June 23, 2015
The SealPod Reusable Fillable Stainless Steel Capsules for Nespresso is a set of 2 reusable Nespresso-compatible capsules made from Stainless Steel. The set also comes with 2 fresh covers, and 2 acrylic espresso scoops, and the capsules allow you to use any coffee you want in your Nespresso espresso and single serve coffee maker.
The unique design will not damage your Nespresso machine, and never touches the bottom blade. The SealPod sticker lids are food-grade, and the environmentally-friendly stainless steel Nespresso capsules will last a lifetime. Simply fill, tamp, seal and brew any coffee of your choosing.
Tested on all the following compatible Nespresso machines: Citiz, Citiz-Milk, Concept, Essenza, Essenza Krups, Gran Maestria, Inissia, Latissima+, Latissima, Le Cube, Maestria, Pixie, U, and Umilk.
June 1, 2015
The Nespresso Citiz Chrome Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother set includes an Aeroccino Plus milk frother allowing for one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth for Cappuccino, Latte and Iced Cappuccino. The Nespresso Citiz design is slim and saves counter space, and the easy insertion and ejection of capsules makes using the machine for shots of espresso and larger cups of coffee a breeze.
Other features include:
- Holds 10 used capsules
- Removable 34-ounce water tank
- For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Compact brewing unit technology
- Fast preheating time: 25 seconds
- 19 Bar high pressure pump
- Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity (Espresso and Lungo)
- Pivoting cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses
At Nespresso Citiz Chrome Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
May 29, 2015
Perú Secreto Pure Origin Limited Edition Coffee Capsule for Nespresso single serve espresso makers is an intense, round and sweet espresso with roasted cocoa notes. If you combine it with a little milk the Peru Secreto will reveal a sweeter more rounded profile with subtle note of banana flambe.
Perú Secreto Pure Origin Limited Edition Coffee Capsule will work in any Nespresso Maker, and will not work with the Vertuoline of Nespresso machines.
April 21, 2015
Gourmesso is a fairly recent player to the Nespresso compatible coffee capsule market. Gourmet recently sent us a wide range of their Nespresso compatible Lungo and Espresso capsules. Most of their coffees are Fair Trade, and we decided to start with the Bolivia Pure Mezzo Gourmesso capsules. Each of their capsules come packed in boxes with 10 capsules with 2 capsules to each pouch. The pouches are not resealable, but we didn’t seem to have a problem pulling a few shots of each and not letting the coffee get stale.
Continue reading: "Gourmesso Bolivia Pura Mezzo Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules Review"
April 15, 2015
To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the innovative VertuoLine system, Nespresso has introduced Caramelizio – the first large-cup coffee addition to the VertuoLine Grands Crus range. Caramelizio joins two of the most popular coffee flavors, Vanilla and Hazelnut, in the Nespresso permanent range of VertuoLine Grands Crus.
The VertuoLine system brews both American style large-cup coffee and authentic espresso. With the launch of Caramelizio, Nespresso rounds out their flavored Grands Crus with another popular coffee flavor – Caramel – allowing American coffee lovers to indulge in a variety of delightfully sophisticated tastes.
Caramelizio is available in the U.S. starting March 2015 at Nespresso Flagship Boutiques (New York, Miami, Boston, San Francisco, Beverly Hills, Dallas, Newport Beach and Tysons Corner), Nespresso Boutique-in-Shop locations, through the Nespresso Club (1.877.964.6299) and at Nespresso. A sleeve of Caramelizio, which includes ten single-serve capsules, sells for $11.00.
November 20, 2014
We've received a large selection of Gourmesso Espresso and Lungo capsules to review. Gourmesso capsules are compatible with all Nespresso machines that use the 1.0 capsule format or OriginalLine Nespresso machines. They also come packaged in a two pack enclosures at 10 capsules per box.
Gourmesso espresso is available from only $0.45 per capsule, while other brands sell their alternative Nespresso capsules around $0.65 or more. Their coffee comes from some of the best regions of the world, and each espresso capsule is made up of beans that have been roasted, ground, measured and packaged with extreme care.
Some great features of Gourmesso include:
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more
- Compatible with all OriginalLine Nespresso®* machines
- Production of high quality coffee beans
- A Nespresso alternative available in 20 different varieties
- Great offers and deals every month!
We've sampled many of the Gourmesso varieties, and so far one of our favorite is the Hazelnut. We'll have a full review soon.
November 13, 2014
We had high hopes and dreams for the Nespresso Variations 2014 flavors. It seems like most things that come to pass the 2014 Nespresso variations are a bit of a mixed bag. Have you tried them? What do you think of them?
- Apple Crumble = Meh... doesn't smell like apple, barely tastes like apple. Major disappointment. Why is it the unlikeliest of flavors are always the ones that fail to deliver? Barely smells or tastes anything apple.
- Chocolate Mint = As expected, best of the bunch. It has a choco-mint aroma and choco-mint taste. This is the one of the bunch that MOST matches its description. Not sure why, but Nespresso seem to excel at making chocolate-flavored coffees.
- Hazelnut Cookie = I only ordered 1 sleeve, just to see what it'd be like. Surprise, surprise, it's identical to the past 3 or 4 hazelnut flavored Variations releases over the past several years. Same old chemical hazelnut flavor.
So there ya have it... I didn't try any of these with cream yet, so who knows if that'll help, but I'm again left disappointed.
October 28, 2014
Bringing KitchenAid’s iconic style to Nespresso is not a design choice we saw coming, but it is a welcome one. The KitchenAid Nespresso machine works only with Nespreso OriginalLine coffee capsules, which allows you to choose from 22 Grand Cru coffees. To the best of our knowledge this is the first licensed Nespresso maker of it’s kind.
