March 18, 2014
Nespresso has two new limited edition coffees this year instead of just one. Both of the limited edition 2014 Nespresso coffees are from different growing regions or 'terroirs' in Colombia. Cauca (intensity 6) and Santander (intensity 7) are available now for ordering and will work in all Nespresso espresso machines.
- Cauca is a coffee with fruity-winey and ripe fruit notes, complex and aromatic, juicy with fine acidity.
- Santander is a coffee with hints of toasted bread and caramel notes, balanced and round.
We're thinking Santander is more in tune with our coffee palette, but for those of you who like a rich intense juicy cup of coffee than Cauca is for you.
Read More in: Nespresso
March 17, 2014
Keurig Green Mountain and Peet's Coffee & Tea Announce have announced a multi-year manufacturing and distribution agreement for Peet's-branded packs for the Keurig brewing system. The companies plan to launch a selection of Keurig licensed Peet's coffee and tea varieties in K-Cup packs for Keurig K-Cup brewers produced by Keurig by the end of the summer. Peet's will continue to hand roast the beans for its Peet's K-Cup packs at its LEED-Gold certified roasting facility in Alameda, Calif. and the roasted beans will be transported to Keurig for grinding and packaging in K-Cup packs.
Peet's entered the single-cup format just seven months ago and is now available in over 12,000 stores nationwide. Given their success with the K-Cup format, it’s interesting they decided to go Keurig brewed, but if they didn’t their K-Cup packs wouldn’t work with the Keurig 2.0 brewers coming out later this Fall.
This is one partnership we didn’t see coming, and right on the heels of Starbucks changing it’s agreement with Green Mountain from the only, “Premium Exclusive Brand on the Keurig platform.” It also makes us think who’s left? Is there any premium brand that’s not on the Keurig platform for 2014?
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
March 14, 2014
After successfully winning an appeal to be able to use it’s own brand of single cups for Keurig brewers, Rogers Family Company has filed a lawsuit hoping to ensure Keurig 2.0 brewers will be able to use non-licensed K-Cups and not only those with the Keurig brewed license.
In the suit which will seek damages as determined by the trial, The Rogers family alleges that Keurig has used its monopoly power in the single-serve coffee brewer and coffee pod markets to require its distribution partners to enter into exclusive anticompetitive agreements designed to maintain Keurig's monopoly power by excluding competition. In addition, Keurig has announced plans to launch a new line in 2014 of Single-Serve Brewers - Keurig 2.0 - that Keurig has stated will contain lockout technology to prevent Keurig 2.0 brewers from functioning with competitors' coffee pod products. According to Keurig, the Keurig 2.0 brewers would replace its existing lines of Keurig brewers that function with competing coffee pod products.
It seems another lawsuit is in order if Rogers and other companies are to be able to use the Keurig brewers to brew their K-Cups. We would imagine some non-Keurig K-Cup brewers are also on the horizon. Given the expiration of the patents for Keurig K-Cups, it’s interesting to see how Keurig Green Mountain will fair this year as they try and launch Keurig 2.0.
At Rogers Family Co. Files Lawsuit Against Keurig Green Mountain, Inc..
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
March 13, 2014
AB has found some the Keurig K45 line has expanded to offer more color options.
From AB: While at Wal-Mart in Brewer Maine I came across a White Elite brewer. This is the first time I have seen a color variation for K45. Keurig currently offers different colors for the Mini and Platinum. Doing some research on Keurig.com I discovered that they now offer 4 colors: Black, Patriot Blue, Coconut White, and Rhubarb (red).
On the Keurig website they run $119.99 with free shipping. I find it odd that with the impending rollout of the Keurig 2.0 they would produce this model in different colors. Why expand on a model that in theory will be obsolete when the new line is launched. My thought is that they will keep both lines active for sometime and phase out the VUE.
We concur on the expansion of this line with the eventual phase out of these brewers. We’re also starting to wonder how Keurig will keep the brewers available but then cut over to the Keurig 2.0 later this year. We also recommend if you want to use a non DRM version of a Keurig brewer getting one of these brewers now makes more sense. The Keurig 2.0 will have built in DRM and only work with Keurig licensed K-Cups.
You can also find the Keurig K45 in various colors on Amazon.com.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Single Serve Coffee Machines
March 12, 2014
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. has announced a company name change to Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. The new name is in effect immediately, and the company will retain its ticker symbol of 'GMCR' on the NASDAQ stock exchange. The name better reflects how much of the company has Keurig products in the future of what started as a collaboration and is now a full blown effort. GMCR Canada Holding, Inc., also becomes Keurig Canada Inc. effective immediately.
Given the future of Keurig 2.0, Keurig Single Serve Soda (with Coca Cola on board), the company name change makes sense.
'Our new name better reflects who we are as a Company today and captures our aspirations for the future,' said Brian Kelley, Keurig Green Mountain's President and CEO. 'The name Keurig Green Mountain brings together our two strongest brands, Keurig and Green Mountain Coffee, into one single and powerful corporate identity that symbolizes the strength of our business and the unity of our team, while also recognizing our strong heritage.'
The new visual identity, like the new name, draws from elements of the Company's former corporate visual identity and its Keurig brand identity.
