September 4, 2014
Both USA & Canada will be getting a Costco exclusive model of the Keurig 2.0 dubbed the K560. From what we can tell, there's no mechanical or physical difference between a K560 and K550 machine. There doesn't appear to be any extra features on the K560 and the K-Carafe is still the same type you'd get with a K550.
What IS different however is that the Keurig 2.0 water filter handle & 2 filter refills are included, plus instead of the "4 K-Carafe Packs and 8 K-Cups" standard sample pack, you get 4 K-Carafe Packs and 48 K-Cups. Final price is $149.99 USD.
Canadian Costco customers may have to pay higher ($169.99 CAD) but they also get a slight bit more as instead of 48 K-Cups, they get 60. Other than the higher price and 12 extra K-Cups, there's no difference between the USA K560 & Canadian K560 models on either Costco site.
Amazon.com also has the same K560 package as Costco USA, yet they're selling it for $199.99 USD instead.
News from early adopters is that there's a few issues with the machines:
- The hot water feature only brews 6oz of hot water at a time and you need to hold the brew button during the entire time it's dispensing the water. Workaround = cut off the top from a Keurig 2.0 K-Cup and you can brew up to 10oz of hot water while only needing to press the brew button once.
- The current maximum brew size for K-Cups is 10oz. Apparently 12oz, 14oz and 16oz brew sizes will be "enabled" in the future once newer K-Cups are released.
- Unlike previous Keurig 1.0 and Keurig Vue machines, you CAN'T adjust the brew temperature. The machine determines what temperature to use based on what kind of K-Cup/K-Carafe pack you use.
At Keurig 2.0 K560 Bonus Bundle
Update: We received some updated pricing and info regarding the Keurig 2.0 Bundle
- The Costco exclusive offer in the U.S. features the K560 brewing system, and also includes a 4-cup starter carafe, a water filter handle, 2 water filters, 4 K-Carafe packs and 48 K-Cup packs
- The Costco exclusive offer in Canada features the K560 brewing system, and also includes a 4-cup starter carafe, a water filter handle, 2 water filers, 4 K-Carafe packs and 60 K-Cup packs
- SRP is $149.99 in the U.S. and $159.99 in Canada
- The K560 brewing system can brew a wide variety of coffees, teas and hot cocoa from an extensive list of brands, such as Green Mountain Coffee, Starbucks, Swiss Miss, Bigelow and more.
August 25, 2014
CNET has a feature on Keurig 2.0 and the K500 model brewer. The full photo slideshow is at: The K500 is Keurig 2.0's flagship brewer and you can see their video review here. The K500 AKA the Keurig 2.0 550 model left them feeling bitter. What made them feel bitter? For them the only reason to buy the Keurig 2.0 550 brewer is to get the ability to brew a carafe of coffee, and since the DRM prevents you from using unlicensed K-Cups the value is just not their for this new brewer.
For us the ability to brew with the carafe is interesting, and being able to use the recyclable VUE format along with K-Cups is a plus. We'll have to see whether it leaves a bitter taste for us. We're hoping the claims of it also being a better K-Cup brewer hold true, and that brewing K-Cups in Keurig 2.0 makes better coffee, tea, and other drinks.
August 21, 2014
You can pre-order Keurig 2.0 at Walmart.com and have it by 8/25 - the same day it releases nationwide to all Walmart stores.
- Coffee fans can pre-order the Keurig 2.0 system, which can brew both a single cup and a 4-cup carafe, online at Walmart.com with the guarantee of it being delivered to their home on 8/25 - the same time it will first arrive in stores. As always, Walmart will lead in price.
- And, because of Walmart's advanced logistics system, Walmart will have the Keurig 2.0 system in its stores nationwide faster than other major retailers. The Keurig 2.0 brewing system will be stocked on shelves beginning Aug. 25.
Keurig 2.0, Keurig's most advanced hot beverage system yet, is the first Keurig brewer to brew both a single cup and a four-cup carafe. The new Keurig 2.0 system delivers everything consumers know and love about Keurig - and more.
You can also find Keurig 2.0 here.
August 12, 2014
The Bosch Tassimo Suny coffee maker is the compact coffee maker that follows Tassimo Vivy and is available in Autumn Red, Midnight Black and Pacific Blue. Suny comes with the Smart Start function and designed for the coffee drinkers with a wide taste in beverages.
- No warm up time and your first cup is ready immediately.
