February 23, 2012
We continue our reviews of new Canadian T-Discs today with another entry submitted by our Canadian Correspondent, SH. Today he reviews the recent Carte Noire Long Espresso T-Discs. A "long espresso" is pretty much similar to a "lungo" whereby you use the same amount of coffee at the same extraction level but increase the final amount of drink volume in the cup. As a result, you get a super-sized espresso with all the same amount of kick. Sign us up!
Continue reading: "Review: Carte Noire Long Espresso T-Discs for Tassimo"
February 10, 2012
Tassimo has recalled both it's brewers and the beverage T-Discs across US and Canada due to some T-Discs exploding and causing injury to consumers. Tassimo has setup a consumer recall page and you can see if your brewer and T-Discs have been recalled. We also have the details on the units recalled and a list for you to use to check your brewer and T-Discs after the jump.
Continue reading: "Tassimo Recalls Brewers and T-Discs in North America"
October 12, 2011
There's a new Tassimo in town dubbed the Tassimo T55. Well - maybe not in a US town just yet, but they are launching this machine in Germany this Fall. The Tassimo T55 will use the T-Disc system which makes a perfect drink every time by using the Tassimo bar code scanner built into the T55.
Other features like the +/- button let you set the coffee strength to precisely match your taste. And the integrated BRITA filter in the water tank of this Bosch coffee maker ensures an enhanced quality of drink, while the transparent water tank allows you to see through the machine as if looking through an archway.
Continue reading: "Bosch Tassimo T55 Espresso and Hot Beverage System"
October 11, 2011
The Tassimo Hot Beverage system can make a ton of different coffee drinks and above is the entire chart for them. We've never ordered a Flat White or a Cafe Breve, but all of the other's we've ordered from time to time. Do you know of any other coffee drinks the Tassimo makes that isn't above? If so - click through to Tassimo at Facebook to tell them to update the chart. :-)
October 6, 2011
The Mavea Maxtra Water Filter for Tassimo Bosch Brewer also comes with a descaler for your Tassimo Bosch Brewer. The water filter also fits Mavea water pitchers so you can use one for coffee and one for pure fresh water.
Our 2 cents on a great cup of coffee - clean - clear - water. The better the water the better the coffee, and the Mavea filter has always done a great job in our Tassimo.
July 7, 2011
We've long thought the old Tassimo look was well - tired. The gold seal and black background served it well in it's earlier boutique days, but now Tassimo is a mass market brand and needs a broader appeal. Since the latter half of last year Tassimo has been introducing its new look in Europe and it seems like this June it started to make its way into the U.S. and other markets around the world full steam ahead. The new look has been designed by Turner Duckworth.
We like the new look, and it feels more like a palette of hot beverage choices with lots of possibilities instead of such a narrow look with the black and gold of old. We always find it fascinating to see how much a new brand identity can add to a coffee system, and we've seen such things in Senseo, Flavia, and others in the past do wonders with the brand. Our hat's off to Turner Duckworth - great design for a great single serve coffee system.
May 18, 2011
Some say it's desperate times for the old Brewbot at Tassimo after losing Starbucks Coffee in T-Disc format but is it? Well it's definitely less desperate when Eva Longoria from Desperate Housewives shows up to get a giant cup of espresso at the cup at the Tassimo Brewbot Cafe which opened on Tuesday (May 3) in New York City. We really should pop down to get our giant espresso cup fix, but alas it's so rainy in Boston we lack the motivation - wait - maybe a shot of giant espresso is exactly what we need? EVA AND BREWBOT we're COMING!!!!
Via Just Jared
May 12, 2011
Tassimo Direct has a variety of Spring savings they want to pass along to all of it's Tassimo customers. There is a mix of 3 offers ranging from discounts on certain Gevalia T-Discs and up to 20% brewers and accessories. There's even a MYSTERY offer which really results in 10% off most items. We're not sure what mix to pick but the 20% off seems like a great place to start on a Tassimo T20.
- Spring Clearance 20% Off - 20% Off and Free Shipping - Spring is there and you can take 20% off your favorite T-Discs, brewers, and accessories
- Gevalia Spring Sale - This Weekend 50% off 4 of your favorites. Stock up on Gevalia blends and buy any 4 packages of of Gevalia T-Discs and get 4 more at 50% off
- Mystery Savings - There's also 10% off certain T-Discs through May 23rd including Suchard HOt Chocolate T-Discs
April 14, 2011
Tassimo by Bosch is taking a a major road trip to four U.S. cities - Atlanta, Washington D.C., Chicago and New York City. Tassimo is also inviting people who stop by the Tassimo Brewbot Tour to upgrade their coffee experience by trading in their old brewers for a new Tassimo (each day the first 200 people will be eligible to do so). And through a partnership with Feeding America, the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief organization, Tassimo will also help the lives of those struggling with hunger for people that post to Facebook pictures of the event. The road show culminates in New York City the first week of May with a weeklong destination for the city's true coffee lovers – The Tassimo Brewbot Cafe which sounds pretty cool given an actual brewbot will be there.
Details on the schedule are located on the Tassimo Facebook page.
Tour Features include:
- The Tassimo Brewbot Mobile, a special vehicle featuring a giant Brewbot, will host events in popular locations throughout the four tour cities.
- A larger-than-life Tassimo Brewbot "robot" will come to life and pose for photos with guests.
- Each event day, the first 100 guests to arrive with an old coffee pot for trade-in will be upgraded to a new Tassimo brewer.
- Visitors will be invited to snap their photos with the Tassimo Brewbot and post them to Facebook.com/TassimoUS.
- For each user-generated photo posted, Tassimo will make a donation to Feeding America*, the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief organization.
March 24, 2011
Now that Starbucks has left the Tassimo platform to make K-Cups, it looks like Tassimo Canada is adding lot of new coffees and teas to offset the departing Starbucks T-Discs. They've been announcing several new coffees on their Twitter feed, and we can only hope their US counterparts also announce some new coffees and teas as well.
Here's the extent of what they've changed out - a total of 4 new offerings for Tassimo owners in Canada:
- Go for the bold? Then you definitely won't want to miss our newest offering from TASSIMO: GEVALIA Dark Italian Blend. Coming in July 2011!
- Love dark roast, premium, café quality coffee? Check out new GEVALIA Dark House Blend from TASSIMO. In stores July 2011. More tomorrow!
- More good news! TASSIMO introduces NABOB Decaf Cappuccino. Now enjoy a frothy cappuccino after dinner or before bed! In stores July 2011.
- Our new NABOB French Vanilla Coffee is a robust coffee blend combined with a smooth vanilla flavour. Available in stores July 2011!
We're bringing you one of Canada's favourite tea flavours: Twinings® Orange Pekoe Tea - available starting July 2011.
At TASSIMO Canada (TASSIMOCanada) on Twitter