January 28, 2015
It’s been awhile since we’ve had much news on the FLAVIA single serve brewer and coffee front, but it looks like they are getting some Peet’s Coffee to add to their already extensive line of coffees, teas, and other hot beverages. Mars Drinks which is now a 100 percent workplace-dedicated segment of Mars, Incorporated, has entered an agreement with Peet’s Coffee & Tea, to bring Peet’s premium coffee to offices across North America.
Mars Drinks is offering three of Peet’s most popular varieties, French Roast, Café Domingo and Colombia Luminosa, which are freshly-ground and packaged in Mars Drinks’ proprietary, recyclable Freshpacks to ensure taste, quality and freshness.
To celebrate the launch of Peet’s coffees, Mars Drinks is offering new customers with 50 or more employees a free trial of its FLAVIA brewers and Peet’s coffee varieties at www.marsdrinks.com/peets or by calling 1-877-273-5812. Mars Drinks current customers can order Peet’s coffees for FLAVIA brewers through their existing distributor relationship, or directly from Mars Drinks at myflavia.com/peetscoffee.
Read More in: Flavia
January 27, 2015
The very notion of a smart appliance should be appealing. Having a refrigerator tell you you’re out of milk, or to start a crock pot remotely or check in on how it’s doing. It’s a very sad day when someone makes a connected smart coffee maker that is in fact really dumb. Why? The Mr. Coffee Smart Optimal Brew can only be programmed using your smart phone, and if your smart phone happens to be in another room then you can’t adjust or change the coffee maker settings. There is a brew button for manual operation when brewing without the WeMo App and smart phone, but the connectivity costs a $50 more than the same coffee maker with regular controls right on the brewer.
We’re not sure who thought this was a worthy trade off, but we won’t be surprised how bad the press and user experience this coffee maker will have. For $150 bucks, we think we’ll order another Chemex and Aeropress that will remain offline and fine for years to come.
Via Consumer Reports News at Mr. Coffee Smart Wifi-Enabled WeMo 10-Cup Optimal Brew Coffeemaker
Read More in: Whole Bean and Ground Coffee
January 26, 2015
If you’ve been looking for a something flavorful for you single serve cup of coffee in the morning, we think you’ll enjoy Brooklyn Beans Roastery Subway Cinnamon Single Cups. These single cups combine a delicious combination of rich coffee and toasted cinnamon. The coffee produced is spicy-sweet. The Brooklyn Beans Roastery Subway Cinnamon Single Cups will work in K-Cup Brewers BUT NOT Keurig 2.0.
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups
January 23, 2015
The OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker allows you to make amazing low acid smooth tasting coffee with a little ice and time. Cold brewing has been and currently is one of the more popular alternative brewing method available for brewing your favorite cup of single serve coffee. Cold brewing is a great way to make a carafe of cold brewed coffee and drink it iced later in the day, or simple warm it up for some hot coffee action.
Key features include:
- BPA free coffee maker brews smooth, delicious low-acid coffee concentrate to prepare hot or cold coffee
- Rainmaker evenly distributes water for optimal flavor extraction
- Easy-To-Access switch activates filtration process while keeping hands clean
- Coffee maker automatically stops filtering when carafe is removed to prevent unwanted mess
- Stopper has measurement markings and the silicone seal keeps coffee in carafe fresh in the fridge
You can get one of these at OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker, and for a full review check out this article at Wired.
Read More in: Whole Bean and Ground Coffee
January 22, 2015
McCafe coffee is a favorite among many of our Single Serve Coffee readers, and you may want to know you can get it for your Tassimo Hot Beverage system too. Recently McDonald’s has made a push to make it available in ground and single cup formats with the big announcement being K-Cups able to be used in Keurig 2.0. With the addition of Tassimo as a hot beverage system it makes McCafe coffee available on the two most popular single serve coffee systems.
Note: McDonald’s McCafe Premium Medium Roast Coffee for Tassimo is only available in Canada, but you can order online at have it sent to the US from Amazon.
Read More in: Tassimo & T-Discs
January 21, 2015
It’s Wednesday and we are always looking for something a little funny to get us over the hump. This coffee trip from Conan definitely get’s us in a better mood this morning, and should help you crack a well deserved single serve coffee smile.
In this video clip Conan’s assistant Jordan takes his caffeine very seriously, so Conan tests his espresso knowledge at LA's Intelligentsia Coffee. We love how awkward and downright ruthless Conan can be with Jordan, and when he pulls out some CoffeeMate at Intelligentsia the look on the barista’s faces is pretty amazing.
At Conan Takes Jordan Schlansky Coffee Tasting
Read More in: General News
January 20, 2015
While we realize we’re about a month overdue with this review now that the holiday season has come and gone, we still had quite a few seasonal holiday items we didn’t get a chance to check out until now. We figured it was better late than never to start digging through some of these items and we’re reviewing one of the most recent single serve products which was introduced last year… Barrie House Spicy Mistletoe Single Cups.
As we may have noted in earlier reviews, Barrie House recently changed the design of their Single Cups so that they appear to be made out of a solid plastic shell vs. the old design which had a plastic shell but a foil bottom. We were a bit concerned that the plastic would be too thick for the Keurig’s piercing needle but this wasn’t the case. Other items such as their intensity scale and peel-away lid appear to have remained intact from the old designs. Let’s give these a try and see if they’re a worthwhile addition to our holiday coffee line-up. Continue reading: "Barrie House Spicy Mistletoe Single Cups Review"
Read More in: K Cup Reviews | Keurig & K-Cups | Reviews
January 16, 2015
The Evolve 3.0 Coffee Brewer allows you to brew three different ways. Why three brewing methods in one coffee maker? Because you don’t always want to brew your coffee the same way in every coffee drinking session. The Evolve 3.0 is a Kickstarter project we’ll likely support, and we are excited to see such a modular design that not only makes one cup of coffee but can make a small pot as well.
Here are the three methods the Evolve 3.0 brewer supports:
- STOVETOP - The stovetop process utilises pressurised hot water to extract solids from the coffee, enabling the water to take on an optimal concentration and balance during extraction.
- POUR-OVER - During filter extraction water filters through the ground coffee, absorbing its oils and solids as it passes through the filter into the jug.
- PLUNGER - The plunger is a classic coffee brewing process. Ground coffee is steeped in hot water for a short period of time and is then strained using the hand pressured filter.
Additional features of the 3.0 include:
- Glass lids for clear and easy visualisation of the extraction process.
- Twin walled stainless steel vacuum jug for added insulation.
- Ergonomically designed cool touch handle.
- Smooth pour spout.
- Durable food grade silicone seals.
- Stainless steel boiler compatible with gas, electric, ceramic and induction stovetops.
- Dishwasher safe.
Read More in: Single Serve Coffee Machines | Whole Bean and Ground Coffee
January 15, 2015
It was bound to happen, but we didn’t expect it to happen this way. Keurig and GE have teamed up to bring a Café French door refrigerator featuring a Keurig Hot Beverage System integrated into it. So if you’ve been looking for coffee, tea, and hot water to be dispensed right at the refrigerator this is going to be the refrigerator for you. Priced at $3300 it’s not going to be cheap, and we wonder what type of customer service you’ll get if the brewer ever fails or needs repair.
Additional features include:
- Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
- The built-in system frees up counter space, something that's a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
- First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
- GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
- Opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, including the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, Eight O'Clock, Community Coffee, and Peet's Coffee and Tea.
- Made in Louisville, Ky., the Café French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system (CFE28USHSS/CYE22USHSS) will be available in stainless steel.
- Iit will be available in the third quarter of 2015 wherever appliances are sold.
More at GE Appliances
Read More in: Keurig & K-Cups | Single Serve Coffee Machines
January 14, 2015
If drinking a cold Coke from your Keurig Cold System in the future wasn't enough, Keurig has inked a deal to bring Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) flavor options for the new machine.
Dr Pepper also brings the brands and flavors of 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Clamato, Crush, Hawaiian Punch, Mott's, Mr & Mrs T mixers, Peñafiel, Rose's, Schweppes, Squirt and Sunkist sodas and beverages to Keurig Cold. That makes an impressive lineup for the launch of Keurig Cold later this year.
Keurig Cold is an innovative new beverage system that will offer consumers a convenient way to enjoy cold beverages made at home, including carbonated drinks, enhanced waters, juice drinks, sports drinks, and teas at home with the one-touch simplicity, quality, and variety that North American consumers love about the Keurig brand hot system platform.
Read More in: General News
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives