July 18, 2017
We finish off our review series of Target’s limited edition single serve coffee flavors today by checking out their Archer Farms Pecan Pie RealCups. While not as inspired as their 2 previous limited edition flavors, Archer Farms are facing more competition with this flavor as just about every major coffee company on the market has come out with their own version of a southern pecan or pecan pie coffee in the past. How does this version hold up compared to those versions? Let’s find out.
Upon brewing, we get a nicely complex mix of aromas that kick off with strong notes of pecans up front blended with scents of caramelized brown sugar, hints of cinnamon and a faint butterscotch tinge hiding in the background which becomes a bit more pronounced as the coffee cools off in the cup. It made for an overall sweet & inviting aroma. Pretty spot-on so far. Flavor yielded more strong notes of pecans in the foreground mixed with some buttery notes in the background.
Continue reading: "Archer Farms Pecan Pie RealCups Review"
April 14, 2017
We continue our look at Target’s latest limited edition single serve flavors today with their Archer Farms Hot Buttered Rum RealCups. More common around the holidays, hot buttered rum isn’t a flavor we were expecting to see in a single serve coffee format. Sure, companies such as Marley Coffee have come out with rum-flavored RealCups before, but this is a slightly different take on that and is more in the vein of a dessert-style drink if the packaging is anything to be believed.
Upon brewing, we get a strong aroma of sweet rum which quickly fills the room. As a matter of fact, the smell is so strong that you even get a whiff of it as soon as you pierce the RealCup in the machine. The aroma was more reminiscent of those old foil-wrapped buttered rum candies your grandparents always seemed to have lying around in their candy dish no matter what time of year you’d visit vs. the traditional liquor-based drink you see pictured on the packaging. It has a much more pleasant candied scent than Marley Coffee’s Spiced Root version.
Continue reading: "Archer Farms Hot Buttered Rum RealCups Review"
September 6, 2016
SH has just found some Maple One Cups:
From SH: Just noticed the following new President's Choice item at my local Atlantic Superstore last night. Really wish they'd switch to RealCup format though... foil bags of One Cups pain in the neck to keep fresh for more than a week or 2 once the bag is opened.
Also, despite the mug image on packaging, this is NOT an 'all-in-one' One Cup... there aren't any creamer or sweetener ingredients here.
Billed as a 'mellow blend of Colombian & Kenyan coffees with a subtly sweet maple flavor', I found the maple aroma to definitely be present during brewing, but unfortunately, there's barely any maple flavor in the coffee itself. Adding creamer as hinted on the packaging did not bring forward any further maple notes. Timothy's Sugar Bush Maple K-Cups are more spot-on in my opinion.
These pods will work in K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0, but the biggest breakthrough is that these are the first BPI-certified 100% compostable pods on the market. The lid is made of a thick coated paper and I can only guess that the ring is made of starch-based plastics? Just the same, this is the first time I've see a true 'brew it & chuck it' pod where you throw the whole thing into a compost bin. That likely explains why they didn't go with RealCups.
August 22, 2016
On a recent trip to Wal-Mart in Bangor Maine AB came across Torani single serve coffee cups. The company that is known for their syrups has now entered the single serve coffee market. They are compatible with the K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0 and run $9.98 for a box of 18.
- BREAKFAST BLEND Brighten your day with Torani's smooth and delicious Breakfast Blend. Expertly blended and lightly roasted to release fragrant aromatics and fresh citrus notes for a perfectly balanced morning cup.
- COCONUT MACAROON Our house blend coffee is layered with flavors of the delightful cookie treat, with just the right amount of coconut and toasted cookie flavors.
- FRENCH VANILLA A rich treat, this coffee features the decadent creamy custard notes of the best French Vanilla ice cream for a taste that can't be beat.
- ITALIAN ROAST The inspiration for this dark roasted coffee comes straight from Torani's Italian roots. One sip will reveal hints of toasted nut and dark chocolate underlying its full-bodied sweetness
- SALTED CARAMEL The richness of buttery caramel flavor is brought to new heights with a pinch of salt in this delectable coffee that creates moments to savor.
- TOASTED HAZELNUT This smooth coffee features the rich flavor of toasted hazelnuts that will delight your senses.
At Torani Single Serve Coffee Cups
August 8, 2016
AB on a recent trip to Bed Bath & Beyond in Bangor came across Study Fuel Medium Roast Coffee. Study Fuel Coffee has 2X Caffeine to help you stay awake. Normal Coffee = 85 mg Caffeine but Study Fuel Coffee = 170mg Caffeine. They run $24.99 for a box of 42.
The Study Fuel Single serve cups are compatible with K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0.
Via Study Fuel Coffee
June 8, 2016
AB on a resent trip to Shaw’s in Bangor Maine came across Panera Bread Salted Caramel Single Serve Cup. These single serve cups produce a lightly roasted and naturally flavored cup of coffee with the sweet taste of creamy caramel and a light touch of saltiness.
