December 9, 2014
It's been an interesting year for the entire single serve coffee industry, and especially with the introduction of the Keurig 2.0. The problem has been with the Keurig 2.0 - it only brews compatible Keurig 2.0 Keurig brewed K-Cups. If you have an older K-Cup brewer you're in luck, but what if that older brewer has stopped working and you don't want a Keurig 2.0 with the DRM to lock you in to only what Keurig Green Mountain has to offer in K-Cups? We think you're going to be just fine with the iCoffee Opus K-Compatible single serve coffee brewer.
Continue reading: "iCoffee Opus Single Serve K-Compatible Cup Brewer Review"
December 3, 2014
The Keurig 2.0 K350 Brewing System utilizes both licensed K-Cup packs, VUE packs, and the larger K-Carafe packs. The K350 Includes the Keurig Carafe, 6 K-Cup Packs, 4 K-Carafe Packs, and a Water Filter Handle and Cartridge. You can brew coffee, teas, and other hot beverages using the Keurig 2.0 brewing system.
This brewer also features a touch display and 60 oz reservoir. You may also want to check out other Keurig 2.0 Brewers like the Keurig 2.0 450, Keurig 2.0 550, or the Keurig 2.0 560 brewing bundle. Given the price of the Keurig 2.0 350 this is a great way to get into the larger brewing packs and also update your existing brewer. This brewer will only brew licensed K-Cup and other brewing packs.
November 18, 2014
The Philips SENSEO Up coffee maker isn’t available in the US any longer, but world wide it’s still a phenomenon. The Philips Up uses more of recycled plastics than probably any other coffee machine on the market today, and keeps environment healthy by using compostable coffee pods.
The SENSEO Up features include:
- Strength Select - Choose between Strong Short and Mild Long coffee
- One cup is brewed in just 30 seconds.
- Direct Start button - turn it on and brew the coffee at one touch.
- SENSEO coffee machine switches off automatically right after brewing to save electricity.
- SENSEO Up+ coffee maker with memory function - Program the coffee maker to brew the exact amount of coffee you prefer and adjust the coffee quantity up to 145 ml.
Via Appliancist at Philips SENSEO Up
November 5, 2014
The Arist Café is a smart single cup coffee maker that uses an app on your Android or iOS device. The smart coffee maker connects to your phone via Wi-Fi networks, and you control the Arist with the an app. This type of single serve coffee maker that makes one cup of coffee using whole bean to ground seems to be a trend. We’ve seen at least 4 of these machines making their rounds on various funding sites and this one is already funded.
- REMEMBERS YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES - Just like your friendly neighborhood barista, Arist remembers your tastes, and makes sure you get the best cup of coffee.
- FINE-TUNE YOUR DRINKS - You can adjust the finer points of your daily cup with a simple swipe of your finger. A little more? A little less? You can tweak at will.
- RECOMMAND DRINKS FOR YOU - Like any good barista, it recalls your preferences and your particular drinking habits and can make tailored recommendations."
You canThe Arist Coffee Machine is available for pre-order for $299 via the Arist Café web site, and they have a campaign on Kickstarter. Video after the jump...
Continue reading: "Arist Café Smart Single Cup Coffee Maker"
October 28, 2014
Bringing KitchenAid’s iconic style to Nespresso is not a design choice we saw coming, but it is a welcome one. The KitchenAid Nespresso machine works only with Nespreso OriginalLine coffee capsules, which allows you to choose from 22 Grand Cru coffees. To the best of our knowledge this is the first licensed Nespresso maker of it’s kind.
- Durable die cast construction
- 19-bar pressure pump
- Stainless steel heating element
- 6 cup calibrations and intuitive LED indicator
- Heats to the ideal brewing temperature in just 25 seconds.
Price is $499 on the KitchenAid site, and the KitchenAid Nespresso Espresso maker is available now.
Via Appliancist at KitchenAid
October 22, 2014
The TRU Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Machine is an alternative single serve coffee maker for those of you who may want to spend less to just brew K-Cups. It features a patented Cup-Injection design, and has a stainless steel boiler heating system. the TRU single serve K-Cup coffee machine also will Auto Shut-Off after 30 Minutes, and features a rather large given the footprint of the machine removable 1 Liter water tank with removable drip tray.
The TRU Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Machine will brew only K-Cups, and not K-Carafe or Vue packs.
October 15, 2014
Are you thinking about getting a Keurig 2.0 single serve coffee maker? If so we have a comprehensive set of reviews to give you all the details you need to make your decision to enter the world of Keurig 2.0 or stay put with your 1.0 Keurig brewer.
Do you currently own a Keurig 2.0 brewer? Our reviews provide an overview of the various features like K-Carafe packs and the larger brewing options, along with navigating the various menus. The reviews / guides below are very helpful for new owners of Keurig 2.0, and you may be surprised to find out about the hidden features of Keurig 2.0 as well.
- Keurig 2.0 Brewer Series Overview & First Impressions
- Keurig 2.0 Menus, Brewing Various Packs & New Exclusive 2.0 Features
- Keurig 2.0 Likes, Dislikes, Nitpicks, Hidden Port & Conclusion
October 1, 2014
Did you know you had some type of data port in the bottom of your Keurig 2.0? We found it tucked away underneath the Keurig 2.0 (read our article here) waiting to be used at some later point. Is it going to connect to the Keurig Cold coming out soon? Is it going to be used to connect to AOL by dialing out using a modem? :-) Keurig Green Mountain had provided us the answer on what this mystery port is...
The “port" on the bottom of the system is similar to the port you would plug a landline phone into in your home. This was included in the new Keurig 2.0 brewers to give the future ability to connect an accessory to give the brewer internet connectivity, should consumers opt in and wish to do so. This port is not currently in use and any future uses are still in the early stages of innovation.
So there you have it. It’s to future proof the Keurig 2.0 and perhaps give us recipes to download or to be able to connect to the Keurig 2.0 over our smartphone for smart home uses. Who knows? What do you think they’ll use the port for in the future?
September 29, 2014
We reach the end of a long journey today with Part 3 of our 3-part Keurig 2.0 Mega Review where we discuss our main likes, dislikes & nitpicks about the new 2.0 brewers, our discovery of a hidden port under the machine (do we have your attention now?) & our final conclusion about the new 2.0 brewer series.
What did we like?
- Overall design/look of the new brewers. They seem to have a nicer, more modern look which appears to be a fusion of various design cues from the old Keurig 1.0 Series B70 brewers & the Keurig (1.5 Series?) Vue V700 brewers.
- The designing ingenuity which went into creating the retractable K-Cup piercing needle mechanism. As we noted in Part 2 of our Mega Review, this level of design is something we’d be expecting to see come out of Apple’s Cupertino offices… not Keurig Green Mountain. The fact that Legos inspired it further shows that amazing things can come from the most simple of ideas.
Continue reading: "Keurig 2.0 Likes, Dislikes, Nitpicks, Hidden Port & Conclusion"
September 24, 2014
If you’re looking for a Nespresso capsule alternative you may want to check out Mixpresso. Made in Italy, Mixpresso offers 4 different espresso capsule options and they also have their own single serve espresso machines:
- Ricco, made from 100% full drums Robusta. A powerful & contrasting rich flavor that's a perfectly smooth experience on the tongue. A cup of this full-bodied roaster is simply perfect to suit the expectations of true lovers of quality traditional Italian Espresso.
- Luce- best defined as an angelic light and easy speciality decaf. It's our classic lively yet gentle flavor on the menu. Luce offers a snappy crisp and citrus body from the Central American coffee bean matched with a complete depth and sweetness of an Ethiopian classic.
- Classe is Mixpresso's Superior Blend. A Perfect harmony of aromatic coffee from the Arabica species, similar to that of the Lungo but blended with an excellent natural, rustic coffee from the Robusta species. A creamy, full bodied and easy to work coffee blend with a complex yet persistent taste.
- Lungo, is the line for coffee purists, obtained by five selected components of 100% Arabica species of coffee from Central & South America and East Africa. Its intense toasted aroma is accompanied by a combination of slightly fruity flavors in which you can percieve gentle notes of Myrtle.
They have 3 different machines with the main difference being color. There’s Logan, Isabelle, and Steve. We’re pretty sure these machines are Nespresso capsule compatible as well.