March 22, 2013
Offering a smaller footprint and even lower price point in the series (SRP of $169.99), the new Vue V500 combines Keurig single serve simplicity with the popular customizable features of the Vue series to deliver Keurig's best cup to an even broader range of consumers.Available beginning April 2, 2013 at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. and at retailers nationwide, the new Vue V500 offers:
Continue reading: "Keurig VUE V500 Brewing System"
- Fully programmable black and white touchscreen featuring auto on/off, temperature and strength control, energy saver mode and size selection
- Seven brew sizes -- from 4 oz. to 16 oz. travel mug
- Removable 60 oz. water reservoir
- Removable drip tray with adjustable plate
- Brews in under one minute
March 11, 2013
The Cuisinart SS-300 Compact Single Serve K-Cup Brewer looks just like a mini-me version of the SS-700 single serve K-Cup brewer. Priced at $129.00 ($119 if you look around a bit) this brewer does come with a charcoal water filter and a My K-Cup reusable filter just like it's bigger sibling.
- 10oz. Water Reservoir with cup markings at 6, 8, and 10 ounces.
- Hot Water Button lets consumers enjoy instant coffee, soup, tea and hot cocoa.
- Brews in under 2 minutes
- Removable Drip Tray provides extra space for travel mugs
- Auto Shutoff turns unit off after 90 seconds of non-use.
- BPA Free (all parts that come in contact with water or coffee).
- My K-Cup® Reusable Coffee Filter can be filled with gourmet ground coffee to suit personal tastes; conveniently stores right in the unit.
- Charcoal Water Filter removes impurities that could interfere with taste.
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
Here's a picture of the SS-300 at Macy's in Bangor, Maine. Thanks to AB for sending it in.
At Cuisinart SS-300 Compact Single Serve K-Cup Brewer
February 27, 2013
The KM9000 from Krups dispenses piping hot coffee at the touch of a button, and best of all it's one cup at a time. The compact 12-cup coffee machine is factory programmed for a large or small cup. The Krups Cup On Request coffee maker features the dual heating system with positive temperature coefficient to ensure unvaried coffee temperature for constant taste from the moment coffee is brewed and up to 4 hours after.
- Countdown timer to show how long its been since your coffee was brewed
- Programmable angled control panel - aroma selection for more intense extraction
- Front facing water window - 3 level removable drip tray for multiple size cups and travel mugs
- Immediate flow stop
- Krups Duo Filter water filtration system
- Removable stainless steel coffee tank
Price for the Krups Cup On Request coffee maker is $179.99 at Amazon.
January 24, 2013
Tassimo has a system out in Germany we hadn't seen until recently called the Tassimo Joy. The Tassimo Joy makes one button preparation of latte macchiatos, espressos, cappuccinos, chai lattes, fruit or green teas a total joy. The Tassimo Joy coffee machine, available in Clear White, Intenso Black and Passion Purple finishes, boasts the huge T DISC variety of coffee, cocoa and tea based drinks.
Continue reading: "Bosch Tassimo Joy Hot Beverage System"
December 19, 2012
The Nestle Star Wars Coffee Machines come in Darth Vader with the 'Dark Set' and 'Light Set' which features C3PO. The availability is very limited and only in Japan for $120 a piece (more if you buy the set below). Why don't we have more themed coffee makers here in the US? We'd take a HALO themed coffee maker over a HALO themed Xbox 360 any day. Well - maybe not.
Each set comes with a mug, lightsaber stirrer, and of course the machine.
December 18, 2012
Single Serve Coffee reader Alan has written in with news of the TASSIMO T47 Single Cup Home Brewing System. The Tassimo T47 appears to be a Target exclusive in the US, and costs $139.99. It does feature the LCD display and uses Tassimo's barcode technology to brew a perfect single serve hot beverage every time.
- Removable cup stand fits most cups, (travel) mugs and glasses.
- Capacity (volume): 47.0 Oz.
- Custom Brew Strength
- Cord Storage
- Indicator Lights,
- Removable Drip Tray
- Water Level Window
- Removable Water Reservoir
- LCD Display
- Plastic Metal Finish:
- Chrome Finish: Glossy
- Auto Standby Mode
- LService Disc
- Drip Tray
We'd love to hear your thoughts and impressions for those of you that own a T47 or might get one for the holidays. So far we've been unable to find anything on the Tassimo web site or our old standby of YouTube.