If you want to learn about the new logo (which is basically a K on it’s side) see the video on the Company's newly branded website at www.KeurigGreenMountain.com.
Read More in: General News | Keurig & K-Cups
March 11, 2014
Twisted Pine Coffee is now in the single cup business bringing their entire line of coffees to the single serve brewer in your life. Using only the finest sourced beans and artistically roasting each batch to meet their standards, each batch of Twisted Pine Coffee beans is artisan roasted in small batches and delivered fresh. All of the Twisted Pine single cups will in all Keurig K-Cup Brewers. All Twisted Pine Coffee single cups run $8.99 for a box of 12.
- Autumn Sunrise Single Serve - Autumn Sunrise is a sumptuous trio of from Central America(Guatemalan, Costa Rican, Honduran) coffees . Creating a Full-bodied and complex, it offers hints of orange & caramel to round out an extremely bright coffee blend, producing a clean, exceptionally satisfying finish. Autumn Sunrise captures the crisp autumn north woods sunrise in every cup.
- Cafe Allonge French Roast - While crafting our French Roast, we decided that flavor and consistency rather than intensity of roast would be the most important elements in our French Roast coffee. Our French Roast is truly a coffee with a backbone. We begin with the highest-grade Colombian coffee beans and then dark roast them to bring out the sweet creamy Colombian flavors with a rich yet sweet aroma.
- Carmeled Sea Salt - The perfect marriage of Sweet and Savory! This tantalizing flavored coffee combines the sweetness of caramel with the savory goodness of sea salt! Painstakingly roasted with to a perfect medium roast to bring out the cocoa hints in our South American coffee to make the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Roasted to order and will ship fresh to you the same day!
- Donut Shop Blend - Donut Shop Blend is an everyday reliable coffee that you can enjoy each and every day. It has a familiar, bold flavor that will bring back memories of your local donut shop.
- French Vanilla Cappuccino - Start your day or any time with a steamy and creamy French Vanilla Cappuccino treat. Our blend of creamy French Vanilla Cappuccino offers a sweet smooth taste capturing the essence of perfection, like having a personal barista right in your kitchen.
- Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa - You will be hooked after one sip of our rich milk chocolate hot cocoa Our gourmet hot cocoa will satisfy that chocolate craving with each creamy sip. Made with the finest cocoa beans to provide a perfect velvety texture. Relax and enjoy this chocolate treat!
- Titletown Brew - In Titletown USA, excellence is never a sometimes thing - it is an all the time thing! This everyday all around brew will stand the test of time and flavor. Blending Organic Ethiopian carries the hint of blueberry and brandy dark chocolate flavors brought from the Organic Sumatran mixed perfectly to bring a unique experience. Meticulously hand roasted in Titletown USA, this coffee truly lives up to the excellence in its name.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
March 10, 2014
We were surprised to see Gevalia introduce frothy drinks for Keurig K-Cup brewers when we checked out their Gevalia Mocha Latte Single Cups recently and we enjoyed the results so much that we decided to try the next flavor in their frothy line-up... Gevalia Cappuccino Single Cups. Once again, the froth is achieved via a 2-step process where you dump froth mix powder into the cup, then brew an espresso Single Cup over the top of it. The blending of both creates a chemical reaction which results in bubbly froth being produced. Stir the final cup once done brewing and you get an impressively thick froth layer on top. Will these cappuccino Single Cups be as good as the Mocha Latte Single Cups turned out to be? Let's find out. Continue reading: "Gevalia Cappuccino Single Cups for K-Cup Brewers Review"
Read More in: K Cup Reviews | Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews
March 7, 2014
Drinking just 350mg of coffee can have a big effect on performance. The group of Triathletes and runners in just about every test published always are a bit faster than those not getting caffeinated on some coffee. Each morning we run and ride we always pre-load with a cup of single serve coffee and we can feel the difference.
Here’s 8 reasons why you should boost your performance with a little caffeine.
- Boost Antioxidants
- Improve Mood
- Lower Heart-Disease Risk
- Dodge Diabetes
- Enhance Brain Function
- Protect Your Liver
- Relieve Stress
Check out all the details of each of the eight reasons above at Runner's World.
Read More in: Caffeine and Coffee
March 6, 2014
Starbucks made the Tribute Blend last year as a tribute to 40 years of Starbucks, and now it's going to be an annual celebration. Spicy and full bodied with four coffees bringing together this amazing flavor, you can read our review of the Tribute Blend here. We're pretty exited you'll be able to get this coffee each year, and it looks like the recipe for an amazing cup of single serve coffee hasn't changed. We'll raise our cup to 41 years with Starbucks here in 2014, and hope you have the chance to pay tribute as well.
Starbucks Tribute Blend K-Cups will work in any Keurig K-Cup Brewers, and is available now at your local Starbucks and online.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Starbucks Single Serve Coffee
March 5, 2014
The Doctor Who Dalek to Victory Coffee Mug is an individually boxed gift mug that is dishwasher safe. Holding a whopping 11 Oz., the mug is made of porcelain and features our favorite aggressive little robots from Doctor Who - the Daleks. If you need to exterminate that hangover from last night, or just up your aggression with a cup of coffee to start your day this coffee mug is for you.
Read More in: Coffee Cups & Travel Mugs
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives