March 3, 2015
Keurig Green Mountain has announced the addition of the Keurig 2.0 K200 series to its family of Keurig 2.0 brewers.At a suggested retail price of $119.99-$129.99, the new Keurig 2.0 K200 has the ability to brew both a single cup and a four-cup carafe, and is available in a variety of classic and trend-forward colors. It also has a very small footprint compared to the current lineup of Keurig 2.0 brewers.
The new K200, offers the ability to brew both a single cup using a K-Cup pack, as well as a carafe using the new K-Carafe pack. The brewer will be available beginning May 12, 2015 on Keurig.com, and nationwide this summer at major retailers.
The new Keurig 2.0 K200 brewer features:
- Available in an array of colors, including Black, White, Strawberry, Sandy Pearl, Turquoise, Violet and Orange Zest
- Nine brew sizes ranging from four oz. to 30 oz. 40 oz. water reservoir
- Strength control
- Black and white touch display
- Consumers looking to enjoy carafe brewing capabilities with the new K200 system have the option to purchase either a Keurig 2.0 Carafe or stainless steel Keurig 2.0 Thermal Carafe as accessories ($19.99 and $29.99 SRP, respectively).
February 24, 2015
The Chefman My Barista Single Serve Coffee Maker is compatible with coffee grounds by using the included coffee filter or K-Cup packs. It’s features a faster start brew time than any other coffee maker on the market, and has a removable drip tray allows for 16 oz cups. You can brewer 8 oz or 10 oz capacities, and the Chefman coffeemaker shuts off automatically 5 minutes after brew cycle is complete. At ~$60 the Chefman single serve coffee maker is a really good bargain, and from the reviews we’ve read people are really liking it.
February 17, 2015
We recently posted about this brewer meets refrigerator concept, and now have more pictures thanks to the Appliancist. The Café French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system will be available in stainless steel with an MSRP of $3,300 in Q3 of this year. More pictures after the jump...
Continue reading: "GE Café Refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup Brewing System - Pictures"
February 5, 2015
We’re always on the lookout for single serve coffee systems, and this one sent in from a reader has us caught by surprise. The Capri from Polti is designed to make perfect Italian espresso exclusively using AromaPolti capsules. It features a height-adjustable cup tray, and removable collection bin to hide used capsules.
Currently there are a few options for espresso and single serve coffee capsules:
- Crema Capsules for Capri from Polti: A blend fo Arabica and Robusta beans. Roasted, ground and instantly packed in Italy. For coffee drinkers who enjoy a harmonious flavour and firm, long-lasting "crema" .
- Sublime Capsules for Capri from Polti: 100% full-bodied Arabica beans. Roasted, ground and instantly packed in Italy. For coffee drinkers who appreciate a sweet flavour with a slightly tart aftertaste. The perfect balance of flavour, aroma and body.
- Deca Capsules for Capri from Polti: Decaffeinated by a natural process that leaves the coffee's sensory qualities unaltered, this blend combines various Arabica coffees from Central America and Africa.
All of the capsules come packed in 50 count boxes, and can be ordered along with the machine from the Polti web site. Pricing is $30 for 50 capsules and $179 for the Capri machine. Thanks to AC for sending this in.
February 3, 2015
The BRIM Size-Wise Programmable Coffee Statio can Brew three sizes with one machine because it features an adjustable tray letting you brew coffee for a single cup, travel mug, or 12-cup carafe.
- Advanced programming makes brewing easy with a 24-hour auto-start and auto shut-off.
- Select from three brew strengths, and prevent watered-down coffee with the innovative brew-controlling filter.
- Set the 24-hour auto-start for freshly brewed coffee when you wake up, choose brew strength for regular, gourmet, or bold coffee, and program auto shut-off to turn off your station 30 minutes to 4 hours after brewing.
- The Pause & serve function lets you pour a cup while coffee is still brewing in My Carafe mode, and the self-cleaning cycle ensures your coffee tastes its best.
- Enjoy a single serving of coffee without any capsules or pods. The single cup option keeps you from having to throw away leftover coffee from the carafe when you only want one cup. And, since the filter is permanent, you don't need to purchase and dispose of paper filters.
