February 3, 2015
The BRIM Size-Wise Programmable Coffee Statio can Brew three sizes with one machine because it features an adjustable tray letting you brew coffee for a single cup, travel mug, or 12-cup carafe.
- Advanced programming makes brewing easy with a 24-hour auto-start and auto shut-off.
- Select from three brew strengths, and prevent watered-down coffee with the innovative brew-controlling filter.
- Set the 24-hour auto-start for freshly brewed coffee when you wake up, choose brew strength for regular, gourmet, or bold coffee, and program auto shut-off to turn off your station 30 minutes to 4 hours after brewing.
- The Pause & serve function lets you pour a cup while coffee is still brewing in My Carafe mode, and the self-cleaning cycle ensures your coffee tastes its best.
- Enjoy a single serving of coffee without any capsules or pods. The single cup option keeps you from having to throw away leftover coffee from the carafe when you only want one cup. And, since the filter is permanent, you don't need to purchase and dispose of paper filters.
February 2, 2015
The BELLA Toast and Brew Breakfast Station is something a bit different. This single serve coffee maker brews up to a 14 oz. cup of coffee, and has a toaster that features bagel, defrost & cancel functions. The single serve coffee maker includes a removable permanent filter, and the toaster features precise browning control with reheat option. The toaster features anti-jam with auto shut-off for your safety as well. You can also purchase it in 3 colors allowing you to accent your breakfast nook properly.
January 16, 2015
The Evolve 3.0 Coffee Brewer allows you to brew three different ways. Why three brewing methods in one coffee maker? Because you don’t always want to brew your coffee the same way in every coffee drinking session. The Evolve 3.0 is a Kickstarter project we’ll likely support, and we are excited to see such a modular design that not only makes one cup of coffee but can make a small pot as well.
Here are the three methods the Evolve 3.0 brewer supports:
- STOVETOP - The stovetop process utilises pressurised hot water to extract solids from the coffee, enabling the water to take on an optimal concentration and balance during extraction.
- POUR-OVER - During filter extraction water filters through the ground coffee, absorbing its oils and solids as it passes through the filter into the jug.
- PLUNGER - The plunger is a classic coffee brewing process. Ground coffee is steeped in hot water for a short period of time and is then strained using the hand pressured filter.
Additional features of the 3.0 include:
- Glass lids for clear and easy visualisation of the extraction process.
- Twin walled stainless steel vacuum jug for added insulation.
- Ergonomically designed cool touch handle.
- Smooth pour spout.
- Durable food grade silicone seals.
- Stainless steel boiler compatible with gas, electric, ceramic and induction stovetops.
- Dishwasher safe.
January 15, 2015
It was bound to happen, but we didn’t expect it to happen this way. Keurig and GE have teamed up to bring a Café French door refrigerator featuring a Keurig Hot Beverage System integrated into it. So if you’ve been looking for coffee, tea, and hot water to be dispensed right at the refrigerator this is going to be the refrigerator for you. Priced at $3300 it’s not going to be cheap, and we wonder what type of customer service you’ll get if the brewer ever fails or needs repair.
Additional features include:
- Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
- The built-in system frees up counter space, something that's a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
- First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
- GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
- Opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, including the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, Eight O'Clock, Community Coffee, and Peet's Coffee and Tea.
- Made in Louisville, Ky., the Café French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system (CFE28USHSS/CYE22USHSS) will be available in stainless steel.
- Iit will be available in the third quarter of 2015 wherever appliances are sold.
More at GE Appliances
January 8, 2015
The TOUCH Residential Brewer is a single serve coffee brewer that’s compatible with all K-Cup packs, the Touch XBold Cup and Super Cup. Seems like more and more compatible K-Cup brewers are being released, and many of them claim a ton of features the older K-Cup brewers didn’t have.
The Touch brewer brews stronger and bigger cups of coffee and has a brew strength control of: Mild, Medium or Bold 5 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10, 12 or 14 oz. The brewer starts brewing within about 30 seconds from a cold start, and brews a cup of coffee in about 1 minute. It also features an extra large removable water tank at 90oz.
There are two models the Touch Brewer T314B, and the Touch Brewer T330S. The Touch Brewer T330S also features a Refill Cup allowing you to brew a 30oz pot of coffee. You can also use the Refill Cup in older Keurig K-Cup brewers, and more info and a video can be found here.
We’ll be reaching out to Touch brewing to see if we can get a review unit soon. You can also view videos of the brewers here for in depth info.
December 24, 2014
Keurig Green Mountain is recalling more than 7 million Keurig Mini Plus brewers after 90 reported burn-related injuries. The coffee produced by these brewers is too hot and can overheat during the brewing process, spraying out and burning coffee drinkers. Keurig has received about 200 reports of hot liquid escaping from the brewer, including 90 of those that said they suffered burn-related injuries.
This is how you find the serial number in your affected brewer.
More details on the CPSC site.
The company is recalling about 6.6 million units sold in the U.S. and 564,000 sold in Canada. The recalled units were produced between the end of 2009 and July 2014 and were sold at a handful of national retailers, as well as online on Keurig’s website.
We think you should stop using your brewer immediately and call today for a repair on the brewer.
Via Keurig's too-hot coffee and details on the CPSC site.
December 17, 2014
The Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker is still one of our favorite single serve coffee makers, and is simply one of the best coffee makers in the world. Sure you can use your pourer Chemed, or get a $5000 dollar espresso machine and think you’ll make a better cup of coffee but you won’t.
The Aeropress makes smooth, rich coffee without bitterness, and the low acidity makes coffee easy on your stomach. There’s also no grit in the cup, and it’s easy to use. We think for $25 bucks you simply can’t go wrong with the Aeropress. You can read our full review of the Aeropress here and get one at here.
December 9, 2014
It's been an interesting year for the entire single serve coffee industry, and especially with the introduction of the Keurig 2.0. The problem has been with the Keurig 2.0 - it only brews compatible Keurig 2.0 Keurig brewed K-Cups. If you have an older K-Cup brewer you're in luck, but what if that older brewer has stopped working and you don't want a Keurig 2.0 with the DRM to lock you in to only what Keurig Green Mountain has to offer in K-Cups? We think you're going to be just fine with the iCoffee Opus K-Compatible single serve coffee brewer.
Continue reading: "iCoffee Opus Single Serve K-Compatible Cup Brewer Review"
December 3, 2014
The Keurig 2.0 K350 Brewing System utilizes both licensed K-Cup packs, VUE packs, and the larger K-Carafe packs. The K350 Includes the Keurig Carafe, 6 K-Cup Packs, 4 K-Carafe Packs, and a Water Filter Handle and Cartridge. You can brew coffee, teas, and other hot beverages using the Keurig 2.0 brewing system.
This brewer also features a touch display and 60 oz reservoir. You may also want to check out other Keurig 2.0 Brewers like the Keurig 2.0 450, Keurig 2.0 550, or the Keurig 2.0 560 brewing bundle. Given the price of the Keurig 2.0 350 this is a great way to get into the larger brewing packs and also update your existing brewer. This brewer will only brew licensed K-Cup and other brewing packs.
November 18, 2014
The Philips SENSEO Up coffee maker isn’t available in the US any longer, but world wide it’s still a phenomenon. The Philips Up uses more of recycled plastics than probably any other coffee machine on the market today, and keeps environment healthy by using compostable coffee pods.
The SENSEO Up features include:
- Strength Select - Choose between Strong Short and Mild Long coffee
- One cup is brewed in just 30 seconds.
- Direct Start button - turn it on and brew the coffee at one touch.
- SENSEO coffee machine switches off automatically right after brewing to save electricity.
- SENSEO Up+ coffee maker with memory function - Program the coffee maker to brew the exact amount of coffee you prefer and adjust the coffee quantity up to 145 ml.
Via Appliancist at Philips SENSEO Up