September 25, 2014
The pour over craze continues with the The Philips Cafe Gourmet Coffee maker. The Philips Café Gourmet can make a cup of coffee just like handmade filter coffee, thanks to the high brewing temperature created by the unique Boil & Brew system.Water is boiled first and then flows through ground coffee.The temperature, maintained by special dual heating element, reaches at least 93°C, helping to create the richest flavor and superior aroma for your filter coffee.
Other key features of the Philips Café Gourmet coffee maker include:
- Drip Stop to interrupt coffee brewing whenever you like
- Translucent water tank with detachable lid
- Detachable filter holder
- Auto shut-off after 30 minutes
- Illuminated power switch
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleaning
- Cable storage and non slip feet
Read More in: Whole Bean and Ground Coffeee
September 24, 2014
If you’re looking for a Nespresso capsule alternative you may want to check out Mixpresso. Made in Italy, Mixpresso offers 4 different espresso capsule options and they also have their own single serve espresso machines:
- Ricco, made from 100% full drums Robusta. A powerful & contrasting rich flavor that's a perfectly smooth experience on the tongue. A cup of this full-bodied roaster is simply perfect to suit the expectations of true lovers of quality traditional Italian Espresso.
- Luce- best defined as an angelic light and easy speciality decaf. It's our classic lively yet gentle flavor on the menu. Luce offers a snappy crisp and citrus body from the Central American coffee bean matched with a complete depth and sweetness of an Ethiopian classic.
- Classe is Mixpresso's Superior Blend. A Perfect harmony of aromatic coffee from the Arabica species, similar to that of the Lungo but blended with an excellent natural, rustic coffee from the Robusta species. A creamy, full bodied and easy to work coffee blend with a complex yet persistent taste.
- Lungo, is the line for coffee purists, obtained by five selected components of 100% Arabica species of coffee from Central & South America and East Africa. Its intense toasted aroma is accompanied by a combination of slightly fruity flavors in which you can percieve gentle notes of Myrtle.
They have 3 different machines with the main difference being color. There’s Logan, Isabelle, and Steve. We’re pretty sure these machines are Nespresso capsule compatible as well.
Read More in: Nespresso | Single Serve Coffee Machines
September 23, 2014
McDonalds.ca has announced McCafe K-Cups and T-Discs for your K-Cup Brewers (not Keurig 2.0) and Tassimo home brewing systems. You can now take home their Premium Roast coffee and it will be available at McDonald’s restaurants and most major grocery stores in four convenient formats.
- McCafe K-Cup Portion Packs - Works in Keurig 1.0 brewers only
- McCafe Tassimo T-Discs
- McCafe Ground Coffee
- McCafe Whole Bean Coffee
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Tassimo & T-Discs | Whole Bean and Ground Coffeee
September 22, 2014
We continue today with Part 2 of our 3-part Keurig 2.0 Mega Review (you can read Part I here) by checking out the new menu system, discussing how to brew various packs in the new brewers and we also cover new features which you’ll only find on the new 2.0 brewers. One thing we’d like to tackle before we get started (and something we forgot to mention in Part 1) is how you can determine whether or not K-Cups & Vue Packs are 2.0 compatible before you even open the box.
We’re all familiar with the old Keurig Brewed logo and while most people will think this automatically means they’re getting 2.0 K-Cups or Vue Packs… this is NOT the case. Instead, you now need to look for even NEWER logos on the packaging. The new K-Cup compatibility logo is a colored rectangle with a circled checkmark on top which contains the words “For use in all Keurig K-Cup brewers”. While we’re not entirely 100% certain if boxes featuring this new logo might still contain older 1.0 K-Cups (since the use of the word all can be considered somewhat vague), we can however confirm that all the new boxes with this logo in our latest online orders & in-store purchases DID contain the newer 2.0 K-Cups which feature the Keurig Brewed grey/white ring around the lid. Continue reading: "Keurig 2.0 Menus, Brewing Various Packs & New Exclusive 2.0 Features"
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Keurig Vue & V-Cups | Reviews | Single Serve Coffee Machines
September 19, 2014
The Froth will be with you with this Star Wars Coffee Mug. You can drink each morning knowing the force of caffeine will soon be coursing through your veins. This mug is dishwasher and microwave safe, and the images will not fade over time.
Read More in: Coffee Cups & Travel Mugs
September 18, 2014
It looks like Starbucks is making good on their promise to expand their current line. AB has found Starbucks Guatemala Antigua Coffee K-Cups while at Starbucks on a recent visit. The Guatemala Antigua K-Cups are refined with layers of unfolding flavor— notes of lemon, chocolate and soft spice.
- Enjoy this with: A caramel-dipped apple and an early start to the weekend.
- Roast: Medium
- Region: Latin America
- $11.95 for a box of 12
Starbucks Guatemala Antigua Coffee K-Cups will work in all K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
September 17, 2014
We’ve gotten a bunch of write ins regarding Keurig 2.0, and what K-Cups and packs work with the new brewer. Due to DRM that the brewer uses to tell non-licensed K-Cups not to brew you may have seen the OOPS warning on your Keurig 2.0. Many of your current K-Cups and older VUE Packs will not work with the Keurig 2.0.
Keurig has also noted that many K-Cups have had the Keurig brewed circle on them since earlier in the year but VUE packs are current transitioning so many if not all current VUE packs will not work. According to Keurig Vue packs are currently compatible only with Vue Brewers. Over the next few months, all Vue packs will be transitioned to also be compatible with the Keurig 2.0 Brewing System. You’ll need to check back regularly, and Keurig will let you know when Vue packs can be used in your Keurig 2.0 Brewer on their site.
So this is what we know will and won’t work in Keurig 2.0:
- Doesn’t Work: Non-Keurig Pack with No Outside Brewed By Keurig circle or ring
- Doesn’t Work: VUE Pack with no colored circle on it. Most Vue packs won’t work at all.
- Doesn’t Work: Older K-Cup licensed pack with no Outside Brewed by Keurig circle or ring
- Works: K-Cup pack with outside ring
- Works: K-Carafe pack with colored dot
Let us know if you have any questions or find other K-Cup situations that don’t work with Keurig 2.0.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
September 16, 2014
Starbucks in the US has released Starbucks Fall Blend K-Cups for 2014. You can now safely welcome the season with a harvest of flavors all wrapped up in a K-Cup. This coffee is layered and full-bodied. The three-region blend offers the best of all worlds:
- Sumatran beans lend the warmth of fresh spice notes
- Beans from Kenya add citrusy brightness,
- Beans from Peru provide balance and a subtle nuttiness.
$11.99 for a box of 16 K-Cups. Whole bean and ground are available as well.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
September 15, 2014
When Keurig first announced earlier this year that it was working on a new brewer which could brew both K-Cups & full carafes of coffee, we were left scratching our head as we thought the whole point of a single serve coffee machine was to… well… serve single servings of coffee. Why would anyone want a single serve coffee machine to make an entire pot (or carafe as Keurig prefers to call it) of coffee? Single serve machines were built specifically to get rid of the old customs of brewing full pots only to have them go stale or burnt (if left on a hot plate) before anyone could finish drinking the entire pot. More often then not, we’d end up dumping more coffee down the sink drain than what would end up in our mugs throughout the course of a day.
When compared to K-Cups or Vue-Packs, the new K-Carafe Packs are considerably larger (think of an oversized Travel Mug Vue-Pack) and appear to contain much more coffee. When you first realize how oversized these things are, it comes as a bit of a surprise and makes sense why you only get 8 in a retail box. That wasn’t the only surprise that the new Keurig 2.0 brewer would hold in store for us. The very controversial decision to implement DRM and make the brewer only brew licensed/coded K-Cups caused much stir and vitriol from consumers & competitors alike. Companies which were already making several unlicensed K-Cups were angry that Keurig was effectively locking them out from being able to brew their products on the new machine. Anti-competitive lawsuits emerged and all sorts of issues arose around the matter. Continue reading: "Keurig 2.0 Brewer Series Overview & First Impressions"
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews | Single Serve Coffee Machines
September 12, 2014
With the recent early introduction of Starbucks PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) this year, the company also decided to bring back and introduce some other fall products.
New this year (in Canada at least) is Starbucks Thanksgiving Blend K-Cups. Long available in whole bean & ground coffee format, this marks the first time we've seen it offered in K-Cup format.
Billed as a dark roast with herbal notes, these K-Cups will work with all K-Cup Brewers including Keurig 2.0. Also back for 2014 are Starbucks Anniversary Blend K-Cups (now 2.0 compatible) & Starbucks VIA Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Look for them at your local Starbucks shop while supplies last.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives