April 23, 2014
The Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug continues to be our travel mug of choice, and we use it daily. Featuring vacuum-insulated technology that keeps beverages hot for 4 hours, and cold for 12 hours the Contigo is also easy to use and carry. It’s also backed by the Contigo Lifetime Guarantee against any manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship.
An the AUTOSEAL lid automatically seals between sips to ensure no spills. You simply pull the button by gripping your hand around the mug top and drinking. Though hand washing is recommended, we have 3 of these and wash the lid and main mug in the dishwasher all the time with no issues. You can also purchase the Contigo Travel Mug in 16 or 24 ounce versions. The 24 ounce version is shown above.
At Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug
Read More in: Coffee Cups & Travel Mugs
April 22, 2014
It’s been a while since we’ve seen any new K-Cups from Folgers, so we were caught a bit off guard recently when when stumbled across this new flavor on Keurig’s site a few days ago. While it may not be a flavored variety this time around and while it may seem a bit redundant given their Black Silk flavor is already a pretty strong dark roast coffee, we were curious to see what these new Folgers Gourmet Selections French Roast K-Cups would be like. Let’s find out.
Brewing these K-Cups resulted in strong smoky hickory notes with some very mild peppery notes lurking underneath. Oddly enough though, aroma didn’t seem as strong as what we’re used to with typical French Roast coffees. This carried through in the flavor as we also got smoky notes up front blended with dark cocoa and some faint citrus notes as things faded into a peppery finish near the end of each sip. It’s been a while since we had the Black Silk K-Cups but we’re a bit surprised that this flavor is turning out to be a bit lighter than that. Definitely not what we were expecting. Give us a second while we check the packaging again… nope, it says French Roast. Hmmm… strange. Continue reading: "Folgers Gourmet Selections French Roast K-Cups Review"
Read More in: K Cup Reviews | Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews
April 21, 2014
Over at Fast Company Alan Adler inventor of the Aeropress has a really extensive Q&A on the Aeropress. It’s no doubt the Aeropress is one of the most popular single serve coffee makers, and also one of the best. We reviewed the Aeropress back in 2006, and it’s still one of our go-to single serve coffee makers. Why? It makes an amazing cup of coffee, and it only requires minimal interaction to get a perfect cup of coffee every time.
The Q&A also has some info on Alan Adler’s earlier days as a toy designer. If you didn’t know he invented the Aerobie frisbee, and other toys. Head over to Fast Company for the full read, and yes those are male enhancing devices with the Aeropress in the middle. Choose your coffee press wisely...
Read More in: Single Serve Coffee Machines
April 18, 2014
CUPS is an app for IOS and Android that allows you to pay for coffee at independent coffee shops. CUPS allows you to subscribe and get discounted or even unlimited coffee from independent coffee shops for a discounted price. Right now in the US it’s only available in New York where you can pay a per month or discount rate at many coffee shops.
Is it a deal? A participating shop needs to be convenient to your home, work, or some point in between, and one drawback is a participating shop can withdraw from CUPS at any time. Still paying and saving 20-30% off the price of your coffee or even getting unlimited coffee for $45 to $85 bucks a month might work out in the long run.
We like the idea and would love to know if you’re using CUPS in NYC. We’ll be visiting NYC next week and will try and check it out.
Via Consumerist at CUPS
Read More in: Caffeine and Coffee
April 17, 2014
Can a coffee machine connect 2 strangers? After a year in the making, you can watch the Coffee Connector - an interactive coffee maker requiring two people to function. The Coffee Connector debuted at a conference at the Time Warner Center in New York. If you’re looking for what people thought of the Coffee Connector - check out #sgcoffeeconnect. Video is after the jump, and sure it’s a promotion piece but we really love an interactive coffee contraption every time. Continue reading: "Two Strangers Can Connect Over Coffee"
Read More in: Caffeine and Coffee
April 16, 2014
Tassimo Europe is into changing not only the names of their Tassimo beverage systems, but also the model numbers. They've taken to giving the T20 to T65 names such as Amia, Fidelia, Charmy, Joy, etc. The new T12 is called the “Vivy”. The model #s are also a bit "off" as the T45 is called the T42 & T40, etc.
We like owning our Tassimo T65, but would we also like calling it Amia? Maybe naming it ourself to something like “Bobby - the amazing thing that makes us coffee.” would be a better name.
