August 8, 2013
If you're looking to spend $11000 bucks on a coffee maker designed by both NASA and ex-Apple employees than look no further than the Blossom One. The Blossom One Limited, a professionally designed, expertly engineered, precision single-cup brewing device for homes and cafes is going to take the next leap and allow for sharing of coffee recipes by using a QR code connected to a database that harvests and stores recipes. If you own a Blossom One you'll be able to use the Blossom app and send your coffee recipe to the cloud.
What do cloud enabled single serve coffee makers allow you to do? Well they'll allow you to brew perfect coffee every time and craft ideal tastes from the larger community at a whole. For $11000 we can only hope the Blossom One will momma bird the entire cup of coffee it produces to us. :-) The Blossom One is also upgradeable in the future and modular in design so hopefully you can kick out another $2000 in accessories in a year or so.
Continue reading: "Blossom One WiFi and QR Code Enabled Single Serve Coffee Maker"
July 3, 2013
The Café Valet Single Serve Coffee Brewer Starter Kit works exclusively with the Café Valet disposable brew basket and coffee filter. The starter kit includes a variety pack of 18 single serve Café Valet dark roasted 100% Arabica coffee filters and disposable trays. The brewer features an automatic shut off with no hot plate for added safety and UL commercial approved Brews directly into your favorite cup or mug.
We've seen these brewer setups at several hotel stays recently, and we have to say they're not bad. They're not for the hard core single serve coffee drinker, but for a casual coffee person these seem to fit the bill and are well reviewed.
June 3, 2013
The Keurig Rivo Cappuccino & Latte Brewing System is now available at Keurig.com. We've been covering the Rivo since October of last year, and it's been a long time in coming. Though the machine has been available in some stores, this does mark the first time you can purchase the Rivo online with no exclusivity.
The Rivo uses different packs than K-Cups or VUE packs and they only work with Rivo. Pricing is $229 for the Rivo machine.
- Consistently froths any type of fresh milk to make hot or cold espresso based beverages
- Brews authentic espresso in under a minute using freshly sealed packs
- Three frothing modes: Cappuccino, Latte, and Cold Froth
- Two Espresso sizes – short (1.4oz.) or lungo (2.8oz.)
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleanup
May 3, 2013
We hadn't noticed the Keurig Mini K-Cup Brewer being produced in so many colors, but AB from Maine has found there are a ton of colors available - even purple!
My wife and I stopped by Kohl’s today in Bangor and was a little shocked to see so many different Keurig Mini’s. They had Silver, Black, red, Blue, Purple, and White. I have seen the silver, red, and black before but not the other colors.
You can read our review of the Keurig Mini here.
March 22, 2013
Offering a smaller footprint and even lower price point in the series (SRP of $169.99), the new Vue V500 combines Keurig single serve simplicity with the popular customizable features of the Vue series to deliver Keurig's best cup to an even broader range of consumers.Available beginning April 2, 2013 at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. and at retailers nationwide, the new Vue V500 offers:
Continue reading: "Keurig VUE V500 Brewing System"
- Fully programmable black and white touchscreen featuring auto on/off, temperature and strength control, energy saver mode and size selection
- Seven brew sizes -- from 4 oz. to 16 oz. travel mug
- Removable 60 oz. water reservoir
- Removable drip tray with adjustable plate
- Brews in under one minute
March 11, 2013
The Cuisinart SS-300 Compact Single Serve K-Cup Brewer looks just like a mini-me version of the SS-700 single serve K-Cup brewer. Priced at $129.00 ($119 if you look around a bit) this brewer does come with a charcoal water filter and a My K-Cup reusable filter just like it's bigger sibling.
- 10oz. Water Reservoir with cup markings at 6, 8, and 10 ounces.
- Hot Water Button lets consumers enjoy instant coffee, soup, tea and hot cocoa.
- Brews in under 2 minutes
- Removable Drip Tray provides extra space for travel mugs
- Auto Shutoff turns unit off after 90 seconds of non-use.
- BPA Free (all parts that come in contact with water or coffee).
- My K-Cup® Reusable Coffee Filter can be filled with gourmet ground coffee to suit personal tastes; conveniently stores right in the unit.
- Charcoal Water Filter removes impurities that could interfere with taste.
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
Here's a picture of the SS-300 at Macy's in Bangor, Maine. Thanks to AB for sending it in.
At Cuisinart SS-300 Compact Single Serve K-Cup Brewer
February 27, 2013
The KM9000 from Krups dispenses piping hot coffee at the touch of a button, and best of all it's one cup at a time. The compact 12-cup coffee machine is factory programmed for a large or small cup. The Krups Cup On Request coffee maker features the dual heating system with positive temperature coefficient to ensure unvaried coffee temperature for constant taste from the moment coffee is brewed and up to 4 hours after.
- Countdown timer to show how long its been since your coffee was brewed
- Programmable angled control panel - aroma selection for more intense extraction
- Front facing water window - 3 level removable drip tray for multiple size cups and travel mugs
- Immediate flow stop
- Krups Duo Filter water filtration system
- Removable stainless steel coffee tank
Price for the Krups Cup On Request coffee maker is $179.99 at Amazon.
January 24, 2013
Tassimo has a system out in Germany we hadn't seen until recently called the Tassimo Joy. The Tassimo Joy makes one button preparation of latte macchiatos, espressos, cappuccinos, chai lattes, fruit or green teas a total joy. The Tassimo Joy coffee machine, available in Clear White, Intenso Black and Passion Purple finishes, boasts the huge T DISC variety of coffee, cocoa and tea based drinks.
Continue reading: "Bosch Tassimo Joy Hot Beverage System"
December 19, 2012
The Nestle Star Wars Coffee Machines come in Darth Vader with the 'Dark Set' and 'Light Set' which features C3PO. The availability is very limited and only in Japan for $120 a piece (more if you buy the set below). Why don't we have more themed coffee makers here in the US? We'd take a HALO themed coffee maker over a HALO themed Xbox 360 any day. Well - maybe not.
Each set comes with a mug, lightsaber stirrer, and of course the machine.
December 18, 2012
Single Serve Coffee reader Alan has written in with news of the TASSIMO T47 Single Cup Home Brewing System. The Tassimo T47 appears to be a Target exclusive in the US, and costs $139.99. It does feature the LCD display and uses Tassimo's barcode technology to brew a perfect single serve hot beverage every time.
- Removable cup stand fits most cups, (travel) mugs and glasses.
- Capacity (volume): 47.0 Oz.
- Custom Brew Strength
- Cord Storage
- Indicator Lights,
- Removable Drip Tray
- Water Level Window
- Removable Water Reservoir
- LCD Display
- Plastic Metal Finish:
- Chrome Finish: Glossy
- Auto Standby Mode
- LService Disc
- Drip Tray
We'd love to hear your thoughts and impressions for those of you that own a T47 or might get one for the holidays. So far we've been unable to find anything on the Tassimo web site or our old standby of YouTube.
Update:From Alan, "I saw that part too and I would have to say that it's a misprint in their description. I haven't actually seen it operate but I did play with the floor model a bit at the Target by my work. The display looks a lot like the one used in the T20." We thought the LCD looked like it was missing and that's the case.