April 13, 2015
The BELLA One Scoop One Cup Coffee Maker adds vibrant personality and single serve coffee to any kitchen, dorm room, or home office. This single-serving coffee maker brews up to 14 ounces of coffee, and it can also be used to make tea and dispense hot water for oatmeal and instant soups. Its permanent filter means you'll never need disposable paper filters.
- Quickly brews up to 14 ounces of coffee, tea, or hot waterCompact design won't clutter your countertop
- Permanent filter--no disposable filters needed
- Sleek and colorful
- The drip tray adjusts to accommodate various size mugs, such as the ceramic mug included with this coffee maker.
- Included in the box: BELLA One Scoop One Cup Coffee Maker, permanent filter, filter holder, mug, and user manual.
At BELLA One Scoop One Cup Coffee Maker
February 3, 2015
The BRIM Size-Wise Programmable Coffee Statio can Brew three sizes with one machine because it features an adjustable tray letting you brew coffee for a single cup, travel mug, or 12-cup carafe.
- Advanced programming makes brewing easy with a 24-hour auto-start and auto shut-off.
- Select from three brew strengths, and prevent watered-down coffee with the innovative brew-controlling filter.
- Set the 24-hour auto-start for freshly brewed coffee when you wake up, choose brew strength for regular, gourmet, or bold coffee, and program auto shut-off to turn off your station 30 minutes to 4 hours after brewing.
- The Pause & serve function lets you pour a cup while coffee is still brewing in My Carafe mode, and the self-cleaning cycle ensures your coffee tastes its best.
- Enjoy a single serving of coffee without any capsules or pods. The single cup option keeps you from having to throw away leftover coffee from the carafe when you only want one cup. And, since the filter is permanent, you don't need to purchase and dispose of paper filters.
February 2, 2015
The BELLA Toast and Brew Breakfast Station is something a bit different. This single serve coffee maker brews up to a 14 oz. cup of coffee, and has a toaster that features bagel, defrost & cancel functions. The single serve coffee maker includes a removable permanent filter, and the toaster features precise browning control with reheat option. The toaster features anti-jam with auto shut-off for your safety as well. You can also purchase it in 3 colors allowing you to accent your breakfast nook properly.
January 27, 2015
The very notion of a smart appliance should be appealing. Having a refrigerator tell you you’re out of milk, or to start a crock pot remotely or check in on how it’s doing. It’s a very sad day when someone makes a connected smart coffee maker that is in fact really dumb. Why? The Mr. Coffee Smart Optimal Brew can only be programmed using your smart phone, and if your smart phone happens to be in another room then you can’t adjust or change the coffee maker settings. There is a brew button for manual operation when brewing without the WeMo App and smart phone, but the connectivity costs a $50 more than the same coffee maker with regular controls right on the brewer.
We’re not sure who thought this was a worthy trade off, but we won’t be surprised how bad the press and user experience this coffee maker will have. For $150 bucks, we think we’ll order another Chemex and Aeropress that will remain offline and fine for years to come.
Via Consumer Reports News at Mr. Coffee Smart Wifi-Enabled WeMo 10-Cup Optimal Brew Coffeemaker
January 23, 2015
The OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker allows you to make amazing low acid smooth tasting coffee with a little ice and time. Cold brewing has been and currently is one of the more popular alternative brewing method available for brewing your favorite cup of single serve coffee. Cold brewing is a great way to make a carafe of cold brewed coffee and drink it iced later in the day, or simple warm it up for some hot coffee action.
Key features include:
- BPA free coffee maker brews smooth, delicious low-acid coffee concentrate to prepare hot or cold coffee
- Rainmaker evenly distributes water for optimal flavor extraction
- Easy-To-Access switch activates filtration process while keeping hands clean
- Coffee maker automatically stops filtering when carafe is removed to prevent unwanted mess
- Stopper has measurement markings and the silicone seal keeps coffee in carafe fresh in the fridge
You can get one of these at OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker, and for a full review check out this article at Wired.
