March 12, 2014
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. has announced a company name change to Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. The new name is in effect immediately, and the company will retain its ticker symbol of 'GMCR' on the NASDAQ stock exchange. The name better reflects how much of the company has Keurig products in the future of what started as a collaboration and is now a full blown effort. GMCR Canada Holding, Inc., also becomes Keurig Canada Inc. effective immediately.
Given the future of Keurig 2.0, Keurig Single Serve Soda (with Coca Cola on board), the company name change makes sense.
'Our new name better reflects who we are as a Company today and captures our aspirations for the future,' said Brian Kelley, Keurig Green Mountain's President and CEO. 'The name Keurig Green Mountain brings together our two strongest brands, Keurig and Green Mountain Coffee, into one single and powerful corporate identity that symbolizes the strength of our business and the unity of our team, while also recognizing our strong heritage.'
The new visual identity, like the new name, draws from elements of the Company's former corporate visual identity and its Keurig brand identity.
If you want to learn about the new logo (which is basically a K on it’s side) see the video on the Company's newly branded website at www.KeurigGreenMountain.com.
March 11, 2014
Twisted Pine Coffee is now in the single cup business bringing their entire line of coffees to the single serve brewer in your life. Using only the finest sourced beans and artistically roasting each batch to meet their standards, each batch of Twisted Pine Coffee beans is artisan roasted in small batches and delivered fresh. All of the Twisted Pine single cups will in all Keurig K-Cup Brewers. All Twisted Pine Coffee single cups run $8.99 for a box of 12.
- Autumn Sunrise Single Serve - Autumn Sunrise is a sumptuous trio of from Central America(Guatemalan, Costa Rican, Honduran) coffees . Creating a Full-bodied and complex, it offers hints of orange & caramel to round out an extremely bright coffee blend, producing a clean, exceptionally satisfying finish. Autumn Sunrise captures the crisp autumn north woods sunrise in every cup.
- Cafe Allonge French Roast - While crafting our French Roast, we decided that flavor and consistency rather than intensity of roast would be the most important elements in our French Roast coffee. Our French Roast is truly a coffee with a backbone. We begin with the highest-grade Colombian coffee beans and then dark roast them to bring out the sweet creamy Colombian flavors with a rich yet sweet aroma.
- Carmeled Sea Salt - The perfect marriage of Sweet and Savory! This tantalizing flavored coffee combines the sweetness of caramel with the savory goodness of sea salt! Painstakingly roasted with to a perfect medium roast to bring out the cocoa hints in our South American coffee to make the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Roasted to order and will ship fresh to you the same day!
- Donut Shop Blend - Donut Shop Blend is an everyday reliable coffee that you can enjoy each and every day. It has a familiar, bold flavor that will bring back memories of your local donut shop.
- French Vanilla Cappuccino - Start your day or any time with a steamy and creamy French Vanilla Cappuccino treat. Our blend of creamy French Vanilla Cappuccino offers a sweet smooth taste capturing the essence of perfection, like having a personal barista right in your kitchen.
- Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa - You will be hooked after one sip of our rich milk chocolate hot cocoa Our gourmet hot cocoa will satisfy that chocolate craving with each creamy sip. Made with the finest cocoa beans to provide a perfect velvety texture. Relax and enjoy this chocolate treat!
- Titletown Brew - In Titletown USA, excellence is never a sometimes thing - it is an all the time thing! This everyday all around brew will stand the test of time and flavor. Blending Organic Ethiopian carries the hint of blueberry and brandy dark chocolate flavors brought from the Organic Sumatran mixed perfectly to bring a unique experience. Meticulously hand roasted in Titletown USA, this coffee truly lives up to the excellence in its name.
March 10, 2014
We were surprised to see Gevalia introduce frothy drinks for Keurig K-Cup brewers when we checked out their Gevalia Mocha Latte Single Cups recently and we enjoyed the results so much that we decided to try the next flavor in their frothy line-up... Gevalia Cappuccino Single Cups. Once again, the froth is achieved via a 2-step process where you dump froth mix powder into the cup, then brew an espresso Single Cup over the top of it. The blending of both creates a chemical reaction which results in bubbly froth being produced. Stir the final cup once done brewing and you get an impressively thick froth layer on top. Will these cappuccino Single Cups be as good as the Mocha Latte Single Cups turned out to be? Let's find out.
Continue reading: "Gevalia Cappuccino Single Cups for K-Cup Brewers Review"
March 6, 2014
Starbucks made the Tribute Blend last year as a tribute to 40 years of Starbucks, and now it's going to be an annual celebration. Spicy and full bodied with four coffees bringing together this amazing flavor, you can read our review of the Tribute Blend here. We're pretty exited you'll be able to get this coffee each year, and it looks like the recipe for an amazing cup of single serve coffee hasn't changed. We'll raise our cup to 41 years with Starbucks here in 2014, and hope you have the chance to pay tribute as well.
Starbucks Tribute Blend K-Cups will work in any Keurig K-Cup Brewers, and is available now at your local Starbucks and online.
March 4, 2014
In what seems to be a never-ending quest for Keurig to secure just about every major coffee & tea brand on the market, they’ve managed to secure yet another one this year and it’s a big one. We’re talking about the partnership between Keurig and Lipton Teas to produce Liption Tea K-Cups. We heard news that Tetley would release K-Cups around the same time as their T-Disc releases, but that never materialized, so on a rare trip to a local Wal-Mart (we can already hear some Tar-jay fans getting nauseated at the thought) we couldn’t resist to pick-up a box of the only Lipton flavor they had available… Lipton Soothe Smooth Green Tea K-Cups.
Continue reading: "Lipton Soothe Smooth Green Tea K-Cups Review"
March 3, 2014
It’s been a while since we’ve seen any new K-Cups from Starbucks, but they did promise to expand their line-up and this appears to be the case as new flavors have started popping up on store shelves recently. All aimed at promoting the Blonde Roast (Starbucks’ lightest roast level), the newest flavor to appear is what we’re checking out today and it is also billed as thelightest of the blonde roast series: Starbucks Willow Blend K-Cups. You’re probably wondering what’s up with the Willow/Aria Blend review title, but more on that later.
Continue reading: "Starbucks Willow/Aria Blend K-Cups Review"
February 28, 2014
Kauai Coffee is now available in K-Cups. Their single serve coffee cup features an easy-flow filter design, allowing you to enjoy more coffee aroma and richer flavor every time you brew. The design uses less plastic, making it the eco-friendly, smarter choice for the environment.
Kauai Coffee K-Cups will work in all Keurig K-Cup Brewers.
February 26, 2014
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Official Store has CBTL K-Cup packs. Right now they are offering 4 different varieties of Keurig Brewed K-Cups, and they are compatible with Keurig K-Cup Brewing Systems only, thus working in all K-Cup Brewers.
The 4 Varieties include:
- Café '63 Roast K-Cup Packs
- Costa Rica K-Cup Packs
- Toasted Amaretto K-Cup Packs
- Viennese K-Cup Packs
The agreement between Keurig and CBTL was announced mid last year, but it’s taken quite awhile to get these K-Cups into stores and Keurig brewers. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is still selling their CBTL line of espresso and single serve coffee brewers much like Starbucks is selling the Verismo alongside Starbucks K-Cups.
Have you tried The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf K-Cups? What do you think?
February 25, 2014
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., and Luigi Lavazza SpA have announced that they have reached a multi-year agreement Lavazza coffee to K-Cup packs for the Keurig K-Cup brewing systems.
The companies plan to launch Lavazza coffees, Gran Aroma, Classico, Gran Selezione, Perfetto in K-Cup packs for Keurig brewers in the fall of 2014. The new Lavazza K-Cup packs will be marketed as premium products and available at Keurig.com and Lavazza.com as well as at participating specialty, grocery, and away-from-home retailers and operators, throughout the United States. Lavazza K-Cup packs will be available in Canada in 2015.
After a successful if not lackluster launch and reception of the Rivo Espresso brewing system, it appears Lavazza would like to get more of it’s name into the US market. If the K-Cups are popular perhaps this will bring more attention to the Rivo Espresso brewing system.
February 24, 2014
With the recent news that Cinnabon was the ONLY dining choice at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, we figured now was the time to write up a review for the recently introduced Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll K-Cups. We have no idea if any of the Olympic venues or the athlete's village had Keurig single serve brewers installed but we thought it would be interesting to see if our athletes were getting a decent quality coffee at the only dining facility which was open on-site. Will this coffee end up with the gold or go home with a bronze? Lets find out.
Continue reading: "Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll K-Cups Review"