Seriously this is a great way to add a little personality to your single serve coffee maker, and we’d like to see a little more fun on this side of the pond.
More at Tassimo
Read More in: Single Serve Coffee Europe | Tassimo & T-Discs
April 15, 2014
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf K-Cups have been spotted in the wild by AB at Walmart recently in Bangor, Maine. We've been waiting for the CBTL K-Cups to become widely available and it looks like it's happening. Right now there's 4 blends to choose from, and all of them will work in all K-Cup Brewers. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf K-Cups are also Keurig brewed and will work in Keurig 2.0 brewers this fall as well.
- Costa Rica Blend: Medium Roast. Our Costa Rica coffee comes from the finest high-altitude farms, where the unique climate and rich soils produce coffees that exhibit a bright, clean taste. With its balanced, crisp flavor and fragrant aroma, this medium-bodied coffee is a customer favorite in our cafés.
- Toasted Amaretto: Medium Roast. Make your day even better with this Toasted Amaretto flavored coffee. Rich and fragrant with almond and a creamy liqueur flavor, it is sure to make for a special cup of coffee, day or night.
- Viennesse Blend: Dark Roast. Vienna-style roasting creates a deep brown, medium dark roast. Mellow, smooth and delicately nuanced with hints of chocolate, our Viennese Blend draws on a unique Vienna-style of roasting that dates back to 1683 when the country’s first coffee house opened.
- Café 63 Roast: Light Roast. Our Café ’63 Roast presents the smooth, light-bodied taste and fruity aroma which we’ve been known for since we opened our first café in 1963. Hand-selected for the quality of their brightness and flavor, the beans are roasted to perfection to bring you a deliciously cheerful and refreshing cup. For a box of 18 it will run you $9.98."
More at Coffee Bean Tea & Leaf
Read More in: CBTL | Keurig & K-Cups
April 14, 2014
Mother Parkers Coffee has created the EcoCup - a recyclable single-use coffee and tea pod for Keurig K-Cup brewers. Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee says the EcoCup is available with various loose-leaf teas, including the Higgins & Burke brand, while pods containing coffee will be out in early 2015.
How does the EcoCup work? After brewing a beverage, the user can detach the filter from the pod, discard the tea leaves or coffee grounds in a compost, and throw the pod into the blue bin. It works much the same way as the Keurig VUE recyclable VUE packs.
Mother Parkers has been on the pursuit of making a zero waste single serve coffee product for quite some time, and though the EcoCup is not zero waste they hope it will be in coming years. The environmental impact of the single-serve coffee habit is known to even Keurig Green Mountain. It’s surprising how many companies have beaten them to getting a greener K-Cup to market. We can only hope all K-Cups will be recyclable in the future.
Via CTV News
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
April 11, 2014
The Nespresso Vertuo is here, so check out this amazing shot below of the box of Vertuo capsules. If there's one thing that Nespresso does right besides amazing espresso and single serve coffee is design.
Features of the Vertuoline from Nespresso include:
- The Nespresso VertuoLine brews both genuine drip-style coffee and espresso.
- Innovative dual-capsule design brews great-tasting crema-enhanced drip coffee or rich espresso-a first for a one-touch capsule machine.
- Centrifusion technology scans each capsule and automatically adjusts brewing for a revolutionary one-button experience.
- Capsules insert easily and automatically eject into a container that holds 13-20 used capsules.
- Incredibly fast, 15- to 20-second heat-up ensures that delicious coffee is just one button push away.
- Automatic shutoff after nine minutes of inactivity. Enjoy two pre-set cup sizes-coffee (7.77 oz.) and espresso (1.35 oz)-or customize brewing between 0.3 oz and 17 oz.
- High-capacity water tank allows you to brew more without refilling.
At Nespresso Vertuo
Read More in: Nespresso | Single Serve Coffee Machines
April 10, 2014
If you've been searching for a quality latte, espresso and cappuccino maker, you couldn't get any better than the De'Longhi's Lattissima Pro. This amazing machine comes with tons of features packed into a sturdy design that has very little plastic to it. With a stainless steel frame and the ability to make custom or automatic drinks with the press of a button, you'll be under the impression that you're drinking a barista made drink every time. Continue reading: "Nespresso Lattissima Pro from De'Longhi - One-touch Cappuccino and Latte Review"
Read More in: Nespresso | Reviews | Single Serve Coffee Machines
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives