April 11, 2014
The Nespresso Vertuo is here, so check out this amazing shot below of the box of Vertuo capsules. If there's one thing that Nespresso does right besides amazing espresso and single serve coffee is design.
Features of the Vertuoline from Nespresso include:
- The Nespresso VertuoLine brews both genuine drip-style coffee and espresso.
- Innovative dual-capsule design brews great-tasting crema-enhanced drip coffee or rich espresso-a first for a one-touch capsule machine.
- Centrifusion technology scans each capsule and automatically adjusts brewing for a revolutionary one-button experience.
- Capsules insert easily and automatically eject into a container that holds 13-20 used capsules.
- Incredibly fast, 15- to 20-second heat-up ensures that delicious coffee is just one button push away.
- Automatic shutoff after nine minutes of inactivity. Enjoy two pre-set cup sizes-coffee (7.77 oz.) and espresso (1.35 oz)-or customize brewing between 0.3 oz and 17 oz.
- High-capacity water tank allows you to brew more without refilling.
At Nespresso Vertuo
April 10, 2014
If you've been searching for a quality latte, espresso and cappuccino maker, you couldn't get any better than the De'Longhi's Lattissima Pro. This amazing machine comes with tons of features packed into a sturdy design that has very little plastic to it. With a stainless steel frame and the ability to make custom or automatic drinks with the press of a button, you'll be under the impression that you're drinking a barista made drink every time.
Continue reading: "Nespresso Lattissima Pro from De'Longhi - One-touch Cappuccino and Latte Review"
March 18, 2014
Nespresso has two new limited edition coffees this year instead of just one. Both of the limited edition 2014 Nespresso coffees are from different growing regions or 'terroirs' in Colombia. Cauca (intensity 6) and Santander (intensity 7) are available now for ordering and will work in all Nespresso espresso machines.
- Cauca is a coffee with fruity-winey and ripe fruit notes, complex and aromatic, juicy with fine acidity.
- Santander is a coffee with hints of toasted bread and caramel notes, balanced and round.
We're thinking Santander is more in tune with our coffee palette, but for those of you who like a rich intense juicy cup of coffee than Cauca is for you.
February 20, 2014
Nestle and Nespresso are stepping up in size from espresso to single serve coffee with the VertuoLine Single Serve Coffee Maker. Trying to win more customers in the US is Nespresso's aim, and the $299 machine will produce eight types of 8-ounce servings and four espresso blends. The VertuoLine will be sold in the U.S. and Canada at Nespresso boutiques, online and at retailers including Macy's Inc, Bloomingdale's and Williams-Sonoma Inc.
The new machine, which uses a different capsule, and won't be compatible with older Nespresso machines. We're not sure if the machine will be compatible with the existing set of Nespresso capsules.
Nespresso represents about 25 percent of Nestle's coffee sales and 4 percent of its 92.4 billion francs in total revenue. So why do this right now? Besides the single serve coffee market growing in size year over year, Nespresso has sought to expand Nespresso outside Europe, where it faces an ever-increasing number of copycat capsules from rivals like Mondelez International Inc. This is much the same competition that Green Mountain faces with the after market and unlicensed K-Cups.
Will you be getting a Vertuo Nespresso brewer? We're pretty interested given how much we like their espresso. No exact date on the debut, but we expect it to go head to head with Keurig 2.0 this Fall.
November 7, 2013
Oh New York with your amazing streets and buildings we love you so. We also love Brooklyn that fair city across the river. Now we can love Brooklyn a little more with the HiLine Coffee Company making premium Nespresso Capsules that will work in your Nespresso machine. Their variety of Nespresso compatible coffee capsules are 100% compatible, and will work in your Nespresso Citiz, Essenza, Lattissima, Maestria, U, Le Cube and Pixie.
There's also no adaptor or anything extra to do to enjoy the HiLine Coffee Nespresso Capsules alternatives. To enjoy their great tasting coffee simply insert the HiLine coffee capsule into your Nespresso machine just as you normally would with a Nespresso capsule. HiLine Coffee Capsules are also priced at $.50 versus the $.65 Nespresso charges you for their capsules.
Continue reading: "HiLine Coffee Premium Nespresso Capsules Alternative"
October 10, 2013
Dharkan Coffee Capsule from Nespresso is available now and will work in any Nespresso machine. The Dharkan Coffee Capsule is the new grand cru from Nespresso (not to be confused with Tarkan, the Turkish singer).
The powerful personality of the grand cru Dharkan (intensity 11 on a scale of 10) reveals intense roasted notes as well as touches of toasted cereal & bitter cocoa expressing itself in a velvety & silky texture. To be consumed in espresso or ristretto format for the more Italians among us or for those of us that love a dark rich cup of single serve espresso or coffee.
Dharkan has been accompanied by another grand cru which we talked about a few months ago... With an intensity of 12 out of 10, Kazaar makes its big return. Insomniacs & sleep walkers, go your own way as this grand cru will keep you up all night.
August 13, 2013
Over in the forums there's talk of Caffe Vergnano Espresso For Nespresso by an outside company from Italy that makes these Nespresso compatible capsules. Bed Bath and Beyond is selling them, and they're priced at about $.50 each. Not bad, but not inexpensive by any means. Reviews are mixed and we're not sure if we'll even bother reviewing them.
Espresso 1882 Capsules are compatible for use with Nespresso coffee machines and feature biodegradable plastic to encapsulate five rich and flavorful coffee blends. Capsules are not compostable and should be treated as non-recyclable waste. So that means - we think they break down better in your landfill of choice. Doh.
July 10, 2013
Nespresso has added Nespresso variations Vanilo, Caramelito, Ciocattino to it's permanent line of coffees available all year round. We assume Nespresso will still have seasonal coffees that are flavored, but it's nice to see Nespresso respond to it's single serve coffee drinkers requests to have flavored coffees available for purchase all the time.
Via Ultimate Coffee Creations
April 4, 2013
Single Serve Espresso has word that Nespresso will be launching limited edition Napoli and Trieste coffee capsules sometime in this middle of this April 2013.
- The Napoli capsules is a blend of South American, African and Asian beans that have a dark, complex and STRONG flavor with a bit of a Robusta finish. The capsule sis said to be an 11 on a 10 scale, much like the fabled Kazaar all Robusta blended capsule. With the Napoli, Nespresso is pushing a 'Black Gold' concentrated coffee concept of taking the espresso as a Ristretto, (25ml) or an even shorter 15ml. We'll have to see.
- The Trieste is a bit less intense, but not by much. The Trieste capsules will be 100% Brazilian and African Arabica beans with a nutty and chocolatey flavor coming in at a 9 on the 10 intensity scale.
There's a launch site of course and it's really well designed.
February 6, 2013
Nespresso has announced Linizio Lungo Coffee Capsules. These are made from Pure Arabica from South America. The Linizio Lungo is a well-rounded blend made of Brazilian and Colombian coffee. The tasting notes are: 'Malted cereal notes on a sweet base in reminding of sugar cane.'" It's nice to see Nespresso adding more varieties of coffee that will be available on an ongoing basis. The Linizio Lungo Coffee Capsules will work in any Nespresso brewer.