Panera Bread Salted Caramel Single Serve Cup run $7.99 for a box of 12 and will work in K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0.
April 13, 2016
Caza Trail Coffee Dark Roast Single Serve Cups are made from a blend of select coffees from Latin America, Africa and Indonesia. These single cups produce a full-bodied coffee with a hearty punch but mild acidity for a smooth finish. These single cups are Kosher certified, and will work in K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0.
January 28, 2016
Though Donald Trump is currently running for President, owns a ton of property, and has an alien living on the top of his head, he still has time to create his own line of K-Cups. Trump select single cups are a range of coffee blends that actually look pretty good. Trump select single cups will work in K-Cup Brewers.
- Tower - Gentle aromas and crisp notes elevate this light roast high above the competition.
- Tower Decaf - Gentle aromas and crisp notes elevate this light roast high above the competition.
- Clubhouse - The silky flavors of our 100 % Arabica beans effortlessly oscillate between classic smoothness and a robust taste, delivering a well- balanced medium roast. This modern twist on a classic favorite is a breath of fresh air.
- Skyscraper - The height of coffee roasting perfection is delivered in every sip of this bold and sophisticated roast. The rich and powerful flavors of dark roasted Arabica beans are sure to awaken your spirit and motivate you throughout the day.
- Resort Savor - the decadence of the French Riviera with this luscious blend of vanilla beans and lightly roasted Arabica coffee beans. The aroma pared with these luxurious flavors will immediately calm and relax your senses.
January 21, 2016
West Rock Coffee has released a set of single serve cups you can use with your Keurig brewer. It’s a nice range of coffee blends and the Meza morning blend interests us most. These were found by AB in Maine at a local Hannaford’s grocery store, and are also available at West Rock Coffee’s web site and Amazon.com.
- East African Blend – Westrock Coffee is proud to include “East African” in our family of coffees. Our passion for coffee began in Rwanda in East Africa, so it seems right to offer you a blend of coffees from this special coffee-producing region. We have chosen a mix of coffees that, together, gives you a memorable and enjoyable cup of coffee.
- Meza Morning Blend – A unique combination of flavors that revitalize the senses. Once brewed, the initial subtle notes of fresh clove found in the dry fragrance slowly develop into a bold nutty aroma. This exceptional mix of invigorating taste is captured as the hints of vanilla mingle with the strong flavor of brown sugar.
- Rwanda Select Reserve – Dark Roast captures the most desirable attributes of Rwandan coffee. With a full-bodied, long-lasting cup, it boasts the rich flavor of smoky cedar with hints of black currant. From the dry fragrance of crisp apple to the wet aroma of light lemon, the coffee is sure to delight the senses of the adventurous palate.
Westrock Coffee Company single serve cups will work in Keurig K-Cup brewers.
January 12, 2016
Congo Kivu Single-Serve Cups come in a variety of coffee roasts including:
- Tart Apple
- Cherry, Chocolate
- Spice Cake Coffee
Congo Kivu Single-Serve Cups are roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster to protect the environment, and come packed in a 72-count box of Fresh Roasted Coffee single serve cups. Congo Kivu Single-Serve Cups will work in K-Cup Brewers and Keurig 2.0.
January 11, 2016
Teas Tea Green Tea Plus Matcha Single Cups is blended using matcha and premium loose tea leaves to make a bold, rich taste with a delicate finish. Matcha and green tea in general is a great source of naturally occurring catechin tea antioxidants. These single cups feature a compostable filter and recyclable lid and cup.
Teas Tea Green Tea Plus Matcha Single Cups will work in K-Cup Brewers BUT NOT Keurig 2.0 brewers.
December 16, 2015
Town Donut Shop Single Cups from Benton Roasters consist of Central and South American Beans for that produce a rich medium roast coffee. They come packed in a large 96 count box to save on the packaging. We’ve enjoyed many of their roasts over the years and this one is one of our house favorites.
Town Donut Shop Single Cups from Beantown Roasters will work in K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0.
December 15, 2015
Tea4k Black Tea Single Serve Cups are made from selective pure & natural grown Camellia Sinensis tea leaves, and produce delightful and rich flavored tea to start your day. Can be served according to your preference: sweetened or unsweetened, milk or without milk, hot or cold. The tea produced is high in antioxidants.
Tea4k Black Tea Single Serve Cups will work in K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0.
December 14, 2015
On a recent trip to Wal-Mart in Bangor Maine AB came across some unique holiday offers. Wal-Mart is now carrying for the holidays the following hot cocoa in single cup formats based on candy classics:
- Tootsie Roll
- Junior Mints
- Sugar Babies
- Charleston Chew
They run $5.98 for a box of 12. These single cups will work in K-Cup Brewers but not Keurig 2.0. You can also read our review from last year to get our impressions of two of the varieties.