January 16, 2015
The Evolve 3.0 Coffee Brewer allows you to brew three different ways. Why three brewing methods in one coffee maker? Because you don’t always want to brew your coffee the same way in every coffee drinking session. The Evolve 3.0 is a Kickstarter project we’ll likely support, and we are excited to see such a modular design that not only makes one cup of coffee but can make a small pot as well.
Here are the three methods the Evolve 3.0 brewer supports:
- STOVETOP - The stovetop process utilises pressurised hot water to extract solids from the coffee, enabling the water to take on an optimal concentration and balance during extraction.
- POUR-OVER - During filter extraction water filters through the ground coffee, absorbing its oils and solids as it passes through the filter into the jug.
- PLUNGER - The plunger is a classic coffee brewing process. Ground coffee is steeped in hot water for a short period of time and is then strained using the hand pressured filter.
Additional features of the 3.0 include:
- Glass lids for clear and easy visualisation of the extraction process.
- Twin walled stainless steel vacuum jug for added insulation.
- Ergonomically designed cool touch handle.
- Smooth pour spout.
- Durable food grade silicone seals.
- Stainless steel boiler compatible with gas, electric, ceramic and induction stovetops.
- Dishwasher safe.
December 17, 2014
The Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker is still one of our favorite single serve coffee makers, and is simply one of the best coffee makers in the world. Sure you can use your pourer Chemed, or get a $5000 dollar espresso machine and think you’ll make a better cup of coffee but you won’t.
The Aeropress makes smooth, rich coffee without bitterness, and the low acidity makes coffee easy on your stomach. There’s also no grit in the cup, and it’s easy to use. We think for $25 bucks you simply can’t go wrong with the Aeropress. You can read our full review of the Aeropress here and get one at here.
December 10, 2014
The HiLine Coffee Company sent us a entire set of their coffee packs and pods (K-Cups) this past week, and we've been enjoying the various roasts with a huge smile on our face. You can choose the packs which are 15 ounces of ground coffee and use it with a reusable filter such as the Eco-Fill, or you can buy the pods (K-Cups) and use them with any Keurig K-Cup brewer but not Keurig 2.0 unless you have you lucky hands on a Freedom clip.
HiLine Coffee Pods for K-Cup brewers include:
- DONUT TRUCK MEDIUM - Nutty, chocolate, citrus
- STOCK EXCHANGE DARK - Raspberry, nutty, bold
- FIFTH AVE MEDIUM- Honey, creamy, radiant
HiLine Coffee Packs for use in French Press, AeroPress or Reusable Filters for K-Cup brewers (learn more here):
- TRIBECA MEDIUM- Fruity, creamy, balanced
- PARK AVE DARK - Chocolate, caramel, robust
- EMPIRE STATE MEDIUM- Blueberry, nectar, full-bodied
October 10, 2014
AB has found evidence it's really Fall again in the US - Archer Farms Kettle Corn Coffee is available for a limited time at Target. We love a good handful of kettle corn, but we're unsure the flavor was destined for coffee. Have you tried it? If you did - did it try you instead? Sound off in the comments if you know of other crazy Fall coffees we should know about.
September 25, 2014
The pour over craze continues with the The Philips Cafe Gourmet Coffee maker. The Philips Café Gourmet can make a cup of coffee just like handmade filter coffee, thanks to the high brewing temperature created by the unique Boil & Brew system.Water is boiled first and then flows through ground coffee.The temperature, maintained by special dual heating element, reaches at least 93°C, helping to create the richest flavor and superior aroma for your filter coffee.
Other key features of the Philips Café Gourmet coffee maker include:
- Drip Stop to interrupt coffee brewing whenever you like
- Translucent water tank with detachable lid
- Detachable filter holder
- Auto shut-off after 30 minutes
- Illuminated power switch
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleaning
- Cable storage and non slip feet