first thing you notice is a strong sour bite which seems to linger for a bit, but it eventually gives way to more smoky & chocolaty notes buried underneath.
Continue reading: "Review: Brown Gold 100% Peruvian Real Cups"
May 28, 2013
We couldn't find much info on Brown Gold's website to describe the company's history or beginnings, but the site does go on to mention that the goal of their Single Origin coffees is to allow tasters to experience the pure, untouched and unmodified flavor of the namesake region's coffee beans so that you get an idea of what that particular country/region has to offer since you're getting only coffee from that specific region... it's not blended with anything else. Today we check out the first flavor in Brown Gold's Real Cup line-up... Brown Gold 100% Costa Rican Real Cups.
Brewing these Real Cups resulted in light smoky notes blending with some very mild hints of cocoa & molasses buried underneath. Billed as a medium roast, flavor seemed more like a light roast as it was very mild & light tasting. We detected some light sour citrusy notes of oranges paired with some slight smoky flavors which had chocolate & molasses in the background. Acidity was more on the lighter side of things and was mostly noticed shortly after each sip then quickly dissipated to reveal the main flavors.
Continue reading: "Review: Brown Gold 100% Costa Rican Real Cups"
May 24, 2013
Following the successful 2012 launch of the Company's single-serve coffee offering on the TASSIMO system, Tim Horton's has reached an agreement to introduce premium Tim Hortons coffee on the Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee RealCup platform. Under the terms of the agreement, Tim Hortonspremium-blend coffee and decaf coffee will be sold in Tim Hortons restaurants in Canada and the U.S., and online in a single-serve format.
This market introduction, anticipated in July of this year, will provide access to approximately half of the Canadian market not currently reached by their existing single-serve coffee offering. Tim Horton's K-Cups will work in all Keurig K-Cup Brewers.
May 22, 2013
Snapple has added Snapple Raspberry Iced Tea K-Cups. Each box comes packed with 22 Snapple Raspberry Iced Tea K-Cups. These are Brew Over Ice K-Cups and are 45 Calories Per Serving for Keurig K-Cup Brewers
To brew over ice with a Keurig® brewer, follow these three easy steps:
- Fill a 16-oz. cup (do not use glass) to the top with ice and place a Brew Over Ice K-Cup® pack in your brewer.
- Press the 6-oz. or 8-oz. brew button for optimal flavor.
- Stir and enjoy!
May 16, 2013
Using the UPShot solution, Hawaii Roasters 100% Kona Coffee, Single Serve For Keurig K-Cup Brewers looks delicious and the reviews for the coffee are also very good. The Hawaii Roasters Kona Single Serve Coffee cups will work in any K-Cup Brewers.
- All natural, hand-picked, sun-dried and farm-roasted by our master roasters, as it has been done for generations.
- Founded by a 3rd generation coffee family and featured on the Food & Wine Radio Network and KGO Radio.
- Filter is 100% recyclable and compatible with Keurig and other single serve brewers.
- For just a few cents more per cup than all the mass market brands that use imported coffee, you can buy local, U.S. grown 100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee and support the only coffee farmers in the U.S.
May 13, 2013
We recently received samples of the UpShot Solution - a single serve coffee cup compatible with Keurig K-Cup Brewers that features a recyclable filter, and makes a pretty amazing cup of coffee. The Upshot Solution actually solves the non-eco friendly current offerings in the K-Cup format with a K-Cup that consumers will not be upset about throwing away because it can be recycled.
Designed with smaller roasters in mind who can't get to market with their products due to cost and planet friendly desires on their mind, the UpShot Solution can come in a variety of formats in how the outer "fresh seal" is done. Each Upshot Cup can be individually packaged or can come packaged in a sleeve - etc.
Continue reading: "UpShot Single Serve Coffee Solution for Keurig K-Cup Brewers"
May 9, 2013
We finish off our review series of Club Coffee Single Cup Capsules today with their Club Coffee Venetian Reserve Single Cup Capsules.
Brewing these Single Cup Capsules resulted in mild oily notes with hints of chocolate underneath. We also detected faint woodsy characteristics as well. Not as strong or complex as we were hoping for but better than nothing. Body was very dark brown in color with deep shades of red when held in front of a light source. Acidity had a good balance and hit us with mild sour bite at first which leveled out afterwards.
Billed as a dark roast, flavor was made up mostly of bittersweet dark chocolate with very faint hickory notes in the background & a strong oily taste underneath if we let things sit too long. Mouth feel took on more of an oily feel but wasn't too overbearing. Aftertaste was sharp & slightly bitter at first with predominant notes of dark chocolate throughout and more oily notes on the finish.
Continue reading: "Review: Club Coffee Venetian Reserve Single Cup Capsules"
May 6, 2013
PJ's Coffee is now offering their New Orleans coffee in single cups for Keurig K-Cup Brewers. A rival to Community Coffee, PJ's has a fierce following and we can't wait to compare the two single cups and see who comes out on top. PJ's Carnival Blend will be the first PJ's Coffee single cup available.
May 1, 2013
Cameron's Single Serve Premium Coffee has appeared on the SIngle Serve Coffee radar lately from several reader write ins. Compatible with Keurig, Jaimbria (no idea what this brewer is), Breville BKC700 Cuisinart SS700, and Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG1 K-Cup brewers, the Camer
- Intense French - A blend of our finest Indonesian and Central American beans. Perfectly blended and roasted to a black shiny finish. Compare the quality and taste to any local coffee house offering. But be ready…it is intense!
- Chocolate Caramel Brownie - Our Chocolate Caramel Brownie begins with our high quality Arabica beans and is combined with a classic combination of sweet, creamy caramel draped over rich chocolate brownie.
- Vanilla Hazelnut - Our Vanilla Hazelnut begins with our high quality Arabica beans and is combined with pleasant flavorings of smooth, rich vanilla and zesty hazelnut.
- Donut Shop Blend - A rich, full-bodied, all American gold roast. This classic blend is perfect for anybody that loves a GREAT cup of coffee.
- W&W Breakfast Blend - A perfect blend of Indonesian, Central & South American coffees. These beans are slow roasted to a mild yet rich flavor. This coffee has a smooth taste and superb aroma.
- Velvet Moon - Made especially for the coffee lover. Rich and dark with a smooth finish. A very full bodied coffee.
The price at Wal-Mart is $5.98 for a box of 12 or $7.99 for a box of 12 from Cameron’s web site.