August 27, 2010
We're going to feature a bunch of the brew over iced K-Cups over the next week, and we kick things off with the Celestial Seasonings Sweet Peach Iced Tea K-Cups and notice a light peach aroma filling our nose as the hot liquid melts over the ice. This aroma quickly becomes muted after the drink cools down a bit.
We didn't really notice much acidity as the ice cuts down on it somewhat. Things were smooth overall and there was barely any aftertaste. The thing which threw us off a bit was the initial punch to the face of bitter flavoring... we couldn't quite figure out what caused it. The peach flavoring? The cane sugar? (unlikely) or perhaps it was the hibiscus? Once we got accustomed, we started noticing more of the natural peach flavoring hiding below the light sweetness of the cane sugar. The longer we sipped on the drink, the more peach notes started coming through. A flavor score of 5 thankfully got changed to an 8 as a result.
Continue reading: "Review: Celestial Seasonings Sweet Peach Iced Tea K-Cups"
July 7, 2009
Green Mountain has just launched a entire set of Perfect Iced Tea K-Cups under the Celestial Seasonings brand, and it's a perfect time given the hot Summer weather finally starting to show up. There are 4 flavors to start - Raspberry, Lemon, Peach, and Unsweetened. These K-Cups will work in your Keurig Elite B40 Brewer, Keurig B50, Keurig Special Edition Ultra Elite B60, Keurig Platinum B70 Brewer, Breville BKC600XL Gourmet Single Cup Brewer, and other Keurig K Cup brewers including the Keurig Mini B30. The Perfect Iced Tea K-Cups site has instructions on how to make the perfect cup of iced tea as well.
- Raspberry Iced Tea K-Cup - Our Sweet Raspberry Black Tea combines full-bodied black tea with luscious fruit...
- Lemon Iced Tea K-Cup - Our Sweet Lemon Black Tea combines full-bodied black tea with all natural fruit ...
- Peach Iced Tea K-Cup - Our Sweet Peach Tea combines full-bodied black tea with luscious fruit flavor and...
- Unsweetened Black Iced Tea K-Cup - Our Unsweetened Black Tea is as simple as it gets - the classic full-bodied iced...
At Perfect Iced Tea K-Cups
January 29, 2009
Currently only available in the UK and Europe, the design is very similar to Breville's single serve coffee maker in tone. The Breville Hot Cup won't make single serve coffee, but it will make single serve tea very easy. If you have a current single serve coffee maker most of the models will dispense hot water, so this may not be for you, but it might be for that tea drinker you know.
- Boiling water at the touch of a button
- Dispenses 5 cups without refilling
- Energy saving – only boil the amount of water you need
- No mess drip tray and easy to fill
- Illuminated tank when on boil with a stylish contemporary design
Via Coolest Gadgets at Amazon.co.uk
July 11, 2007
It's summer and currently we're enjoying the new Chai Tea Latte T Discs for Tassimo, but if you have a Keurig, you need not miss out on the Chai Tea craze. We recommend getting some of the Timothy's World Coffee Chai Tea, K-Cups for Keurig Brewers and perhaps an Aeroccino to make the latte part.
These Chai Tea K Cups will work in your Keurig Elite B40 Brewer, Keurig B50, Keurig Special Edition Ultra Elite B60, and the Keurig B70 Brewer.
- Case of two boxes containing 25 K-cups (50 total K-cups)
- Traditional Indian tea made with ground spices including ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and cloves; certified Kosher
- Sweet, spicy, and milky to help warm and soothe you
- Best enjoyed in front of a roaring summer camp fire
June 18, 2007
We know this is a site on single serve coffee, but we also like our single serve tea. Now, we've heard this for years - all kinds of black and green teas - not just Oolong can help you lose weight. But now there seems to be even more medical evidence from a study that it's true: drinking tea can help you lose weight.
Researchers spent five years studying obesity, with the focus on children, the China Daily said. "They found that the polyphenol compound in tea -- especially Oolong tea -- can help obese people battle the bulge," the newspaper said. "Scientists have proved that drinking tea can help people lose weight."
"It has been confirmed that the continuous intake of Oolong tea contributes to enhancing the function of fat metabolism and to controlling obesity," it says of a tea produced and consumed primarily in the southeast of the country.
Not to get all technical, but it seems that the polyphenol compound in tea enhances the function of fat metabolism, which helps you lose weight. Researchers in China have been studying this for five years, paying special attention to how it affects kids. And Oolong seems to work the best.
Via Slashfood at Oolong Tea Can Help you Lose Weight