February 2, 2015
The BELLA Toast and Brew Breakfast Station is something a bit different. This single serve coffee maker brews up to a 14 oz. cup of coffee, and has a toaster that features bagel, defrost & cancel functions. The single serve coffee maker includes a removable permanent filter, and the toaster features precise browning control with reheat option. The toaster features anti-jam with auto shut-off for your safety as well. You can also purchase it in 3 colors allowing you to accent your breakfast nook properly.
January 16, 2015
The Evolve 3.0 Coffee Brewer allows you to brew three different ways. Why three brewing methods in one coffee maker? Because you don’t always want to brew your coffee the same way in every coffee drinking session. The Evolve 3.0 is a Kickstarter project we’ll likely support, and we are excited to see such a modular design that not only makes one cup of coffee but can make a small pot as well.
Here are the three methods the Evolve 3.0 brewer supports:
- STOVETOP - The stovetop process utilises pressurised hot water to extract solids from the coffee, enabling the water to take on an optimal concentration and balance during extraction.
- POUR-OVER - During filter extraction water filters through the ground coffee, absorbing its oils and solids as it passes through the filter into the jug.
- PLUNGER - The plunger is a classic coffee brewing process. Ground coffee is steeped in hot water for a short period of time and is then strained using the hand pressured filter.
Additional features of the 3.0 include:
- Glass lids for clear and easy visualisation of the extraction process.
- Twin walled stainless steel vacuum jug for added insulation.
- Ergonomically designed cool touch handle.
- Smooth pour spout.
- Durable food grade silicone seals.
- Stainless steel boiler compatible with gas, electric, ceramic and induction stovetops.
- Dishwasher safe.
January 15, 2015
It was bound to happen, but we didn’t expect it to happen this way. Keurig and GE have teamed up to bring a Café French door refrigerator featuring a Keurig Hot Beverage System integrated into it. So if you’ve been looking for coffee, tea, and hot water to be dispensed right at the refrigerator this is going to be the refrigerator for you. Priced at $3300 it’s not going to be cheap, and we wonder what type of customer service you’ll get if the brewer ever fails or needs repair.
Additional features include:
- Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
- The built-in system frees up counter space, something that's a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
- First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
- GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
- Opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, including the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, Eight O'Clock, Community Coffee, and Peet's Coffee and Tea.
- Made in Louisville, Ky., the Café French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system (CFE28USHSS/CYE22USHSS) will be available in stainless steel.
- Iit will be available in the third quarter of 2015 wherever appliances are sold.
More at GE Appliances
January 8, 2015
The TOUCH Residential Brewer is a single serve coffee brewer that’s compatible with all K-Cup packs, the Touch XBold Cup and Super Cup. Seems like more and more compatible K-Cup brewers are being released, and many of them claim a ton of features the older K-Cup brewers didn’t have.
The Touch brewer brews stronger and bigger cups of coffee and has a brew strength control of: Mild, Medium or Bold 5 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10, 12 or 14 oz. The brewer starts brewing within about 30 seconds from a cold start, and brews a cup of coffee in about 1 minute. It also features an extra large removable water tank at 90oz.
There are two models the Touch Brewer T314B, and the Touch Brewer T330S. The Touch Brewer T330S also features a Refill Cup allowing you to brew a 30oz pot of coffee. You can also use the Refill Cup in older Keurig K-Cup brewers, and more info and a video can be found here.
We’ll be reaching out to Touch brewing to see if we can get a review unit soon. You can also view videos of the brewers here for in depth info.
December 24, 2014
Keurig Green Mountain is recalling more than 7 million Keurig Mini Plus brewers after 90 reported burn-related injuries. The coffee produced by these brewers is too hot and can overheat during the brewing process, spraying out and burning coffee drinkers. Keurig has received about 200 reports of hot liquid escaping from the brewer, including 90 of those that said they suffered burn-related injuries.
This is how you find the serial number in your affected brewer.
More details on the CPSC site.
The company is recalling about 6.6 million units sold in the U.S. and 564,000 sold in Canada. The recalled units were produced between the end of 2009 and July 2014 and were sold at a handful of national retailers, as well as online on Keurig’s website.
We think you should stop using your brewer immediately and call today for a repair on the brewer.
Via Keurig's too-hot coffee and details on the CPSC site.