Starbucks Single Serve Coffee
February 4, 2015
An article over at The Motley Fool has us thinking - will Starbucks continue to support Verismo as a product in 2015? Given how dominant Keurig is in the United States and Canada, and how dominant Nestle with Nespresso is world wide does it even make sense? The platform has yet to find a large audience, and it’s not clear it will. The big thing is they could use the limited shelf space for other products that simply sell better in the single serve coffee space. They could even come up with more offerings for VIA which now seems to be doing better. Whatever they decide - it’s not clear they are behind Verismo or done with the product all together.
What do you think? Is this the year the Verismo died?
March 6, 2014
Starbucks made the Tribute Blend last year as a tribute to 40 years of Starbucks, and now it's going to be an annual celebration. Spicy and full bodied with four coffees bringing together this amazing flavor, you can read our review of the Tribute Blend here. We're pretty exited you'll be able to get this coffee each year, and it looks like the recipe for an amazing cup of single serve coffee hasn't changed. We'll raise our cup to 41 years with Starbucks here in 2014, and hope you have the chance to pay tribute as well.
Starbucks Tribute Blend K-Cups will work in any Keurig K-Cup Brewers, and is available now at your local Starbucks and online.
February 12, 2014
Starbucks has offered to send one of our lucky newsletter readers a Starbucks Valentines Day gift set. The winner will receive one Valentine’s Day Mug, one Sweetheart 2014 CD and a 2 boxes of Starbucks K-Cups.
How do you win? Simply sign up for the Single Serve Coffee newsletter by using the form below, or by following this link. We'll be drawing the winner randomly from the mailing list on Friday, Feb 14th. If you're name is on the list - you have a chance to win!
So make sure you sign up for our newsletter to win, and you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and also sign up and participate in the Single Serve Coffee Forums.
February 5, 2014
AB has found two new light roast blend K-Cups from Starbucks. It looks like Starbucks is wasting little time on fulfilling their promise to expand their K-Cup line. While shopping at Target in Bangor earlier this week AB found two new offerings from Starbucks.
- Blonde Bright Sky Blend Mild & Nutty - As mild and welcoming as a gentle sunrise, this blend’s inviting character is a pleasure to wake up to. We’ve roasted the Latin American beans just enough to reveal their nutty flavor and touch of acidity, culminating in a crisp and pleasant finish. This careful balance creates a well-rounded Blonde roast that’s bound to give your day an optimistic start.
- Blonde Aria Blend Crisp & Citrus - We gently roasted this coffee, revealing a surprisingly intense and beautiful expressive blend. From the first sip, African beans sing with juicy, lemony notes, followed by the bright, lyrical finish of Latin American coffees. A layered, lively cup, resoundingly crisp. They will run $12.99 for a box of 16.
These two lighter offerings add to their Blonde line of coffees like the Veranda blend K-Cups. All of the Starbucks K-Cups are Keurig Brewed and will work in any K-Cup Brewer.
January 23, 2014
AB on a trip to Starbucks yesterday found Guatemala Casi Cielo K-Cup Packs. They have returned for the 2014 season, and run $12.99 for a box of 12. Why are we excited about these K-Cups? The words casi cielo mean ‘almost heaven.’, and this coffee is a little cup of heaven in every sip.
This coffee was originally developed to be the ultimate ‘fine-dining’ experience, working with the chefs at Seattle’s legendary Canlis restaurant. The coffee was designed to pair perfectly with a variety of gourmet entrees and desserts – particularly those with savory herbs or cheeses, rich chocolate or berries.
This coffee For years was only available to a few, choice establishments. But the clamor for Guatemala Casi Cielo has been so relentless, and the coffee so good, that eventually it’s been made available for everyone with a K-Cup Brewer to enjoy.
January 16, 2014
Starbucks and Duracell are going to integrate the Duracell Powermat into just about every Starbucks store. The real news is a new wireless receiver dongle that means you don’t have to have an entire charging case around your iPhone to charge it. The wireless charging receiver dongle is compatible with any Apple 30-pin, Lightning, or Micro-USB at your nearest coffee outlet.
We’re very excited to be able to hang, and put our iPhone onto a charging ring so we won’t run out of power while we sip our 3rd Chai Tea Latte or Skinny Mocha this year.
January 10, 2014
Social media is in our lives to stay, and now we can see why it's in our coffee lives. Twitter and Starbucks announced a partnership this past month resulting in the program called 'Tweet-a-Coffee'. The program allows you to send gifts of coffee to friends via Twitter.
How does it work? Using Twitter you tweet '@tweetacoffee to' and write in the twitter name of the recipient. The sender must have an account on Starbucks.com, and after linking the two accounts and entering credit card information through Starbucks, you can tweet a 'coffee' to friends of your choosing. The eGifts come in $5 denominations and can be redeemed by printing out the eGift or loading it to a Starbucks digital card.
Video after the jump to explain it all.
Continue reading: "Tweet a Starbucks Coffee to a Friend"
December 11, 2013
Looking for more ways to take over the entire coffee market, Starbucks and a swiss based company have created the first Starbucks store on a train. The first official voyage for the Starbucks train took place on the train line running from Geneva Airport to St.Gallen in Switzerland on November 21 at 06:36am.
- The exterior of the sleek red and white car is branded with Starbucks siren logo on both sides including ‘Starbucks’ text.
- Inside, the experience on the car is split between two levels. The two levels provide seating for a total of 50 people.
- On the entry level, the baristas will serve passengers from behind a curved wooden bar that also features a small pastry case.
It’s quite a feat to create the same exact experience of Starbucks on a train, but we think the Swiss are up to the challenge. It would be amazing to have such cars on our commuter trains stateside, and maybe if enough US travelers experience something unique when in Europe some of these ideas may come to us over time.
At All Aboard the First Starbucks on a Train with SBB
September 24, 2013
Fall is officially here as of Sunday, and we're celebrating it by drinking Starbucks Coffee Caramel and Vanilla K-Cups. We received a box of each of the K-Cups (thanks Starbucks) in honor of the first official day of fall (September 22), and we've been drinking them since Sunday enjoying every sip. Details on how you can win a set of these K-Cups after the jump...
Continue reading: "Starbucks Coffee Caramel and Vanilla K-Cups - Perfect for Fall"
September 20, 2013
If you're the proud owner of a Starbucks Verismo single serve coffee and tea brewer you're going to need to sit down. Starbucks has released Teavana Masala Chai Tea Pods and Anniversary Blend Coffee Pods for your Verismo System. More variety is just what Verismo owners have been wanting and now this fall and at our online store are two signature flavor favorites that will now be available for the Verismo System.
- Anniversary Blend. The fabulous spicy blend was made famous in Starbucks 25th year. The Anniversary Blend signature flavors of rare Aged Sumatra awakened by a dark roast provides a bold and robust flavor that is a one of a kind. Starting in September, you will find Anniversary Blend Verismo Pods in participating stores. This seasonal offering will remain in stores carrying the Verismo System while supplies last--so don't miss it.
- Teavana Masala Chai tea pods - A robust blend of sweetened black tea and rich spices'. For a lovely cup of chai tea, brew it straight up with hot water. Or combine it with a milk pod for a chai tea latte that is sweet, spicy, and delicious. The new Teavana Masala Chai tea pods are part of our permanent line up of Verismo pods, so they're here to stay!
It's nice to see a continued commitment to the Verismo system from Starbucks. We look forward to trying out these new coffee and tea pods.
(Ideas In Action Blog)
September 12, 2013
AB has found one of our favorite K-Cups while shopping at Target today. Over at the Starbucks counter he found Starbucks Anniversary Blend K-Cup Packs for $14.99 for a 12 cup box. If you've never had Starbucks Anniversary blend it's a complex, full-bodied coffee blend with spicy flavor notes. Starbucks recommends enjoying a cup with a bowl of buttery popcorn and a flip through the photo album. We recommend enjoying it any time.
You can currently get the Starbucks Anniversary blend at Target, online at Amazon.com, and we can imagine Starbucks might be smart enough to celebrate their anniversary by having it in their cafes. Wherever you decided to purchase it you will be happy with this amazing dark rich coffee that's only out once in a great while. Starbucks Anniversary K-Cups will work in any Keurig K-Cup Brewers.
August 30, 2013
If you're looking to discover your favorite iced Starbucks beverage at your local grocer (AB spotted these at Target) conveniently packed into a 50.7 Fl Oz. bottle then look no further than Starbucks Discoveries. Your favorite Starbucks iced beverages have been thoughtfully crafted and freshly chilled for you to enjoy at home.
Starucks Disdoveries come in the following flavors:
- Starbucks Discoveries-Caffe Mocha
- Starbucks Discoveries-Caramel Macchiato
- Starbucks Discoveries-Vanilla Latte
Each serving is only 120 calories, and they run about $4.99 for 50.7 Fl Oz. - which if drank in one setting will most likely cause a major brain and kidney freeze.
Update: Check out the full review of Starbucks Discoveries at SSE.
August 5, 2013
AB has spotted some new K-Cup offerings at Target from Starbucks. Starbucks is offering Vanilla and Caramel K-Cups for Keurig K-Cup Brewers and they'll set you back $12.00 for 16 cups. We've seen Dunkin' Donuts also offer a Caramel flavored K-Cup, and we're not sure what to expect except sweetness. We have sampled the Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Cream and thought it was okay, but not something we would want as a daily drinker.
July 31, 2013
Looking for a few iced coffee drink recipes to use with your Keurig K-Cup brewer? Look no further than Starbucks K-Cups a little bit of syrup and milk. Starbucks has provided two recipes - Vanilla Iced Coffee with Milk and Vietnamese-Style Iced Coffee and both recipes can be made using K-Cups.
- Vanilla Iced Coffee with Milk
- Pour ¼ cup of 2% milk into a large glass
- Mix in 2 tbsp. Starbucks® Vanilla Syrup
- Brew one Starbucks Pike Place Roast K-Cup® on the 4 oz. setting
- Add coffee to glass and stir Add 1½ cups of ice
- Vietnamese-Style Iced Coffee
- Add 2 tbsp. of sweetened condensed milk to a large glass
- Brew one Starbucks® Sumatra K-Cup on the 4 oz. setting
- Add coffee to glass and stir Add 1½ cups of ice"