Update:From Alan, "I saw that part too and I would have to say that it's a misprint in their description. I haven't actually seen it operate but I did play with the floor model a bit at the Target by my work. The display looks a lot like the one used in the T20." We thought the LCD looked like it was missing and that's the case.
December 5, 2012
This compact coffee maker will make 18 oz of coffee and keep it warm with the included thermal mug. The brewer also comes with a gold filter, and there's even a 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty.
- Includes thermal mug and gold-tone filter
- Great for small spaces!
- Optimized brew process for bolder taste
- Removable top-load water tank with integrated handle
- Easy-access brew basket
The KitchenAid KCM0402ACS Single Serve Brewer is imported and currently only available at Macy's.
November 27, 2012
Starbucks recently sent over the Verismo Single Serve Coffee and Espresso System which besides VIA instant coffee is their first single serve coffee and espresso system. Currently there are two models of the Verismo - the 580 and the V-585 larger model. The Verismo will make a variety of cafe beverages by using a combination of espresso Verismo pods and milk pods. You can also brew fresh coffee by using a Verismo coffee pod that has a freshness foil on the bottom of it you need to remove to reduce the pressure in the pod while brewing a single serve cup of coffee.
We received the Verismo 580 machine and it's very sleek and not very heavy. We like the fit and finish of the machine, and the overall design on the machine for us is one of it's strengths. If you're going to spend $199 for the 580 and $399 V-585 Verismo the machine had better be appealing. The water reservoir was easy to fill, and the lever to insert the Verismo pods was also easy to use repeatedly. We like the catch basin and multi-tier design of the cup stand allowing you to use larger or smaller cups, and you can even rise the cup stand high enough to use a shot glass for espresso shots.
Continue reading: "Review: Verismo Single Serve Coffee and Espresso System by Starbucks"
November 13, 2012
That's right we've gotten our hands on the Starbucks 580 Single Serve Coffee and Espresso maker to review. We've had it for just a few days drinking lattes, shots of espresso, and House blend brewed coffee. So far the Verismo is delivering on all it's promises. Also - if you're looking for one of the Verismo machines check out Starbucks stores or your local Sur La Table or Williams Sonoma. Williams Sonoma currently is selling the V-585 Machine only.
Here's some details on the Starbucks Verismo Single Serve Coffee and Espresso brewer:
- Starbucks quality lattes, espresso and brewed coffee, all from one machine
- Lattes are made to our café standard of caramelly, rich espresso and natural, creamy 2% milk
- Fresh, natural milk makes creamy, sweet, frothy 2% milk that is perfect for Starbucks Lattes
- Uses Swiss-engineered high-pressure technology (19 bars) to deliver a caramelly, rich Starbucks quality espresso shot
- Functions as both a high-pressure (espresso) and low-pressure (brewed coffee) machine with automatic temperature settings
- Pods are made using 100 percent arabica beans and roasted at the peak of freshness – the same coffee we serve and sell in our cafés
- Pods available in Espresso Roast, Decaf Espresso Roast, as well as the full Starbucks Coffee Roast Spectrum (Blonde, Medium, and Dark)
- Sleek design with small footprint that blends seamlessly on countertop, with a removable container for used pods
- Two machine models available – 580 (base) and V-585 (premium) will be sold at Verismo.com, Starbucks stores, and specialty retailers
A special thanks to Starbucks for sending us the machine to review. More at Starbucks Verismo.
November 12, 2012
The Hamilton 49995 Beach FlexBrew Single Serve Coffeemaker is compatible with coffee grounds, K-Cup packs or soft coffee pods. We already have seen the Bunn MCU which can brew coffee with grounds, coffee pods, and K-Cups, but it's surprising to see Hamilton Beach get into this multi-brewer arena but given the expiration of the various K-Cup patents more K-Cup brewers are sure to appear over time.
Other features of the Hamilton 49995 Beach FlexBrew Single Serve Coffeemaker include:
- Adjustable cup rest allows for standard-size cups or travel mugs
- Durable, stainless steel features and dishwasher safe, removable parts
- 10-oz. brewing capacity (travel mug not included)
- Coffeemaker shuts off automatically when brew cycle is complete
At Hamilton 49995 Beach FlexBrew Single Serve Coffeemaker
A special thanks to Alan for sending in this tip.