- Durable die cast construction
- 19-bar pressure pump
- Stainless steel heating element
- 6 cup calibrations and intuitive LED indicator
- Heats to the ideal brewing temperature in just 25 seconds.
Price is $499 on the KitchenAid site, and the KitchenAid Nespresso Espresso maker is available now.
Via Appliancist at KitchenAid
October 27, 2014
Nespresso is at it again with a Special Reserve Maragogype Grand Cru for 2014. Following the success of Hawaii Kona Special Reserve 2012, Nespresso coffee experts have created a Special Reserve Maragogype Grand Cru 2014, composed of extremely rare and immensely precious coffee variety with uncommonly large coffee beans from Central and South America.
‘With Maragogype we have proudly outdone ourselves again,’ said Karsten Ranitzsch, Head of Coffee Nestlé Nespresso SA. ‘Thanks to our longstanding relationships with coffee smallholders, we could source the best Maragogype beans from four distinct origins. We have carefully blended and roasted them to highlight the specificities of their terroir. Due to the scarcity of these precious beans we can only produce a very limited amount, but it is our a privilege to offer this unique sensory experience to connoisseur Club Members who enjoy trying new and rare varieties.’
The Maragogype derives its name from a town in Brazil of the same name where the plant was first discovered in the late 19th century. The unusually large coffee plant, often twice the size of regular coffee plants, has the largest known coffee beans in the world.
Continue reading: "Special Reserve Nespresso Maragogype Grand Cru 2014"
September 24, 2014
If you’re looking for a Nespresso capsule alternative you may want to check out Mixpresso. Made in Italy, Mixpresso offers 4 different espresso capsule options and they also have their own single serve espresso machines:
- Ricco, made from 100% full drums Robusta. A powerful & contrasting rich flavor that's a perfectly smooth experience on the tongue. A cup of this full-bodied roaster is simply perfect to suit the expectations of true lovers of quality traditional Italian Espresso.
- Luce- best defined as an angelic light and easy speciality decaf. It's our classic lively yet gentle flavor on the menu. Luce offers a snappy crisp and citrus body from the Central American coffee bean matched with a complete depth and sweetness of an Ethiopian classic.
- Classe is Mixpresso's Superior Blend. A Perfect harmony of aromatic coffee from the Arabica species, similar to that of the Lungo but blended with an excellent natural, rustic coffee from the Robusta species. A creamy, full bodied and easy to work coffee blend with a complex yet persistent taste.
- Lungo, is the line for coffee purists, obtained by five selected components of 100% Arabica species of coffee from Central & South America and East Africa. Its intense toasted aroma is accompanied by a combination of slightly fruity flavors in which you can percieve gentle notes of Myrtle.
They have 3 different machines with the main difference being color. There’s Logan, Isabelle, and Steve. We’re pretty sure these machines are Nespresso capsule compatible as well.
September 11, 2014
Cubania - Limited Edition Nespresso Coffee is out, and it’s intense. Inspired by the passion and warmth of the Cuban way of life, Nespresso has created a bold blend of Arabicas with a specially prepared Indian Robusta steam treated to obtain a dense texture and powerful bouquet with complex aromatics and inimitable strength of character. There’s no overwhelming bitterness to this coffee despite being so bold, and it ranks a whopping 13 on the Nespresso intensity scale.
Though Cubanía is inspired by Cuban lifestyle but is not made with Cuban coffee. You do need to pour a bit of sugar into the cup to get the flavor just right, and there’s even sugar packets to go along with the coffee. SH ordered some and says it’s pretty good stuff. What do you think?
September 2, 2014
Nespresso users have had very few ways to use their own coffee to make Nespresso compatible capsules. Bluecup is going to change all that if it’s funded on Kickstarter.
Creating Bluecup capsules is very easy to do.
- Simply put a capsule filled with good and favorite fresh espresso ground into the creator.
- Then place on top of it a foil, close and twist the creator, and it's all set.
- It’s even faster than warming up the Nespresso machine.
Funding so far is going well, and it’s one of the more exciting Nespresso accessories we’ve seen in awhile. Video after the jump.
Continue reading: "Bluecup - Make Your Own Nespresso Compatible Capsules"
August 19, 2014
Voting to pick the Nespresso Variations Flavors for 2014 is going on right now at a mini-site Nespresso has set up. Only the top 3 out of 5 flavors will make it to our cups this Fall, so make sure you go and vote.
- Hazelnut Cookie
- Apple Crumble
- Berry Cupcake
- Lemon Pie
- Chocolate Mint
All of these flavors are inspired from desserts that we all know and love. We’d love to try Lemon Pie, and also Apple Crumble. The other flavors have all been done by others in the single serve coffee community. We do have to say Berry Cupcake could be an interesting chocolate meets berry twist.
Go vote now.
August 11, 2014
We’ve been working our way through Nespresso’s VertuoLine capsule line-up for the past several weeks and while we tried to find meaning behind the capsule names, we just kept thinking in the back of our minds that they were named after would-be Italian X-Men characters. From the strongest espresso in the line-up (Diavolitto) to the strongest coffee in the line-up (Stormio), the names seem to invoke a sense of darkness & intrigue. Whatever the inspiration for the naming may be, we decided to forge ahead with today’s review of Nespresso's VertuoLine Stormio Capsules. Would the strongest coffee be as strong as the strongest espresso on the VertuoLine system? Let’s find out.
Continue reading: "Nespresso VertuoLine Stormio Capsules Review"