November 19, 2015
I'm still on my trip in Ireland and this morning in Dublin proper. I'm pretty happy with the coffee choice at the Dublin office - a Gemini Nespresso business class single serve espresso maker.
I went with the darker of the roasts, and I am really impressed with the quality of the coffee. Dark and rich results from the small Nespresso disk, and the texture was silky and smooth. The office is also near Trinity College in Dublin making a little stroll out into Dublin and the College possible this morning.
November 16, 2015
Rosso Coffee prides themselves on producing Nespresso compatible capsules with a high premium quality coffee that works in your Nespresso coffee maker. You can also cut out the expensive call centers or shops and get your coffee capsules right away.
Their pods have been engineered to match all Original Line Nespresso machines, including Essenza, Citiz, U, Pixie, Miele, Masteria, Grand Masteria, Le Cube, Latissima Plus and Inissia.
They are 100% full recyclable, and the capsule casings are made from polypropylene at food grade, which is safe for food products and they are 100% fully recyclable. They also offer a generous 60-day return policy just for trying their coffee.
We had the pleasure of trying all the Rosso Coffee capsules over the past month, and we love them. They work great in our Citiz Nespresso maker, and the espresso and lungos produced is rich, interesting, and cheaper then Nespresso capsules. NOTE: Rosso Capsules are not compatible with VertouLine Machines.
At Rosso Coffee Capsules
September 28, 2015
The Nespresso Evoluo Deluxe with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother is exclusively available at Williams Sonoma. The Nespresso's Vertuoline Evoluo Deluxe brews hotter than ever, and features advanced Centrifusion technology which gently and precisely brews your choice of traditional American coffee or classic Italian espresso.
For perfect cappuccinos, lattes and macchiatos, the set includes the Aeroccino Plus, which steams or froths milk at the push of a button.
- Computerized scanning system ensures precision blend-specific brewing for your desired beverage.
- Heat up time is just 15–20 seconds
- Features a 54-oz. water tank and the ability to hold up to 17 capsules.
- Works exclusively with Nespresso's VertuoLine premium capsules
- Includes Aeroccino Plus milk frother, which quickly heats milk for consistently perfect foam.
- Frother has two whisk attachments and an auto shutoff feature.
September 9, 2015
Nespresso has released an intense roast espresso for the VertuoLine of Nespresso coffees. These capsules produce unexpectedly thick and dense coffee with a rich lingering aftertaste. Brown sugar and strongly toasted notes bring a singular signature to this dark roasted coffee made of Guatemalan Robusta and Central and South American Arabicas.
Nespresso VertuoLine Intenso Coffee Capsules are availabe at Nespresso.
July 23, 2015
We just found out about Zebra Coffee - they make crfat coffee Nespresso compatible capsules (thanks to JRav from our Forums - you can read their review here). They’ve got a variety to choose from, and from what we’ve read they’re pretty solid. These will work in all Nespresso Maker but not the VERTUOLINE from Nespresso.
Their Nespresso compatible capsule line up includes:
- Mkali · [moh-kah-lee] · Mkali means bright in Swahili. This light bodied espresso blend features notes of bright, clean lemon zest followed by lightly roasted cocoa and delicate floral notes. A smooth and resonant finish makes this coffee perfect for those looking for a slightly sweeter yet balanced blend.
- Kati · [kah-tee] · Kati means medium in Swahili. This full bodied coffee is fruit forward with a balanced acidity that features notes of baking spices, cocoa and toffee. Medium roasted to perfection highlighting it’s strong aroma with mild flavors.
- Giza · [gee-zuh] · Giza means dark in Swahili. This rich and intense blend features bold notes of baker’s chocolate with mild acidity and a lingering exotic fruit finish. Works great by itself and with milk based beverages.
- Bila · [bee-luh] · Giza literally means without in Swahili. This rich, balanced blend features subtle notes of ripe fruit and caramel leaving a velvety finish. Water processed to remove the caffeine. Enjoy this coffee any time, day or night.
July 15, 2015
You can now buy Nespresso capsules in a Nespresso Variety Pack directly from Amazon. This is big news if you don’t have a Nespresso boutique near you or you don’t want to purchase from Nespresso’s online store only.
Each box contains 10 capsules of each variety, totaling 50 capsules from 5 packs.
- Full and Balanced Roma
- Intense and Creamy Arpeggio
- Rich and Distinctive Capriccio
- Round and Balanced Livanto
- Powerful and Contrasting Ristretto
Compatible with all Nespresso machines and NOT Compatible with VERTUOLINE machines.
June 23, 2015
The SealPod Reusable Fillable Stainless Steel Capsules for Nespresso is a set of 2 reusable Nespresso-compatible capsules made from Stainless Steel. The set also comes with 2 fresh covers, and 2 acrylic espresso scoops, and the capsules allow you to use any coffee you want in your Nespresso espresso and single serve coffee maker.
The unique design will not damage your Nespresso machine, and never touches the bottom blade. The SealPod sticker lids are food-grade, and the environmentally-friendly stainless steel Nespresso capsules will last a lifetime. Simply fill, tamp, seal and brew any coffee of your choosing.
Tested on all the following compatible Nespresso machines: Citiz, Citiz-Milk, Concept, Essenza, Essenza Krups, Gran Maestria, Inissia, Latissima+, Latissima, Le Cube, Maestria, Pixie, U, and Umilk.
June 1, 2015
The Nespresso Citiz Chrome Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother set includes an Aeroccino Plus milk frother allowing for one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth for Cappuccino, Latte and Iced Cappuccino. The Nespresso Citiz design is slim and saves counter space, and the easy insertion and ejection of capsules makes using the machine for shots of espresso and larger cups of coffee a breeze.
Other features include:
- Holds 10 used capsules
- Removable 34-ounce water tank
- For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Compact brewing unit technology
- Fast preheating time: 25 seconds
- 19 Bar high pressure pump
- Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity (Espresso and Lungo)
- Pivoting cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses
At Nespresso Citiz Chrome Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
May 29, 2015
Perú Secreto Pure Origin Limited Edition Coffee Capsule for Nespresso single serve espresso makers is an intense, round and sweet espresso with roasted cocoa notes. If you combine it with a little milk the Peru Secreto will reveal a sweeter more rounded profile with subtle note of banana flambe.
Perú Secreto Pure Origin Limited Edition Coffee Capsule will work in any Nespresso Maker, and will not work with the Vertuoline of Nespresso machines.
April 21, 2015
Gourmesso is a fairly recent player to the Nespresso compatible coffee capsule market. Gourmet recently sent us a wide range of their Nespresso compatible Lungo and Espresso capsules. Most of their coffees are Fair Trade, and we decided to start with the Bolivia Pure Mezzo Gourmesso capsules. Each of their capsules come packed in boxes with 10 capsules with 2 capsules to each pouch. The pouches are not resealable, but we didn’t seem to have a problem pulling a few shots of each and not letting the coffee get stale.
Continue reading: "Gourmesso Bolivia Pura Mezzo Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules Review"
April 15, 2015
To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the innovative VertuoLine system, Nespresso has introduced Caramelizio – the first large-cup coffee addition to the VertuoLine Grands Crus range. Caramelizio joins two of the most popular coffee flavors, Vanilla and Hazelnut, in the Nespresso permanent range of VertuoLine Grands Crus.
The VertuoLine system brews both American style large-cup coffee and authentic espresso. With the launch of Caramelizio, Nespresso rounds out their flavored Grands Crus with another popular coffee flavor – Caramel – allowing American coffee lovers to indulge in a variety of delightfully sophisticated tastes.
Caramelizio is available in the U.S. starting March 2015 at Nespresso Flagship Boutiques (New York, Miami, Boston, San Francisco, Beverly Hills, Dallas, Newport Beach and Tysons Corner), Nespresso Boutique-in-Shop locations, through the Nespresso Club (1.877.964.6299) and at Nespresso. A sleeve of Caramelizio, which includes ten single-serve capsules, sells for $11.00.
November 20, 2014
We've received a large selection of Gourmesso Espresso and Lungo capsules to review. Gourmesso capsules are compatible with all Nespresso machines that use the 1.0 capsule format or OriginalLine Nespresso machines. They also come packaged in a two pack enclosures at 10 capsules per box.
Gourmesso espresso is available from only $0.45 per capsule, while other brands sell their alternative Nespresso capsules around $0.65 or more. Their coffee comes from some of the best regions of the world, and each espresso capsule is made up of beans that have been roasted, ground, measured and packaged with extreme care.
Some great features of Gourmesso include:
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more
- Compatible with all OriginalLine Nespresso®* machines
- Production of high quality coffee beans
- A Nespresso alternative available in 20 different varieties
- Great offers and deals every month!
We've sampled many of the Gourmesso varieties, and so far one of our favorite is the Hazelnut. We'll have a full review soon.
November 13, 2014
We had high hopes and dreams for the Nespresso Variations 2014 flavors. It seems like most things that come to pass the 2014 Nespresso variations are a bit of a mixed bag. Have you tried them? What do you think of them?
- Apple Crumble = Meh... doesn't smell like apple, barely tastes like apple. Major disappointment. Why is it the unlikeliest of flavors are always the ones that fail to deliver? Barely smells or tastes anything apple.
- Chocolate Mint = As expected, best of the bunch. It has a choco-mint aroma and choco-mint taste. This is the one of the bunch that MOST matches its description. Not sure why, but Nespresso seem to excel at making chocolate-flavored coffees.
- Hazelnut Cookie = I only ordered 1 sleeve, just to see what it'd be like. Surprise, surprise, it's identical to the past 3 or 4 hazelnut flavored Variations releases over the past several years. Same old chemical hazelnut flavor.
So there ya have it... I didn't try any of these with cream yet, so who knows if that'll help, but I'm again left disappointed.
October 28, 2014
Bringing KitchenAid’s iconic style to Nespresso is not a design choice we saw coming, but it is a welcome one. The KitchenAid Nespresso machine works only with Nespreso OriginalLine coffee capsules, which allows you to choose from 22 Grand Cru coffees. To the best of our knowledge this is the first licensed Nespresso maker of it’s kind.
- Durable die cast construction
- 19-bar pressure pump
- Stainless steel heating element
- 6 cup calibrations and intuitive LED indicator
- Heats to the ideal brewing temperature in just 25 seconds.
Price is $499 on the KitchenAid site, and the KitchenAid Nespresso Espresso maker is available now.
Via Appliancist at KitchenAid