- Patented IntelliBrew system ensures that every drink is made with the proper amount of water at perfect temperature
- The coffee maker scans the necessary input from the optical bar code of the inserted T Disc scans.
- To change your coffee strength and intensity, you can manually shorten the brewing process.
The Tassimo Suny can make more than 40 hot and cold drinks, including many types of coffees and espressos, chocolates, teas and milk drinks. Price is around € 100.
At Bosch via Appliancist
August 1, 2014
Chefman My Barista is quicker than most other single serve coffee brewers. The Chefman My Barista is compatible with K-Cups and ground coffee. There’s a cartridge that holds both K-Cups and a filter for ground coffee. Chefman My Barista will fit up to 16oz travel mugs, and brews in just 6 seconds. It’s also very compact - the Chefman My Barista is coffee your way and on demand.
Availability is limited right now, but expect it to roll out to Amazon and others. You should be able to find it at a Tuesday Morning store as well soon.
Video after the jump.
Continue reading: "Chefman My Barista Single Serve Coffee Maker - Use K-Cups or Ground Coffee"
July 10, 2014
The Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker comes in 3 different colors, but is only sold at one low price - $99. This makes the Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker a very affordable way to get into Nespresso espresso and single serve coffee. The machine features easy insertion and ejection of capsules, and is made for use with Nespresso coffee capsules.
- Compact brewing unit technology
- Fast preheating time: 25 seconds
- 19 Bar high pressure pump 2 Programmable buttons for Espresso and lungo preparation
- Removable 24 ounce water tank
- Folding cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses
- Used capsule container holds 9-11 used capsules
- Energy efficient; A Class energy rating
- Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
At Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker
July 8, 2014
You can brew big or small with the Keurig K500 AKA the Keurig 2.0 coffee maker. CNET has a good video showcasing the various brewing options for K-Cups and Large K-Carafe Packs. There's even brewing choices on Keurig 2.0 coming this Fall. If you want stronger coffee you can pick that option via the LCD menu, and the Keurig K500 will take a longer time to brew.
Continue reading: "Keurig K500 Coffee Maker - Keurig 2.0 Has Lots of Options"
June 18, 2014
Currently in space there's no one to hear your order of a two shot extra whip latte, but soon there will be. Lavazza has created the a new custom espresso machine for use in space. The ISSpresso is headed for the ISS space station in orbit, and weighs in at just 44lbs.
Making espresso in space is pretty much the same as on Earth. The pressure required is between 8 and 10 bars which inside an already pressurized space station might freak an astronaut out. That's why Lavazza has replaced the plastic tubing with a steel version capable of withstanding 400 bars of pressure. Rather than spewing hot coffee into microgravity, the machine pumps the espresso out into small plastic pouches.
How does it taste? The flavor profile is dulled because it's impossible to smell the coffee that's being imbibed, and that's better than Tang any day in the cold darkness of space.
More pictures after the jump.
Continue reading: "ISS Lavazza Custom Space Espresso Machine"
June 11, 2014
The Keurig Mini Banana Yellow K-Cup Brewer is the perfect accent to your kitchen. Not only can it make a great cup of single serve coffee, but the color will make a splash amongst your not so interesting appliances. The brewer includes a 6 count K-Cup variety pack, and can make a 6, 8, or 10 ounce cup of tea or coffee. Brews in under two minutes, and since there’s no reservoir the coffee is fresh every time you pour new water into the brewer. You can read our full review of the Keurig Mini K-Cup brewer here.
May 23, 2014
The Mr. Coffee Cafe Latte Brewer is designed to do one thing - make amazing lattes. The Mr. Coffee Café Latte makes delicious lattes in one simple touch and provides a quick, easy and affordable solution for latte lovers. The automated process will brew coffee or espresso while heating and frothing milk to create a latte.
How easy is it to make a latte with this brewer? It’s just 3 steps.
- Load water and espresso or coffee grounds into the top of the lid Add milk and desired ingredients to the latte carafe (froth may vary by type of milk used)
- Push the Power lever down to turn on the latte maker When the latte creation process is complete, the machine will turn off automatically and your latte will be ready to serve.
- Fill your favorite mug, spoon any additional foam into your cup to complete your latte, and enjoy.
Key features include:
- Delicious lattes in one simple touch 24-ounce capacity to serve more than one drink at a time
- Auto power off once drink is ready
- Powerful milk frother Also makes hot chocolate; recipe book with 20 latte and hot chocolate recipes included
- You can also treat the whole family to hot chocolate with the Café Latte
At Mr. Coffee Cafe Latte Brewer