May 6, 2013
PJ's Coffee is now offering their New Orleans coffee in single cups for Keurig K-Cup Brewers. A rival to Community Coffee, PJ's has a fierce following and we can't wait to compare the two single cups and see who comes out on top. PJ's Carnival Blend will be the first PJ's Coffee single cup available.
May 1, 2013
Cameron's Single Serve Premium Coffee has appeared on the SIngle Serve Coffee radar lately from several reader write ins. Compatible with Keurig, Jaimbria (no idea what this brewer is), Breville BKC700 Cuisinart SS700, and Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG1 K-Cup brewers, the Camer
- Intense French - A blend of our finest Indonesian and Central American beans. Perfectly blended and roasted to a black shiny finish. Compare the quality and taste to any local coffee house offering. But be ready…it is intense!
- Chocolate Caramel Brownie - Our Chocolate Caramel Brownie begins with our high quality Arabica beans and is combined with a classic combination of sweet, creamy caramel draped over rich chocolate brownie.
- Vanilla Hazelnut - Our Vanilla Hazelnut begins with our high quality Arabica beans and is combined with pleasant flavorings of smooth, rich vanilla and zesty hazelnut.
- Donut Shop Blend - A rich, full-bodied, all American gold roast. This classic blend is perfect for anybody that loves a GREAT cup of coffee.
- W&W Breakfast Blend - A perfect blend of Indonesian, Central & South American coffees. These beans are slow roasted to a mild yet rich flavor. This coffee has a smooth taste and superb aroma.
- Velvet Moon - Made especially for the coffee lover. Rich and dark with a smooth finish. A very full bodied coffee.
The price at Wal-Mart is $5.98 for a box of 12 or $7.99 for a box of 12 from Cameron’s web site.
April 30, 2013
Over at Peet's Coffee & Tea web site there is a dedicated area to Peet's Coffee and Tea Single Cups. As we noted earlier these single cups are K-Cups in non-licensed clothing.
Peet's Coffee & Tea Single Cups available are:
- Cafe Domingo - Single Cups - This medium-roast blend was crafted from three Latin American coffees for slow sipping and savoring.
- French Roast - Our darkest roast is not for the cautious. But these rich, glistening beans are a favorite of Peet’s roasters.
- House Blend - Single Cups - A perennial customer favorite, this inviting Latin American blend is a perfect introduction to Peet’s coffees.
- House Blend - DECAF Single Cups - The signature Peet’s roast gives our Decaf House more body and complexity than almost any other decaf blend. Learn more »
- Major Dickason's Blend - Conceived by one of the first Peetniks and refined by Mr. Peet, this premier blend is our all-time bestseller.
April 25, 2013
AB has spotted Don Francisco’s K-Cups in their local Shaw’s in Bangor Maine. These K-Cups will work in all K-Cup Brewers.
Coffee blends include:
- Breakfast Blend - A get-up cup with a rich aroma, deep roast, hearty taste and medium-high body.
- French Roast - A deep, dark roasted cup in classic French style. Strong, dark and somewhat tart but always satisfying.
- Vanilla Nut - A mellow coffee with tantalizing aromas of creamy vanilla and freshly roasted nuts.
- Kona - A blend of big island Hawaiian and high-grown Mexican coffee. It is an excellent cup of coffee with floral aroma and rich flavor.
Don Francisco’s K-Cups are priced at $7.99 for a box of 12. If you go to their website you can print off a $2.00 coupon.
April 24, 2013
AB from Maine came across the Distinctively Yours K-cups in Walmart yesterday. The only type they are currently carrying is Colombian. The box contains 44 K-Cups for $19.98. Like so many of the cheaper K-Cup offerings hitting the market, we have never heard of this brand nor could I locate a website. Distinctively Yours K-Cups should work in most K-Cup Brewers.
Have you tried these Walmart brand K-Cups?
Update: This appears to be a Mother Parker's coffee branded for Walmart.
April 23, 2013
Fiber is heart healthy and also good to keep things moving in your daily life. These Salada Fiber Boost Green Tea K-Cups start with premium green tea and with blended in natural lemon flavor for a great taste and natural fiber to help give your body the added boost that it needs.
NOTE: Ingredients: sugar, soluble corn fiber, soluble green tea, natural lemon flavour, tricalcium phosphate, reb a, citric acid. GLUTEN FREE FOOD. contains caffeine.
April 19, 2013
We've received several sets of photos from various readers regarding Peet's K-Cup prototypes. We're not sure if these are Green Mountain approved (we doubt it because we don't see a Keurig seal in any of the photos), but given they are calling them - Peet's Single Cups - we don't think so. We have noticed that on Peet's twitter feed that several people have written in regarding the prototype Peet's Single Cups. They seem to like them.
Roasts included in the prototype box of Peet's Single Cups:
- Major Dickason's Blend
- French Roast
- House Blend
- Decaf House Blend
Update: Peet's Single Cups will be available through Peet's retail stores and Home Delivery starting May 1st.
Continue reading: "Peet's Coffee and Tea Single Serve K-Cups Coming Soon"
April 18, 2013
The Wall Street Journal gives us their take on the success of the K-Cup. With Americans now getting more than 25% of their coffee from K-Cups, it's no wonder Green Mountain Coffee and their associated roasters also continue to grow and dominate the ground coffee market.
But there is a cost - an environmental one. Green Mountain hoped to change this with the VUE system, and it's recyclable VUE cups. It seems now like it may never happen given all the after market K-Cup knock offs adding to the problem of more Americans drinking K-Cup knockoffs along with the real deal.
Total K-Cup brewers are in the 12.5 million range with Green Mountain expecting to make that number 16-17 million K-Cup brewers by the end of 2013. More brewers = more K-Cups sold and that means more coffee market share and more environmental impact. We'd really like to see some solution to the K-Cup in the land fill problem, but with the after market doing their own thing along with no real solution from Green Mountain - we believe we're on a one way streak to throwaway-ville.
April 10, 2013
We just got word that Hamilton Mills is making their own line of K-Cup compatible coffee packs. They call them single serve coffee cups and they'll work with any Keurig K-Cup brewers. We'll try and get a set to review soon.
- Hamilton Mills Cape Cod Roast Single Serve Coffee Cups
- Hamilton Mills Morning Roast Decaf Single Serve Coffee Cups
- Hamilton Mills Mocha Swirl Single Serve Coffee Cups
- Hamilton Mills Toasted Cinnamon Single Serve Coffee Cups
- Hamilton Mills Vanilla Bean Single Serve Coffee Cups
April 3, 2013
AB from Maine came across Gloria Jean's Carmel Almond Torte K-Cups and Snapple Lemon Ice tea K-Cups on a resent visit to Bed Bath & Beyond in Bangor. We're excited by all of the Snapple offerings, and the Caramel Almond Torte also looks pretty darn yummy. These K-Cups will work with all Keurig K-Cup brewers.